Windows 10: Move Windows 10 PRO license to new PC

Discus and support Move Windows 10 PRO license to new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am in the process of decommissioning my old PC where I had Windows 10 PRO upgraded from Windows 8 Enterprise- I had purchased. I do not have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MPZ, Jul 20, 2021.

1. MPZ
    MPZ Win User

Move Windows 10 PRO license to new PC

I am in the process of decommissioning my old PC where I had Windows 10 PRO upgraded from Windows 8 Enterprise- I had purchased. I do not have the License key from Windows 8 Days. If I get the license key from my current PC using one of many VBS scripts available in online forums can I use the license from current PC to upgrade the new PC Windows 10 home 64 bit to Windows 10 PRO? Do I Need to remove the key from my old PC first? My Windows 10 PRO license is not manufacturer provided.Thanks

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 20, 2021
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Move Windows 10 PRO license to new PC - Similar Threads - Move PRO license

2. Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop: Hello, I have an older laptop that is running Win 10 Pro the PRO part was an upgrade to Win 10 home purchased on Windows store. The laptop is not feeling well and I believe it is time to replace it. Will I be able to move the PRO license from the old laptop to the new laptop...
  3. Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop: Hello, I have an older laptop that is running Win 10 Pro the PRO part was an upgrade to Win 10 home purchased on Windows store. The laptop is not feeling well and I believe it is time to replace it. Will I be able to move the PRO license from the old laptop to the new laptop...
  4. Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Moving Windows License to a new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving Windows License to a new PC: Hello, Soon I will have a new PC which is custom built, so Windows will not be pre-activated. Is there any way I can transfer the license from my current PC to the new PC? I do not have a product key and I do not wish to re-purchase Windows 10 again unnecessarily....
  6. Moving my Windows 10 Pro license to a new laptop

Moving my Windows 10 Pro license to a new laptop: Hello, I have two laptops, both came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed and activated. I applied my Windows 10 Pro key to one of them but now I'd like to move this license. Is it possible to do it and keep my pre-installed Windows 10 Home on the first laptop and re-use this...
  7. Move Windows Pro license to a new computer

Move Windows Pro license to a new computer: Is is possible to remove or disable Windows 10 PRO totally from one computer and install in a new computer with the original being dismantled and recycled? TedPaulat...
  8. Windows 10 pro license move to a new computer?

Windows 10 pro license move to a new computer?: In the past few years I upgraded my laptop (Windows 8.1) to Windows 10. Then I purchased windows 10 pro from Microsoft Store online and I successfully upgraded my Laptop to Windows 10 pro without product key attach. Can I get a product key or move my windows 10 pro license...
  9. Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop: Hi! I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently -> choose my old...
  10. Moving Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a new laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Moving Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a new laptop: Hi, I just purchased a laptop that came with Windows 10 Home and I did an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft store via digital license. Now, two days after, my laptop is making tremendous noise and I will return it to manufacturer and get refunded. When I buy a...