Windows 10: Move Windows 10Pro from old computer and different MS account

Discus and support Move Windows 10Pro from old computer and different MS account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was given and older computer with Windows 10Pro. I've decided not to use the computer. Can I move the license to a new computer and/or move the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CinBrandon, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Move Windows 10Pro from old computer and different MS account

I was given and older computer with Windows 10Pro. I've decided not to use the computer. Can I move the license to a new computer and/or move the license to my MS account?

If so, how?

Thank you.

:)

CinBrandon, Jan 10, 2021
  2. JackKnapp Win User

Windows 10 Reinstall using different MS Account

I have reinstalled windows a couple different times (Reset, Recovery, and clean install) but every time I cannot activate - the Activation window is blank.

Could it be I am using a different MS Account for the reinstall? Checking my two MS accounts I see that this serial version of windows is now linked to both accounts (but it is NOT activated). Any suggestion on what to do? Do I need to disconnect the
    serial from the old MS account so it can be activated using the new MS account?

Thanks

JackKnapp, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Move Windows 10Pro from old computer and different MS account :(

Zakin, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Move Windows 10Pro from old computer and different MS account

different user accounts, only one email address?

Hi Geoff, welcome to the Ten Forums.

In Windows 10 it is not possible to use the same MS account for more than one user account on the same computer. If User-A signs in with an MS account User-A@AnyEmail.com, that MS account (email address) cannot be used to sign in any other user than User-A. User-B needs to use either a different MS account or a local account. However, you can use the same MS account on multiple computers.

There's no way to work around this restriction.

In your case I would simply install Windows 10 on both computers with a local admin account, then create an additional standard user account as an MS account on both computers using the same email address. If any of the two computers requires the gaming account, too, as you explained I would make this account a local account.

Tutorials:

Thema:

Move Windows 10Pro from old computer and different MS account

1. Move Windows 10Pro from old computer and different MS account - Similar Threads - Move 10Pro old

2. Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account: I have recently purchased a new computer as my old one had been a write-off, but this new computer has a different Microsoft account attached to it. I am able to access both accounts, however I am unable to access the first computer, and the second is currently in setup. How...
  3. Different MS account for Windows and Office?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Different MS account for Windows and Office?: Can you have windows login using one microsoft account, and office 365 installation activated with a different microsoft account? 182157
  4. Windows 10Pro download from microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10Pro download from microsoft account: I purchased windows 10 pro thru the microsoft store back in 2018. i had to reset my computer and would like to install that program but it will not download from the my orders page. what can i do?...
  5. moving content from old to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moving content from old to new computer: I have a very old DellOptiplex 360 desktop with windows 10 and am finally getting rid of it. I need to switch all my content over to my new Dell desktop. I forgot how to do this. I need to switch over outlook emails, all documents, all videos, all docs saved directly on my...
  6. Move Game to a different account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Move Game to a different account.: I have an account where I accidentally activated the game key and my main account. Is it possible to connect it somehow or move this game? I want to delete the old but I will lose game. * Original title: Is it possible to mix 2 accounts?...
  7. Moving storage to different accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving storage to different accounts: I was signed into an account of mine and it was an email I was no longer using. So I signed using my current email and all my files were gone (ex: Pictures or Netflix and stuff). I don't have much storage, a little under 500gb so I was wondering if there was a way to move...
  8. I have 10Pro on an old computer and want to move to as 10home computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have 10Pro on an old computer and want to move to as 10home computer: I have 10Pro on an old computer and want to move to as 10home computer How can i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/c86c1a20-9017-440c-b5a1-eb132aeb3e5f"
  9. Moving win10 from old computer to new

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving win10 from old computer to new: I'm upgrading from and old computer to a new build. Am I able to move the operating system to the new one without buying a brand new windows product key? I will not be using the old one whatsoever (just keeping the hard drives). Originally this was a windows 7 and I got the...
  10. Moving desktop from different user account

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving desktop from different user account: I have 2 user accounts with the DESKTOP folder listed. Either one opens the desktop files and sub-folders. I'd like to move the default location of DESKTOP from one user account to another without creating any redundancies, deletions or problems. Can this be done? *Cool*Cool...