Windows 10: Move Windows OS to SSD

Discus and support Move Windows OS to SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an ASUS Q525UA with a 2TB HDD. I bought a Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 250GB and installed it. Is there any way to move or reinstall Windows from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sultanmurad, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Move Windows OS to SSD

I have an ASUS Q525UA with a 2TB HDD. I bought a Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 250GB and installed it. Is there any way to move or reinstall Windows from the HDD to the SSD without having to wipe anything. I've created a USB drive Windows 10 media tool and backed up my drive just in case, I just need instructions on how to make the SSD the boot drive and run Windows while using the HDD as storage.

submitted by /u/sultanmurad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sultanmurad, Dec 30, 2020
  2. techguy31 Win User

64Gb SSD for OS or 2Tb HDD for storage ?!

I suggest that you get the 2tb for storage. SSDs are only useful if you want to boot things fast like OS and programs. I actually suggest you get both if you have that many movies.

techguy31, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Animalpak Win User
    advises ssd or keep hdd??

with SSD you get faster windows startup, faster gaming levels loading...

I suggest go with SSD !!

SSD are not so reliable for storage but for OS they are perfect.

Animalpak, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Move Windows OS to SSD

little cat, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Move Windows OS to SSD

1. Move Windows OS to SSD - Similar Threads - Move SSD

2. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  3. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  4. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd: So my key came from upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I didn't realize I had not linked my account and of course didn't stop to check. I move my ssd from my old computer to my new one and it brought up activating it and i found out that i had not linked it to my...
  6. I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd: So my key came from upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I didn't realize I had not linked my account and of course didn't stop to check. I move my ssd from my old computer to my new one and it brought up activating it and i found out that i had not linked it to my...
  7. I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd

8. How do i move a old windows to a external SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i move a old windows to a external SSD: How do i move a old windows to a external SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-a-old-windows-to-a-external-ssd/86f5cb8f-03a2-4ffc-bf9f-9e2e29678a40
  9. How do i move a old windows to a external SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i move a old windows to a external SSD: How do i move a old windows to a external SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-a-old-windows-to-a-external-ssd/86f5cb8f-03a2-4ffc-bf9f-9e2e29678a40
  10. How do i move a old windows to a external SSD