Windows 10: Move windows to new drive

Discus and support Move windows to new drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Okay I just got a newish pc, it came with win10 Pro installed on a 500gb sata ssd and has a 1tb spinning disk which is empty. I got an nvme m.2 drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fredmsft, May 26, 2022.

1. Fredmsft Win User

Move windows to new drive

Okay I just got a newish pc, it came with win10 Pro installed on a 500gb sata ssd and has a 1tb spinning disk which is empty. I got an nvme m.2 drive and am trying to get windows up and running from that. Whilst it's kinda working, in the bios, the machine is actually still booting from windows boot manager located on the old ssd. It is then booting from my new windows on the new nvme drive, but I'd like to remove the old ssd and when I do the machine obviously won't boot. I did originally try installing fresh windows onto the nvme drive with all the other drives removed. But in the installa

:)

Fredmsft, May 26, 2022
  2. little cat, May 26, 2022
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, May 26, 2022
  4. Move windows to new drive

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 26, 2022
Thema:

Move windows to new drive

1. Move windows to new drive - Similar Threads - Move drive

2. Move app data to default drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move app data to default drive.: Hello, I recently got an ssd installed which is great and improved the overall performance of my device. The issue being, my user profile, settings, browser bookmarks, etc, have all been replaced. The new ssd has become the default drive and I can't access my previous...
  3. Move app data to default drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move app data to default drive.: Hello, I recently got an ssd installed which is great and improved the overall performance of my device. The issue being, my user profile, settings, browser bookmarks, etc, have all been replaced. The new ssd has become the default drive and I can't access my previous...
  4. Move app data to default drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I move/copy files from my Onedrive account to a USB drive? Nothing I tried seems to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I move/copy files from my Onedrive account to a USB drive? Nothing I tried seems to...: I can't get files to copy from my OneDrive account to my computer or a USB drive. The previous answer to a similar question was about copying files to OneDrive. I want to copy them From OneDrive to my computer or a USB drive.Thank you for any help you can give me....
  6. How do I move/copy files from my Onedrive account to a USB drive? Nothing I tried seems to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move/copy files from my Onedrive account to a USB drive? Nothing I tried seems to...: I can't get files to copy from my OneDrive account to my computer or a USB drive. The previous answer to a similar question was about copying files to OneDrive. I want to copy them From OneDrive to my computer or a USB drive.Thank you for any help you can give me....
  7. How do I move/copy files from my Onedrive account to a USB drive? Nothing I tried seems to...

8. Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location: Win 11, I moved my download file location from C:\Users\Trader Account\Downloads to D:\Download without saving files when moving them. When I transferred the download location to D drive, I did not click on "Yes" move the current files in the downloads. As results, I lost the...
  9. Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location

Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location: Win 11, I moved my download file location from C:\Users\Trader Account\Downloads to D:\Download without saving files when moving them. When I transferred the download location to D drive, I did not click on "Yes" move the current files in the downloads. As results, I lost the...
  10. I'm trying to move my photos from my C drive to D drive but don't know how to select the D...

I'm trying to move my photos from my C drive to D drive but don't know how to select the D...: Trying to move my photos app or at least its contents from C-D drive but none of the advice helps. How do I indicate the target location, simply clicking on the D drive does not work? Help!...