Windows 10: Move windows to new SSD whilst keeping settings, etc

Discus and support Move windows to new SSD whilst keeping settings, etc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi My Windows SSD is full and I can't download updates, etc. I have a new larger SSD and want to replace disc without losing all my settings, etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Timp68, May 18, 2020.

1. Timp68 Win User

Move windows to new SSD whilst keeping settings, etc

Hi

My Windows SSD is full and I can't download updates, etc. I have a new larger SSD and want to replace disc without losing all my settings, etc. My data is stored on a separate HDD. Is there a "migration" tool or something. Unless I buy a new cable, there does not seem to be a spare connector to have both SSDs installed at the same time.

Thank you!

Tim

:)

Timp68, May 18, 2020

2. Way to keep GAME audio on whilst in windows

I'm trying to find a way to keep the game audio going when I'm in windows (whilst the game is in queue for matchmaking and I'm browsing the web)

in this instance it's nosgoth a steam game.

jonathan1107, May 23, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, May 23, 2020
  4. Move windows to new SSD whilst keeping settings, etc

Keep programs running whilst screen is turned off - MSBook

Hello,

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Which program are you referring you to?
    • As per the description, "I wish to keep some programs running whilst the screen on devise" where exactly are you stating that the programs have to be aligned?
    • What exact issue are you facing in Windows?
    Please pot to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Move windows to new SSD whilst keeping settings, etc

1. Move windows to new SSD whilst keeping settings, etc - Similar Threads - Move SSD whilst

2. move to a new ssd and keep windows activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move to a new ssd and keep windows activation: specs: Laptop: ASUS 2016, Windows 10, Samsung SSDHello, so long story short the original hard drive that was in my laptop HHD has failed me, and in the meanwhile until I can get that resolved, I want to just start fresh with a new hard drive, this time a SSD. I have a Windows...
  3. move to a new ssd and keep windows activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    move to a new ssd and keep windows activation: specs: Laptop: ASUS 2016, Windows 10, Samsung SSDHello, so long story short the original hard drive that was in my laptop HHD has failed me, and in the meanwhile until I can get that resolved, I want to just start fresh with a new hard drive, this time a SSD. I have a Windows...
  4. move to a new ssd and keep windows activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Moving windows to a new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving windows to a new ssd: Hi I want to move my windows to the new ssd that I installed on my pc because it is a faster and more space ssd m.2. How do I move it over and delete the old one from my old ssd...
  6. Moving windows to a new ssd

Moving windows to a new ssd: Hi I want to move my windows to the new ssd that I installed on my pc because it is a faster and more space ssd m.2. How do I move it over and delete the old one from my old ssd...
  7. Moving to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving to a new SSD: I have a desktop PC with a 930GB hard drive only 220 GB used; it's working ok but for various reasons I'd like to get a SSD drive and move to it. My nearby PC service company says they can easily install the new disk, and upgrade from my current Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  8. Moving to a new SSD

Moving to a new SSD: I have a desktop PC with a 930GB hard drive only 220 GB used; it's working ok but for various reasons I'd like to get a SSD drive and move to it. My nearby PC service company says they can easily install the new disk, and upgrade from my current Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  9. Boot off of ssd whilst keeping windows + programs on HDD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot off of ssd whilst keeping windows + programs on HDD?: Hi, I recently bought an SSD for booting only, and it is much smaller than my main HDD. I want to keep my windows install on my HDD, but boot off of the SSD. When I looked it up I saw something about dual booting but I’m not sure how that works. I don’t have enough space to...
  10. Moving OS to new SSD but keep Programs on HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving OS to new SSD but keep Programs on HDD: Hello, Is there any way to move/clone the OS to a new SSD while keeping the programs on the HDD (and being able to still keep the previous location association with shortcuts) (example: Shortcut on desktop: Location: (HDD) C:\Users\Sam\Desktop Name: Steam Target:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. replace hdd wih ssd keeping win 10 licence