Windows 10: Move windows to new SSD whilst keeping settings, etc

Discus and support Move windows to new SSD whilst keeping settings, etc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi My Windows SSD is full and I can't download updates, etc. I have a new larger SSD and want to replace disc without losing all my settings, etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Timp68, May 18, 2020.

1. Timp68 Win User

Move windows to new SSD whilst keeping settings, etc

Hi

My Windows SSD is full and I can't download updates, etc. I have a new larger SSD and want to replace disc without losing all my settings, etc. My data is stored on a separate HDD. Is there a "migration" tool or something. Unless I buy a new cable, there does not seem to be a spare connector to have both SSDs installed at the same time.

Thank you!

Tim

:)

Timp68, May 18, 2020

2. Way to keep GAME audio on whilst in windows

I'm trying to find a way to keep the game audio going when I'm in windows (whilst the game is in queue for matchmaking and I'm browsing the web)

in this instance it's nosgoth a steam game.

jonathan1107, May 23, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, May 23, 2020
  4. Move windows to new SSD whilst keeping settings, etc

Keep programs running whilst screen is turned off - MSBook

Hello,

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Which program are you referring you to?
    • As per the description, "I wish to keep some programs running whilst the screen on devise" where exactly are you stating that the programs have to be aligned?
    • What exact issue are you facing in Windows?
    Please pot to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Move windows to new SSD whilst keeping settings, etc

1. Move windows to new SSD whilst keeping settings, etc - Similar Threads - Move SSD whilst

2. Is it possible to move a SSD with windows 10 to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to move a SSD with windows 10 to a new computer?: I have a bit of an oddball question, and am sorry for being a bother. I couldn't think of a proper question in the title that fit. I have two computers at the moment, the newer one with a problem I am attempting to narrow down. But my second computer is incomplete. I want...
  3. Moving OS to new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving OS to new SSD: I have my Windows 10 OS installed in my old HDD. I recently put in a m.2 NVMe SSD in my PC and i’m wondering if I can clone my Windows 10 OS to my new SSD ONLY. I want to keep my pictures, videos and games in my HDD not move it anywhere. Is this possible? If so please tell me...
  4. MOVING SSD TO A NEW PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MOVING SSD TO A NEW PC: I am getting an Intel bare bones NUC. I want to simply take my SSD out of my old PC and install it in the new one, and hopefully boot up. I do have my Windows 10 license activated and associated with my Microsoft account. Will I be able to make this change successfully, and...
  5. move to new ssd harddisk

move to new ssd harddisk: hi there, i have installed and activated my win 10 os since last year in my conventional hard disk. now, i would like to move all my data to the new ssd sata hard disk. would you please show me the guidance how to perform it? thank you...
  6. Can I keep the windows key when moving my stuff to a new ssd?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I keep the windows key when moving my stuff to a new ssd?: This is a prebuilt. I'm wondering if cloning/migrating the c drive to the new ssd and switching it to the c drive with my ssd would keep the key used to activate windows....
  7. Moving Windows 10 to new SSD drive

Moving Windows 10 to new SSD drive: How can i move Windows 10 to a new SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-windows-10-to-new-ssd-drive/8c7f72af-fb9c-4966-9f4f-b8a91ff9a1d2
  8. White screen whilst setting up a brand new laptop

White screen whilst setting up a brand new laptop: My female friend can't input her mobile phone number into the setup android or iPhone linked account due to her works regulations, so she clicks not now option, the screen goes white. It has the microphone icon, the keyboard icon etc, and the back button. She waits a while...
  9. Moving OS to new SSD but keep Programs on HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving OS to new SSD but keep Programs on HDD: Hello, Is there any way to move/clone the OS to a new SSD while keeping the programs on the HDD (and being able to still keep the previous location association with shortcuts) (example: Shortcut on desktop: Location: (HDD) C:\Users\Sam\Desktop Name: Steam Target:...
  10. Moving Windows 10 to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Windows 10 to a new SSD: So I am looking to upgrade a vast majority of the parts in my computer, GPU, CPU, motherboard etc. It will basically be a new system with the exception to the HDD I will still be using alongside a new SSD. When reading up on how to transfer my copy of Windows 10 to my new SDD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. replace hdd wih ssd keeping win 10 licence