Windows 10: Move Windows UWP apps to other disk?

Discus and support Move Windows UWP apps to other disk? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got multiple internal disks and I want to change what app is in which. submitted by /u/RedditNoobie777 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedditNoobie777, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Move Windows UWP apps to other disk?

I got multiple internal disks and I want to change what app is in which.

submitted by /u/RedditNoobie777
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RedditNoobie777, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Windows 10 1903 feature update now lets the users to uninstall a few apps using the
    Context menu. If you’re on the latest build of Windows 10, it will let you uninstall a few UWP applications using the
    Context Menu.

Move Windows UWP apps to other disk? 2ff7c851-136c-4751-a8a2-21c4babe9c57?upload=true.png

Please find the list of apps that can now be uninstalled using the Context menu below:

• 3D Viewer
    • Calculator
    • Calendar
    • Groove Music
    • Mail
    • Movies & TV
    • Paint 3D
    • Snip & Sketch
    • Sticky Notes
    • Voice Recorder

To know how to uninstall the apps that cannot be uninstalled using the context menu, refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Removing Windows 10 Universal Apps via
    PowerShell
    by Anthony Bartolo.

Cortana is an integral part of Windows and she cannot be entirely turned off. However, if you don’t want Cortana functionality available to you on your taskbar, I would suggest you to follow these steps:
    Manage Cortana settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

Yes, UWP is an interpreter, an app running in UWP can't function without the interpreter. Only the UWP core has access to the actual hardware, the app does not.

By not having direct access to the hardware, they perform slower. UWP has to translate everything and make sure it passes safety and security checks.

If UWP has issues, all of the apps running on top of it also will. I've seen that in early release of Windows 10 where all UWP based, Windows-included apps broke (Edge, Calculator, Mail, etc.). Granted, it was only broke in one user account.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Move Windows UWP apps to other disk?

The path from a desktop app to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app

Source: The path from a desktop app to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Move Windows UWP apps to other disk?

1. Move Windows UWP apps to other disk? - Similar Threads - Move UWP apps

2. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!: I also needing to see the final answer for my bugs! The subjects tell you my computer have a problem! But the normal fix is useless. Can you help me find the advanced repair Microsoft Store?I have asked a time but not works. Here: https://bit.ly/3GaOtXDMaybe someone can help...
  3. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!: I also needing to see the final answer for my bugs! The subjects tell you my computer have a problem! But the normal fix is useless. Can you help me find the advanced repair Microsoft Store?I have asked a time but not works. Here: https://bit.ly/3GaOtXDMaybe someone can help...
  4. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!: I wanted to open Microsoft Store and repair other UWP apps, but I tried wsreset.exe, access is denied. Then I tried Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* Remove-AppxPackage then Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  6. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!: I wanted to open Microsoft Store and repair other UWP apps, but I tried wsreset.exe, access is denied. Then I tried Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* Remove-AppxPackage then Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  7. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

8. Windows UWP apps

Windows UWP apps: It is 2020, almost 5 years of Windows 10 and Microsoft redesigning the UWP app icons. But still now it icons are disappeared or Disappearing from taskbar. My Question to Microsoft, when you planed for a proper solution of this? as a windows 10 user and lover I am very...
  9. Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing

Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing: Currently having an issue when I launch either Calculator or the Photos app the only apps I really use on Windows 10 it crashes and force closes immediately. I tried resetting, reinstalling the apps using powershell commands following this guide here but to no avail. Also...
  10. How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk?: Hello everyone!... Last week, I have been trying a lot of stuff to move my files from Appdata. However creating a symbolic link is not enough. I got PC's where i could change the location just by clicking to properties(Going to Location and changing it manually), but they...