Windows 10: Moved default pictures folder - now photos are not being stored in dated files.

Discus and support Moved default pictures folder - now photos are not being stored in dated files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi thereWhen I got this computer, the 'pictures' folder was on the C drive a relatively small SSD. When I imported photos from my phone, they appeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MariaThomson, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Moved default pictures folder - now photos are not being stored in dated files.

Hi thereWhen I got this computer, the 'pictures' folder was on the C drive a relatively small SSD. When I imported photos from my phone, they appeared automatically in Windows Photos grouped by month, and in the pictures folder, they were in subfolders labelled by month.I had to move the default 'pictures' folder to the D drive, which I did using the correct procedure.Everything works except the pictures folder stopped filing photos in monthly dated subfolders. They still appear in Windows Photos by month, but in the pictures folder, the photos since I moved the default folder are just all t

:)

MariaThomson, Jun 17, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations

I changed the location the of my Pictures folder from the default C:\users\myname\Pictures to D:\onedrive\pictures, Worked great until I decided to use new Google Photo on Google Drive. Using File Explorer, I moved all photos from D:\one drive\pictures to E:\Google Drive\Google Photos. Then went to library/Pictures/properties/location/move and selected my new folder E:\Google Drive\Google Photos, hit apply, responded no to 'do you want to move all the files' and got pop up 'Folder cant be moved here - Access Denied.

I've tried restore to original, created other test folders on drive D and E - it wont save to any other location or restore to default location - get the Access denied.

DeputyDog65, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Stevo Win User

Moved default pictures folder - now photos are not being stored in dated files.

Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations

Sorry, I'm not at my Win 10 installation atm, but can you right-click the default Pictures folder and select properties? If you can, try adding a new folder(Include a Folder) from that menu and it will make links to the folder, rather than physically moving the folder(s). I had similar permissions issues trying to move my music folder in Win 7 and this was how I got around it.

Stevo, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Moved default pictures folder - now photos are not being stored in dated files.

1. Moved default pictures folder - now photos are not being stored in dated files. - Similar Threads - Moved default pictures

2. Want to change the default folder Pictures in the Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to change the default folder Pictures in the Photos App: I'd like to change the default folder in the Photos App on Windows 11. I don't want the Pictures folder to show, but instead to show another, subfolder as the default. Is there a way to do this?...
  3. Want to change the default folder Pictures in the Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to change the default folder Pictures in the Photos App: I'd like to change the default folder in the Photos App on Windows 11. I don't want the Pictures folder to show, but instead to show another, subfolder as the default. Is there a way to do this?...
  4. Photo's downloading are not going into dated folder in pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo's downloading are not going into dated folder in pictures: When I download images from my iphone using the photo app. That works fine but when I try to search or upload images to a document via pictures they are individual images. Not in a folder with the date the images were taken. The dated folders use to create automatically when...
  5. Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder: How do move a picture that is in a Folder in Pictures in my File Explorer to a folder in my Photos App. I can't drag it or copy and paste it, so is there some way to do this?...
  6. Where Windows Photos App's Pictures are being Stored?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where Windows Photos App's Pictures are being Stored?: What folder are the photos stored in? [Original Title: Photos app] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-windows-photos-apps-pictures-are-being/b40fb95b-e1a3-4a7c-8c9e-fc2d57fad51a
  7. Disappearing photos after being saved on Picture/Folder

Disappearing photos after being saved on Picture/Folder: Saved photos on the folder freshly edited from Photoshop were missing/gone time to time Before, photos are visible but when the last picture was saved, all pictures were gone. i have tried it all over again, the same scenario, picture is disappearing after being saved in a...
  8. Moving photo folders in File Explorer

Moving photo folders in File Explorer: In File Explorer I’d like to move folders from Photos to Photo gallery and vice verse. How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-photo-folders-in-file-explorer/aabe0ce8-27f0-46a8-9a2b-efdd3c837713"
  9. dates on Picture Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dates on Picture Folder: When I upload photos to "Pictures" sometimes the folder date come up as 2216. This is annoying, how do you fix it?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dates-on-picture-folder/2a90e0e2-a509-49d4-90f1-e1bb45ac0b41
  10. Moved my pictures folder to my G drive and now my photos and pictures don't exist

Moved my pictures folder to my G drive and now my photos and pictures don't exist: I recently moved my pictures folder to my G drive and now I can't find them. I tried doinfg a system restore, but it didn't work. I used to have folders full of memes and other pictures and now I have 10 photos I scanned into my computer earlier this year. Is trhere a...