Windows 10: Moved files but windows said error no space, where are my files?

Discus and support Moved files but windows said error no space, where are my files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says, a friend of mine dragged a folder to another location and it gave an error in the middle saying no space in that particular HDD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Scorthyn, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Moved files but windows said error no space, where are my files?

As the title says, a friend of mine dragged a folder to another location and it gave an error in the middle saying no space in that particular HDD, he's going nuts because the files he moved are not all in the same place anymore.

Question: The files moved before giving error are on the new location and the others remained in the original place? Sorry if confusing and thanks in advance

submitted by /u/Scorthyn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Scorthyn, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Dec 9, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Moved files but windows said error no space, where are my files?

moving movie files

i installed a new hdd, installed windows 7 64 bit, did all updates. after that was done i hooked up the old hdd that was from a motherboard that went bad. i have 1.5TB of video files stored on the old hdd. i see the video files, but how do i move them to my d drive? i right click the file and go to send to but there is no option to send to d drive. i really need to move the files to my d drive. how do i do this? i am all confused. thanks in advance. sam

Samdbugman, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Moved files but windows said error no space, where are my files?

1. Moved files but windows said error no space, where are my files? - Similar Threads - Moved files said

2. Where are my files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my files ?: How can I still have ALL my files in My Documents and OneDrive ? Because today, I just realized that My Documents folder C:\Users\dad\Documents is empty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-files/e4d77bbc-f552-46f9-9499-d925b32e274e
  3. Where Are My Files??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where Are My Files??: I recently subscribed to OneDrive rather than buy a bigger HDD. But now, I am unable to find my files. I use File Manager to navigate and if I go to my document folder in C: drive, I see lots of my familiar folders but they are al empty when I open them to look for a specific...
  4. In program files: Where is the right click "move" file feature for moving files to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In program files: Where is the right click "move" file feature for moving files to...: Under program files, it use to have a "move to folder" when you right clicked a file, where you could pick which folder you wanted to send the file too, but I cant find it, and it is aggravating not being able to move files to and from diffent folders quickly. I either copy...
  5. In program files: Where is the right click "move" file feature for moving files to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In program files: Where is the right click "move" file feature for moving files to...: Under program files, it use to have a "move to folder" when you right clicked a file, where you could pick which folder you wanted to send the file too, but I cant find it, and it is aggravating not being able to move files to and from diffent folders quickly. I either copy...
  6. Where are my files?!?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are my files?!?!?!?!: I unlinked my one drive from my computer and everything is gone!!! All my documents and important files have disappeared! How do I get them back?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-files/4ed34bcf-ed6c-4090-a2b7-04fd62d486ae
  7. Error moving files to my desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error moving files to my desktop: This is similar to another problem i had recenty. Whenver I try to open or move one or more downloaded files to my desktop , a message pops up saying that "Opening these files maybe harmfil to your computer. Your internet security settings has blocked one or more files from...
  8. Can't move, rename, delete file or folder, where is my file shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move, rename, delete file or folder, where is my file shortcut: Hello, I am frustrating out here... I have multiple problems. And I don't know if it is appropriate to put all questions in one thread, but let me do it. This is my first post. Sorry for it. Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959) So the problem occurs like the...
  9. Where are my files

Where are my files: My system did an automatic upgrade and now I cannot find my files, pictures, downloads, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-files/2c1c067c-f3ed-4443-965d-34d4082b9e54
  10. Where are my files?

Where are my files?: Hi, A couple of weeks ago, in preparation of upgrading from windows 7 to window 10, I thought I downloaded/copied my excel, documents and downloads onto a SanDisk. When I plug in the usb and open the device there is a file named E:\takeout-20200118T193651Z-001.zip. I...