Windows 10: Moved files with Windows but date stamp was added

Discus and support Moved files with Windows but date stamp was added in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was cleaning up photo files and consolidated them on one drive but then realized that windows had added a date stamp into the file name. As a result... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LarrySheldon1, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Moved files with Windows but date stamp was added

I was cleaning up photo files and consolidated them on one drive but then realized that windows had added a date stamp into the file name. As a result Lightroom can not find the files. I can point lightroom to each file, or go into file explorer and delete the date stamp, but I have close to 40,000 files. Or I can re import I guess and lose all of my changes..

So I had Image_001.jpeg (also xmp and cr2) that was changed to Image_001 (2016_04_18 16_58_52 UTC).jpeg. In all cases the info in the brackets is what I want to delete. Any way to do it with re importing or one by one?

Thanks

:)

LarrySheldon1, Jan 8, 2019

2. Date Stamp

The date stamp that is embedded in the EXIF data of the photo.

Or you could use a watermark app from the store and ad it there.

techbuzzireland, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Sort by date added to folder

Hi there, thanks for your question.

In File Explorer, all sorting options can be viewed by following these steps:

- Open the folder and right click inside of it, not on a file.

- Go to Sort by > More.

This brings up a list of all possibilities of what to sort by. It doesn't look like there's an options for "date added to folder", but one of the other Date options may help, such as Date Created. You could create a copy of the file and move it in, so that
    the date created matches the date added to the folder?

Please let me know if you need more information! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jan 8, 2019
  4. DeER9 Win User

Moved files with Windows but date stamp was added

Stamping files with "older" dates/ hours

How to fix that Windows 10 is Stamping files (downloads, etc.) with "older" dates/ hours than the date/ Time of the machine?

DeER9, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Moved files with Windows but date stamp was added

1. Moved files with Windows but date stamp was added - Similar Threads - Moved files date

2. How to sort files by date added

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sort files by date added: How do i sort files by the date they were added to the folder, not the date they were created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sort-files-by-date-added/8391ea82-1e52-4b8e-b38b-b41758cf9bc5
  3. How to sort files by date added

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sort files by date added: How do i sort files by the date they were added to the folder, not the date they were created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sort-files-by-date-added/8391ea82-1e52-4b8e-b38b-b41758cf9bc5
  4. How do I stop file date and time stamp from changing when MOVING files in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop file date and time stamp from changing when MOVING files in Windows 10?: I am moving a large number of photos to various different folders.I had downloaded the files from cloud storage into Zip folders. When I extracted the photographs from the Zip folders, the file date/time stamp remained intact.I then moved the files for March 2019 into a...
  5. How do I stop file date and time stamp from changing when MOVING files in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop file date and time stamp from changing when MOVING files in Windows 10?: I am moving a large number of photos to various different folders.I had downloaded the files from cloud storage into Zip folders. When I extracted the photographs from the Zip folders, the file date/time stamp remained intact.I then moved the files for March 2019 into a...
  6. How do I stop file date and time stamp from changing when MOVING files in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Adding date to the name of files and folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding date to the name of files and folders: Hi, I would like to add the "Date Created" or "Date Modified" to any files or folders. Possibly by right-clicking on it and running a script from the context menu. Can that be done with autohotkey, batch file or VBS ? Any help would be appreciated example: "test.txt" to...
  8. How to sort files by 'date added to folder' to undo copy or move manually

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to sort files by 'date added to folder' to undo copy or move manually: Couldn't find straight forward answer to this. Accidentally moved a load of partial downloads into a folder I had been sorting so mixed things up. Cancelled half way through. Wanted to sort which ones were last added to folder to remove/ move back. 'Sort by date created'...
  9. Removing the Date stamp in a .jnt document

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Removing the Date stamp in a .jnt document: When we create a new document in Windows journal, the date is automatically included on the right hand side of the document on every page. I am going to create a document, for use in future and hence would not like the date stamp to appear anywhere in the document. Hence I am...
  10. Date/Time Stamp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date/Time Stamp: How to add the current date and time on any Windows 10 document and program (that allows entering data), i.e., stamping the current date and time into whatever program I am using. Thank you....