Windows 10: Moved Licensed Windows8.1/Windows10 VMWare vm to Virtualbox. Needs activation now?

Discus and support Moved Licensed Windows8.1/Windows10 VMWare vm to Virtualbox. Needs activation now? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have a licensed copy of windows 8.1 that I installed as a vmware virtual machine and performed a free upgrade to windows 10. Been working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ArthurDent6, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Moved Licensed Windows8.1/Windows10 VMWare vm to Virtualbox. Needs activation now?

Hello,
    I have a licensed copy of windows 8.1 that I installed as a vmware virtual machine and performed a free upgrade to windows 10. Been working fine until I had a problem that requires moving to Virtualbox. The VM works fine under Virtualbox now but says I need to activate it again. Any fixes?

:)

ArthurDent6, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Derek12 Win User

Running your Browser in a VM?

• Install VMware Player or Virtualbox, VMware being faster in my experience
    • Create a VM with sufficent RAM HD and all CPU cores
    • Install Ubuntu/Linux Mint/Debian or some lightweight distro with Xcfe or LXDE
    • Install VMware/Virtualbox tools
    • Almost any distro comes with Firefox
    • Install Ublock Origin/Noscript/Ghostery
    • Disable cookies with a whitelist/use private browsing.
    In my experience, running a browser through a VM can slow down scrolling smoothness, video playback and increase ping delay

Derek12, Apr 18, 2021
  3. hboers_ Win User
    Activation and Re-activation of Windows 10 Pro VM (VirtualBox, OSX Host) not working

I've moved a working and activated Windows 10 Pro VM (VirtualBox) from a Windows 10 Host to an OSX Host. The re-activation of the is not Working (Error Code 0xC004C003). I also moved a Windows 7 Pro VM that reactivate without problems. I tried everything
    mentioned in the process to activate. Nothing works or even outputs some useful hint or support contact.

• used another (afaik unused) product key. not working! Same Error Code.
    • created a new VM and installed a fresh Windows 10 pro. The new machine can not be activated!

Thus this seems to be a problem within the crappy M$ activation system.

Any useful hint how to activate this M$ crap would be highly appreciated.

hboers_, Apr 18, 2021
  4. GC1949 Win User

Moved Licensed Windows8.1/Windows10 VMWare vm to Virtualbox. Needs activation now?

VirtualBox VM activation of Preview build 17763.104

I had issues with my Linux Mint 18.3 host using a VirtualBox VM of Windows 10 pro preview build, so I followed the procedure to "export" The Windows 10 VM and also saved the original VM intact in a separate folder on my data drive. After a clean install
    of Linux Mint 19 and installing the latest version of VirtualBox available in the repos I then imported the VM of Windows 10 that I had previously exported. This went smoothly enough, but the Windows 10 (Build 17763.104) now says it is not activated - whereas
    it has previously been activated for years through successive preview builds and even different versions of Linux Mint and VirtualBox versions (I don't recall ever having to activate it). I thought maybe the "export" of the VM was the issue, so copied back
    the ORIGINAL and UNCHANGED Windows 10 VM folder and opened that in VirtualBox. Now even that original Windows 10 Pro Preview build is no longer activated despite NO CHANGES to the VM itself from the previous hour before I reinstalled Linux Mint and VirtualBox.

How do I activate this? I have never had to before and have used this VM for years with every Insider preview update sent out.

GC1949, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Moved Licensed Windows8.1/Windows10 VMWare vm to Virtualbox. Needs activation now?

1. Moved Licensed Windows8.1/Windows10 VMWare vm to Virtualbox. Needs activation now? - Similar Threads - Moved Licensed Windows8

2. Stumped - need to add 2nd HDD to a XP VirtualBox VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Stumped - need to add 2nd HDD to a XP VirtualBox VM: I need to create a XP VM to run some old cash register program. I have a Macrium backup of the XP hdd which is about 30GB. I've tried multipls ways to make this mrimg file available to the VM so I can run macrium to restore to new hardware but I can't get Virtualbox to make...
  3. i need to uninstall VM Oracle Virtualbox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i need to uninstall VM Oracle Virtualbox: hi, a week ago when my windows 10 update arrived it showed that i need to uninstall VM Oracle VirtualBox because the windows version doesn't the app. i can't find it anywere, not in control panel and redegit....
  4. Windows VM stucks on Virtualbox but not on VMWare

Windows VM stucks on Virtualbox but not on VMWare: Hello there, I'm trying to run a windows VM (tried 7 and 10) with 64-bit on virtualbox. But it stucks in the "starting windows" screen (very unsmoothly animations). The vm's specs are: 8GB RAM, 2 CPUs, 128MB VRAM (Max), 32GB VHD (should be enough). All the other settings...
  5. Windows 10 License in VirtualBox - Activation error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 License in VirtualBox - Activation error: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro license installed on VIRTUALBOX, and for this usage only Originaly it was a Windows 7 Pro license upgraded to 10. I wasn't have a microsoft account. All works perfectly since 1 year. The disk file VDI was on a mecanic hard-drive. It was...
  6. Connecting problem with virtualbox and vmware

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting problem with virtualbox and vmware: i have problem with virtualbox and vmware in windows 10, i installed virtualbox with ansible setup so when i enter ifconfig it doesn't show IP address that i can connect with putty or MobXterm i want to connect three different IPs in virtualbox using putty and MobXterm but my...
  7. OEM license and VM activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM license and VM activation: I am about to buy a Dell laptop, which unfortunatelly has Win10 pro pre-installed. I actually need Ubuntu, but at this time only the laptop version with Windows preinstalled is available. I will have to reinstall Ubuntu on top, but, in long term, I will have windows running...
  8. How to move a retail license to another VM.

How to move a retail license to another VM.: If I create a VM and activate it with a retail license and at a later date want to move it to another VM, how would I do that without having an issue with the activation on the new VM? 137234
  9. Copying W10 VM's - choose I MOVED It solves activation issue (VMware)

Copying W10 VM's - choose I MOVED It solves activation issue (VMware): Hi there Just reminding people of a tip I got from this FORUM (can't remember who it was but thanks !!) that if you want to copy a W10 VM to another device / machine and it already has been activated with a digital license then when powering on the VM in VMware...
  10. Vmware or virtualbox?

Vmware or virtualbox?: I have tested out vmware workstation and virtualbox and can't decide which is best, can you help me? 3559