Windows 10: Moved MP4 file from desktop to a folder on desktop. I still have an image on my desktop...

Discus and support Moved MP4 file from desktop to a folder on desktop. I still have an image on my desktop... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I moved some MP4 files from my desktop to a folder on desktop. I still have an image on my desktop that I can't delete. The file also cant be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bb_188, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Bb_188 Win User

Moved MP4 file from desktop to a folder on desktop. I still have an image on my desktop...

Hello

I moved some MP4 files from my desktop to a folder on desktop. I still have an image on my desktop that I can't delete. The file also cant be moved to the Recycle Bin nor can I right click/delete.

How do I get rid of these images?

Thank you

:)

Bb_188, Dec 10, 2020

2. moving folders on desktop

Right click the Desktop

Click View

Make sure Auto Arrange is not checked

Make sure Align to Grid is checked.

You can then easily drag and move files and folders anywhere you want on the desktop.

Tip: Create a folder for rarely used applications. Move application files to a folder and move them to Documents, then send a shortcut to the desktop. This will reduce the impact of large files slowing down your computer.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 10, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Moved MP4 file from desktop to a folder on desktop. I still have an image on my desktop...

Desktop folder moved

Normally you can right-click the folder that "is" the desktop (so the Dropbox folder in this case), go to properties, and use the Location tab to undo the mistake. However, since DropBox itself is already a special folder, I think you'll need to fix this
    in the registry.

Don't worry, it's actually quite easy. Here's how:

• Make sure a Desktop folder exists in your user folder

Go to C:\Users\YourName (your user folder) and make sure a folder named "Desktop" is there (even if it's not actually being used to store the desktop files at the moment). Create a folder named Desktop if it's not there.
    • Open Registry Editor.

Hold down the
      Moved MP4 file from desktop to a folder on desktop.  I still have an image on my desktop... win8.jpg
      Windows Logo key and type
      R to open the Run box, type regedit, then click OK to open Registry Editor. Confirm the administrator prompt if required.
    • Using the folders (keys) on the left side, navigate down to this path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    • On the right side, find Desktop and double-click it. Set it equal to
      %userprofile%\desktop
      and click OK.

Moved MP4 file from desktop to a folder on desktop.  I still have an image on my desktop... a307f98d-b506-4aa2-91ca-baa7c2563f74.png

After you're done, restart your computer and now the folder will be back to acting correctly.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Moved MP4 file from desktop to a folder on desktop. I still have an image on my desktop...

1. Moved MP4 file from desktop to a folder on desktop. I still have an image on my desktop... - Similar Threads - Moved MP4 file

2. All the desktop files have moved into all the files on the desktop Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All the desktop files have moved into all the files on the desktop Office: I am using a MacbookAir Office Version 16.73 I didn't do anything. All the desktop files moved into all the files of the desktop. I tried moving the files back onto the desk top but it won't let me since the files are already there. I tried rebooting the computer and it is...
  3. All the desktop files have moved into all the files on the desktop Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All the desktop files have moved into all the files on the desktop Office: I am using a MacbookAir Office Version 16.73 I didn't do anything. All the desktop files moved into all the files of the desktop. I tried moving the files back onto the desk top but it won't let me since the files are already there. I tried rebooting the computer and it is...
  4. All the desktop files have moved into all the files on the desktop Office

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin: Dear Microsoft,Hope you are well!I am having trouble in my HP system. Long story short, about 6-7 months ago, my system got updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since I have updated to Windows 11, my system started to work a little slow, to obvious reasons that all the apps...
  6. Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin: Dear Microsoft,Hope you are well!I am having trouble in my HP system. Long story short, about 6-7 months ago, my system got updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since I have updated to Windows 11, my system started to work a little slow, to obvious reasons that all the apps...
  7. When I move a picture from my desktop to a folder on the desktop, there is still an "image"...

When I move a picture from my desktop to a folder on the desktop, there is still an "image"...: Hello I just upgraded to Windows 10. I've been able to download screenshots to my desktop then move them to a folder on my desktop, no problem. Now, when I do that, it leaves behind a "ghost" image of sorts, its not the picture, but it has a PNG icon, it looks like, and I...
  8. Moved pictures from desktop to folder on desktop, but I still have an "image" that is now 0...

Moved pictures from desktop to folder on desktop, but I still have an "image" that is now 0...: I just got Windows 10. Any other version of Windows, when I download pictures to my desktop, then create a folder to organize them, I would just drag the photos to the folder and it was done. Now, I create a folder, I drag the photos to the folder, and I still have these...
  9. WIndows desktop: moving files into folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows desktop: moving files into folders: When I want to drag a file Word, Excel, etc. on my desktop to a folder on my desktop, I want to be able to hover the file over the folder and while hovering, the folder opens up and displays subfolders...at that point I can position the file over the subfolder, let go of the...
  10. Desktop files not moving

Desktop files not moving: Hello.This has been a long problem that hasnt concerned me,but now i am very concerned as i need to move some files.I tried all the tutorials on youtube possible.Nothing works.I am afraid that there is a virus.Please help....