Windows 10: Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

Discus and support Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bluestank, Feb 1, 2023.

1. bluestank Win User

Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the quick links, the Documents folder is not physically visible from the E:/ drive. I know it is there, because if I try to make a new "Documents" folder, it asks if I want to merge the two folders.Does anyone know what is going on? I have hidden files visible so that's not it.Thanks!

:)

bluestank, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

We appreciate the details you've provided. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to move your Documents Folder Location in Windows 10:

• You need to create a new folder named Documents at the location you want to move your personal Documents folder.
    • Press Win + E to open File Explorer, right-click
      Documents, and select Properties.
    • Select the Location tab and click the Move button.
    • Browse and select the new Documents folder at the location you want to move the folder Documents. Click the
      Select Folder.
    • Click OK to apply.
    • Click Yes to move all the files from the old location to the new location.
    • Your personal Documents folder and all of its contents will now be moved to the new location.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 1, 2023
  3. Is is possible to move the Documents and Settings to a seperate HDD

Hey all, i have my computer up and running again. I was wondering if there was a way to move the Documents and Settings Folder off of the C: drive and to a separate Hard Drive. I know you can move the My Documents folder over but i don't know if its possible to move the whole documents and settings folder?

Any Help Would be appreciated

pepsi71ocean, Feb 1, 2023
  4. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

Moving my Documents folder

Having an issue with space on my C:\ drive, so in Users\Tom\ right clicking on the Documents folder, clicking on the Location tab and selecting "Move". Filled in the new location N:\Users\Tom\Documents. System replied with a confirmation window confirming
    Old location and New location to which I selected 'OK'. Then was presented with a text box:

Titled: This folder can’t be moved here

Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under

“C:\Users\Tom\Documents\{3b2ecaa1-94c6-4967-8b0b—9bb52a654fe9}_131865928617649895”.

Access is denied.

And my Documents file remains where it is.

Any ideas?

TomLudwig2, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

1. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not... - Similar Threads - Moved documents folder

2. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  3. Onedrive Documents folder moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  4. Files in Document Folder moving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in Document Folder moving: Files in Document Folder move up and down, making it difficult to click on a file. Sometimes scrolling down in Document Folder the cursor will jump to the top. This does not happen in other folders, such as the Download Folder....
  5. Files in Document Folder moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files in Document Folder moving: Files in Document Folder move up and down, making it difficult to click on a file. Sometimes scrolling down in Document Folder the cursor will jump to the top. This does not happen in other folders, such as the Download Folder....
  6. Can't move my Documents folder.

Can't move my Documents folder.: I've been trying to free up some disk space recently and start moving my folders to my D drive. I've already disabled Onedrive so I moved Desktop, Downloads, Music and Videos. When I tried to move Documents and Pictures however, an error message appeared saying: "Can't move...
  7. Moving the documents folder to another drive but now duplicated

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving the documents folder to another drive but now duplicated: My first post - I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post in, apologies if wrong! After cloning and fitting an SSD (960GB) to my pc, I wanted to free some space up so followed the tutorial from here to move the documents folder to an empty drive (it's 400+GB in...
  8. Moving my Documents folder

Moving my Documents folder: Having an issue with space on my C:\ drive, so in Users\Tom\ right clicking on the Documents folder, clicking on the Location tab and selecting "Move". Filled in the new location N:\Users\Tom\Documents. System replied with a confirmation window confirming Old location and New...
  9. Cannot move Documents folder to new location

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move Documents folder to new location: Short version: I'm getting an error message when I attempt to move my Documents folder to a new location (same volume):The folder can't be moved here...The filename or extension is too long (see attachment). Longer version: I want to move my Documents, Videos, and Pictures...
  10. Accidently moved my documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidently moved my documents folder: I was scrolling through my file explorer and I think I accidently dragged my Documents folder to the desktop folder. Now I'm not sure where it is supposed to be. When my usual scheduled backup ran, I received a message that this folder could not be backed up. The file...