Windows 10: moved my M.2 ssd...

Discus and support moved my M.2 ssd... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys! I was reading on reddit, that you should have your ssd as close to your cpu as possible on your motherboard, so there's less delay from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThatDeego, Jul 28, 2020.

1. ThatDeego Win User

moved my M.2 ssd...

Hey guys!

I was reading on reddit, that you should have your ssd as close to your cpu as possible on your motherboard, so there's less delay from the two talking to one another... and after I did, the ssd won't boot windows anymore, and sends me on the infinite loop of auto repair, and "diagnosing the problem", to no avail..

So I swapped it back to the original spot on the motherboard, and its still doing the same thing! And I've tried every combo for boot sequence and nothings booting windows for me.. please help! It was working like a charm before I physically moved it!

:)

ThatDeego, Jul 28, 2020

2. How to check M.2 SSD Health ?

Hi friends,

I have a problem while checking my SSD Health. The application like SSD-Life can't recognize my M.2 SSD. My Notebook is HP Spectre 13.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

moved my M.2 ssd... e868cfa5-70cc-40a6-b769-c76b6e56f322.png

VincentAlim, Jul 28, 2020
  3. mcjclc Win User
    M.2 SSD card

How do I get my Gemini laptop to recognize the M.2 SSD card

mcjclc, Jul 28, 2020
  4. moved my M.2 ssd...

M.2 SSD Partitioning

My OS is installed on an 128GB SATA SSD,

All other applications, when ever possible I used to install on another 60 SATA SSD.

I am very happy with the performance. It is pretty fast, better than if it were on the same disk. I have tested the difference.

Now I have a new ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard with Two M.2 slots.

I am going to buy a 512 GB M.2 SSD.

As I have under stood the SSD consists of 4 Nos of NAND Chis.

Therefore on each NAND chip, I presume will have capacity of 64 GBs.

My question is are they really independent ?

Can they behave as independent Hard disks?

If yes,

Can I partition my new M.2 SSD into an 198GB and 64GB partitions -that means 3 NAND chips and one NAND Chip?

and enjoy the same or better speed than before that I had with the SATA SSD?

Dr Abdul Rasheed

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

moved my M.2 ssd...

1. moved my M.2 ssd... - Similar Threads - moved ssd

2. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  3. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  4. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd: So my key came from upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I didn't realize I had not linked my account and of course didn't stop to check. I move my ssd from my old computer to my new one and it brought up activating it and i found out that i had not linked it to my...
  6. I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd: So my key came from upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I didn't realize I had not linked my account and of course didn't stop to check. I move my ssd from my old computer to my new one and it brought up activating it and i found out that i had not linked it to my...
  7. I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd

8. How do i move a old windows to a external SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i move a old windows to a external SSD: How do i move a old windows to a external SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-a-old-windows-to-a-external-ssd/86f5cb8f-03a2-4ffc-bf9f-9e2e29678a40
  9. How do i move a old windows to a external SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i move a old windows to a external SSD: How do i move a old windows to a external SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-a-old-windows-to-a-external-ssd/86f5cb8f-03a2-4ffc-bf9f-9e2e29678a40
  10. How do i move a old windows to a external SSD