Windows 10: Moved my pictures folder to my G drive and now my photos and pictures don't exist

Discus and support Moved my pictures folder to my G drive and now my photos and pictures don't exist in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently moved my pictures folder to my G drive and now I can't find them. I tried doinfg a system restore, but it didn't work. I used to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KurtisBatchler, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Moved my pictures folder to my G drive and now my photos and pictures don't exist

I recently moved my pictures folder to my G drive and now I can't find them. I tried doinfg a system restore, but it didn't work. I used to have folders full of memes and other pictures and now I have 10 photos I scanned into my computer earlier this year. Is trhere a solution to this, or have I just got to accept that i've lost everything?

:)

KurtisBatchler, Dec 2, 2018
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Moving folders with pictures

I figured this would go here.

So, in Windows XP, is there any way to move folders with pictures, and still preserve the order of the pictures? When you move it rearranges everything into alphabetical order, and that's not really helpful seeing as I don't name my files alphabetically.

AngryMerchant, Dec 2, 2018
  4. wallace99 Win User

Moved my pictures folder to my G drive and now my photos and pictures don't exist

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Moved my pictures folder to my G drive and now my photos and pictures don't exist

1. Moved my pictures folder to my G drive and now my photos and pictures don't exist - Similar Threads - Moved pictures folder

2. Accidentally moved my Pictures to my D: drive from C drive and now pictures are merged with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally moved my Pictures to my D: drive from C drive and now pictures are merged with...: I was trying to move my pictures from my C drive to my D drive but I totally forgot to make a Pictures folder inside of my D drive before hand, so my pictures are merged with my D Drive. I also tried fixing this in Registry Editor and it renamed my Pictures to "D:\", would...
  3. Accidentally moved my Pictures to my D: drive from C drive and now pictures are merged with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally moved my Pictures to my D: drive from C drive and now pictures are merged with...: I was trying to move my pictures from my C drive to my D drive but I totally forgot to make a Pictures folder inside of my D drive before hand, so my pictures are merged with my D Drive. I also tried fixing this in Registry Editor and it renamed my Pictures to "D:\", would...
  4. Move Pictures folder out of my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Pictures folder out of my Downloads folder: Somehow my "Pictures Folder" is now in my "Downloads Folder." When I delete my downloads, I also delete my pictures which I don't want to do!. How do I make these 2 separate folders again.?...
  5. I accidentally merged my Pictures folder with my Data D: drive and now my pictures has the...

I accidentally merged my Pictures folder with my Data D: drive and now my pictures has the...: Hi! So I was planning to move my documents to my data D to free up some space from the C drive. Apparently when I browsed and watch videos on YouTube to follow some tutorials, I decided to move my pictures too using the properties option. I did that after I changed the...
  6. Moved my pictures folder location to my H drive but forgot to creat the PICTURES folder....

Moved my pictures folder location to my H drive but forgot to creat the PICTURES folder....: I Moved my pictures folder location to my H drive but forgot to creat the PICTURES folder. Now my picture location is literaly all of my H drive, photos videos, files all included. I am now stock with my H drive as my pictures folder, is there way to correct it? Thank you....
  7. Moved my whole drive to pictures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moved my whole drive to pictures: All of my files are now in pictures on a D: drive. Can i like move all of the files from this folder into a drive? I'm actually not sure my self what exactly i did wrong or why all of my folders are located in pictures. Can i move it safely, so that programs can still have...
  8. Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder: How do move a picture that is in a Folder in Pictures in my File Explorer to a folder in my Photos App. I can't drag it or copy and paste it, so is there some way to do this?...
  9. My Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Pictures Folder: In my pictures folders, I can see all my pictures, but on the right side about 30% of the screen it gives you details of the that picture. What I need to know is the shortcut to fix this problem and how to get arkof that 30% on the right side . . . Thanks for reading this...
  10. my pictures folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    my pictures folder: my pictures folder displays all my pictures, it also displays about 30% on the right, a section that gives info on each picture. I don't want that. I would rather see all the pictures full screen. I will watch this forum for an answer or send the fix, to my email. Thank...