Windows 10: Moved my "Pictures" folder to user folder, help :c

Discus and support Moved my "Pictures" folder to user folder, help :c in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi guys, I was trying to move my Pictures folder to my new user account and by accident I changed my whole user folder to the Pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/krzychukrol, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Moved my "Pictures" folder to user folder, help :c

/u/krzychukrol, Sep 27, 2020

2. Moving folders with pictures

I figured this would go here.

So, in Windows XP, is there any way to move folders with pictures, and still preserve the order of the pictures? When you move it rearranges everything into alphabetical order, and that's not really helpful seeing as I don't name my files alphabetically.

AngryMerchant, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Nicrite Win User

Moved my "Pictures" folder to user folder, help :c

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Moved my "Pictures" folder to user folder, help :c

1. Moved my "Pictures" folder to user folder, help :c - Similar Threads - Moved Pictures folder

2. Move Pictures folder out of my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Pictures folder out of my Downloads folder: Somehow my "Pictures Folder" is now in my "Downloads Folder." When I delete my downloads, I also delete my pictures which I don't want to do!. How do I make these 2 separate folders again.?...
  3. Move Pictures folder out of my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Pictures folder out of my Downloads folder: Somehow my "Pictures Folder" is now in my "Downloads Folder." When I delete my downloads, I also delete my pictures which I don't want to do!. How do I make these 2 separate folders again.?...
  4. Move Pictures folder out of my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Moving Locations of User Pictures and Desktop folders caused contents of Pictures folder to...

Moving Locations of User Pictures and Desktop folders caused contents of Pictures folder to...: I've lost the contents of the "Pictures" folder, and a folder named "Desktop" but the contents are in the folder named "Pictures" in my wife's account trying to move them from the C to D drive.To free up space on the C drive, I began moving my wife's default folders to the D...
  6. Moving Locations of User Pictures and Desktop folders caused contents of Pictures folder to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Locations of User Pictures and Desktop folders caused contents of Pictures folder to...: I've lost the contents of the "Pictures" folder, and a folder named "Desktop" but the contents are in the folder named "Pictures" in my wife's account trying to move them from the C to D drive.To free up space on the C drive, I began moving my wife's default folders to the D...
  7. Moving Locations of User Pictures and Desktop folders caused contents of Pictures folder to...

8. Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\: Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\.And im not allowed to uncheck 'Pictures' in Choose Folders in Settings in OneDrive, beceause Camera Roll is blocking.Fix?SincerelyNiels...
  9. Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\

Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\: Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\.And im not allowed to uncheck 'Pictures' in Choose Folders in Settings in OneDrive, beceause Camera Roll is blocking.Fix?SincerelyNiels...
  10. Missing user folder after moved it to c:\

Missing user folder after moved it to c:\: Missing user folder after moved it to c:\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-user-folder-after-moved-it-to-c/58d83d57-5a6b-4c13-acf7-46f7e010382b"