Windows 10: Moved my "Pictures" folder to user folder, help :c

Discus and support Moved my "Pictures" folder to user folder, help :c in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi guys, I was trying to move my Pictures folder to my new user account and by accident I changed my whole user folder to the Pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/krzychukrol, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Moved my "Pictures" folder to user folder, help :c

/u/krzychukrol, Sep 27, 2020

2. Moving folders with pictures

I figured this would go here.

So, in Windows XP, is there any way to move folders with pictures, and still preserve the order of the pictures? When you move it rearranges everything into alphabetical order, and that's not really helpful seeing as I don't name my files alphabetically.

AngryMerchant, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Nicrite Win User

Moved my "Pictures" folder to user folder, help :c

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Moved my "Pictures" folder to user folder, help :c

1. Moved my "Pictures" folder to user folder, help :c - Similar Threads - Moved Pictures folder

2. Users folder merged with pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Users folder merged with pictures: Hello, so the other day I was trying to move some folders from my SSD to my HDD, and in the process I somehow merged the users folder with my Pictures folder, I was wondering if there is any way I can get this fixed by myself or will I have to hire someone with experience to...
  3. Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder: How do move a picture that is in a Folder in Pictures in my File Explorer to a folder in my Photos App. I can't drag it or copy and paste it, so is there some way to do this?...
  4. Cant create folder in c:\users\user\pictures or documents

Cant create folder in c:\users\user\pictures or documents: I can't add a folder to the pictures folder or the document folder now. I was trying to import photos from my iphone, and it stopped. It wouldn't get half the photos and wouldn't create anymore folders. So, I went to explorer to manually add a folder, and this is what I get....
  5. Missing user folder after moved it to c:\

Missing user folder after moved it to c:\: Missing user folder after moved it to c:\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-user-folder-after-moved-it-to-c/58d83d57-5a6b-4c13-acf7-46f7e010382b"
  6. Moving User Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving User Folders: I've been playing with the tutorial to move user profiles during install (option 1), and that method only seems to work with a "users" folder. Or am I doing something with in my relocate.xml file? I would like to have my profiles drive; D:\Alowicious D:\Cinderella...
  7. Postgres Folder In C:\Users ???

in Windows 10 Support
    Postgres Folder In C:\Users ???: I recently noticed this folder in my C:\Users folder named postgres. I didn't find mush about it when searching the web. I was wondering what this might be associated with? Here are a few screenshots I took. Showing it's location and the folders therein. [img] [img] The...
  8. Cannot move "Pictures" Folder

Cannot move "Pictures" Folder: Let me first apologize for this long thread. I wanted to be accurate with the issue at hand. I have recently installed a new hard drive, with the intent of moving the "Pictures" folder to it, and using it primarily for this purpose given that my current disk is nearly full...
  9. I've accidentally replaced my User folder with my Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    I've accidentally replaced my User folder with my Pictures folder: I have a laptop with an SSD and a HDD, so I decided I would move the Videos and Pictures folders to my HDD to save some room on the SSD. So, C:\Users\reece\Videos changed to D:\Videos as intended. I tried the same with Pictures and Documents but then changed my mind so tried...
  10. HELP move user folder windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    HELP move user folder windows 10: Sorry fo not providing more info , i have added to the reply below.. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ __ 45991