Windows 10: Moved the onedrive folder, uninstalled the onedrive, and now im stuck with "location...

Discus and support Moved the onedrive folder, uninstalled the onedrive, and now im stuck with "location... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Due to personal reason, i need to delete all of my onedrive folder and files. i moved it instead to a portable hardrive and deleted it. also i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dudeajk1bk4b2j, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Moved the onedrive folder, uninstalled the onedrive, and now im stuck with "location...

Due to personal reason, i need to delete all of my onedrive folder and files.

i moved it instead to a portable hardrive and deleted it. also i uninstalled the onedrive.

but now everytime i open windows explorer, i got this error:

Location is not available

G:\xxxxxxx\xxxxxx\xxxxxxxx\onedrive\desktop is unavailable . If the location is on the PC, make sure that the device or drive is ocnnected or the disc is intered, then try again. if the location is on a netowk, make sure you're connected to the network or Internet, then try again. If the location still cant be found, it might have beed moved or deleted

:)

dudeajk1bk4b2j, Nov 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 3, 2020
  3. TarAn_D Win User
    Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Freezer Win User

Moved the onedrive folder, uninstalled the onedrive, and now im stuck with "location...

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Moved the onedrive folder, uninstalled the onedrive, and now im stuck with "location...

1. Moved the onedrive folder, uninstalled the onedrive, and now im stuck with "location... - Similar Threads - Moved onedrive folder

2. OneDrive - unlink, uninstall, move folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - unlink, uninstall, move folder location: OneDrive is installed as default moved everything around when I upgraded to win11.I WANT IT GONE!I have unlinked OneDrive and prevented it from starting again.Now I would like to restore file locations to standard so all my files is in the same place.Documents, Desktop and...
  3. OneDrive - unlink, uninstall, move folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - unlink, uninstall, move folder location: OneDrive is installed as default moved everything around when I upgraded to win11.I WANT IT GONE!I have unlinked OneDrive and prevented it from starting again.Now I would like to restore file locations to standard so all my files is in the same place.Documents, Desktop and...
  4. Onedrive Problem after moving location

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive Problem after moving location: I was following this guide Change Location of OneDrive Folder in Windows 10 but musty have done something wrong. I successfully moven my OneDrive local folder from C:\Users\\OneDrive - <Company Name> to D:\Users\\OneDrive - <Company Name> however I was also syncing folders...
  5. My pictures folder is now showing location in onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My pictures folder is now showing location in onedrive: How do I please get my pictures folder out of one drive and back to it's normal location on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pictures-folder-is-now-showing-location-in/dd454cb6-4419-4759-a864-1bcdcacf18df
  6. Unable to move location of OneDrive

Unable to move location of OneDrive: Dear Sir - I have previously asked this question but not received any assistance. On starting my computer, OneDrive failed to find the folders on my sceondary hard drive. I have removed everything from the computer and tried to reinstall OneDrive but it will not allow me to...
  7. Moving OneDrive folders

Moving OneDrive folders: How do i move my documents and photos from OneDrive to my computer or google drive? The save icon is grayed out and cannot be used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-onedrive-folders/72ea425b-90ee-4ba8-93e3-a3501de7c1cb"
  8. OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared

OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared: In File Manager I selected two folders in the OneDrive Documents folder and moved them into another folder in Documents. The folders disappeared, but were not in the other Documents folder. I searched on my PC for them and they weren't found. I looked in OneDrive online and...
  9. Onedrive folder locations

Onedrive folder locations: I have three separate folders for my OneDrive files in my File Explorer tree. The first folder is directly below the "Desktop" folder at the very top of the tree. The 2nd OneDrive folder is in my personal folder that has my name on it with the icon of a man for the folder....
  10. Move Library Folders to OneDrive

Move Library Folders to OneDrive: I seem to have a basic misunderstanding of the process to move folders to OneDrive. I've followed all the directions that I've found and can't seem to get the locations moved. When I attempt to select a new location it simply keeps coming back to the "New Location"...