Windows 10: Moved video folder to a different drive problems

Discus and support Moved video folder to a different drive problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Moved the video folder to a different drive Windows 10 20H2 I moved music folder, documents folder, downloads as the tutorial on here and it worked as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by anthp, Mar 4, 2021.

1. anthp Win User

Moved video folder to a different drive problems

Moved the video folder to a different drive Windows 10 20H2

I moved music folder, documents folder, downloads as the tutorial on here and it worked as expected

I then moved the videos folder in the same way that worked but when I reboot I get a folder in the frequent folder list that points to the old location C:\Users\antho and a video folder that points to F:\\New folder that works
    If I click on the C:\Users\antho I get an error message that it points to a location that no longer exists I cannot delete this folder
    If I click on the Videos folder It opens the new location as expected and the other one disappears then reappears if I close and reopen File explorer

:)

anthp, Mar 4, 2021
  2. scopio Win User

Moving Public Folder to another drive

I have been asked to install an HDD in a church pc which only has a 224GB SanDisk SSD which is running out of space.
    The problem I can foresee is that the church uses an application called SongPro which insists to install in the C:\Users\Programs File (x86) and the data files in the
    C:\Users\Public\SongPro5 folder and does not give the option to be installed software
    on another drive.
    I have searched the web if and how the Public folder can be moved to another drive and found that it can be done using the following steps;

1. COPY (don’t MOVE) the C:\USERS\PUBLIC folder to a different disk or partition
    2. Click the START button and type REGEDIT (not case sensitive) and press enter
    3. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT > WINDOWS NT > CURRENT VERSION > PROFILE LIST
    4. Double click on PUBLIC
    5. Correct the path
    6. Reboot the PC
    7. Go to C:\USERS\PUBLIC and delete everything
    Can someone here please confirm if the SongPro software is installed in C:\Users\Programs File (x86) (the SSD) and the path Public\SongPro5 folder moved to another folder will work?

Moved video folder to a different drive problems [​IMG]

scopio, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Moved video folder to a different drive problems

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Moved video folder to a different drive problems

1. Moved video folder to a different drive problems - Similar Threads - Moved video folder

2. Moved Videos To A Random Folder,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moved Videos To A Random Folder,: So today i moved the videos folder to a random folder i made, then i clicked on the videos and guess what.all my videos were gone, well i can magicly view my scrn shots in the photos app well no **** i guess but yeah, even if i put the videos folder back to videos if that...
  3. move msfs2020 to a different drive

move msfs2020 to a different drive: I get this error 0x80073d0b when trying to move msfs2020 to a different drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-msfs2020-to-a-different-drive/e45679e9-5ae0-4b40-9ca6-810e0f47dedb
  4. Moving files/folders to different drive issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving files/folders to different drive issue: I regulary have reason to copy files and folders from one HDD to another, and have a strong preference for them being moved, not copied. Since reinstalling Windows a few weeks ago, however, I am unable to do so. I am presently running 10 Home 10.0.18363. I have attempted to...
  5. Moving user profile folder from C to a different drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving user profile folder from C to a different drive: I'm going to do a fresh install and I don't want the profile folder on my C drive for 2 reasons - its a small SSD, and I want all data to be on a separate drive so my OS drive is separate. I can move my Document/Download etc folders but thats not enough at all, everything...
  6. moving MSFS20 to a different drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moving MSFS20 to a different drive?: I bought MSFS on steam and chose my f: drive (HD) - OS Win10 for the installation everything works fine, but now I would like to move it to my e: drive (SSD) the only info I found was this: "from Windows settings from the start menu, go to apps. Find the app you want to...
  7. moving MSFS20 to a different drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    moving MSFS20 to a different drive?: I bought MSFS on steam and chose my f: drive (HD) - OS Win10 for the installation everything works fine, but now I would like to move it to my e: drive (SSD) the only info I found was this: "from Windows settings from the start menu, go to apps. Find the app you want to...
  8. Move Window Videos folder to a child folder on same drive

Move Window Videos folder to a child folder on same drive: I move my Windows Videos folder to another drive but mistakenly thought Windows would create the Videos folder on that drive. So now all the videos are in the root directory. When I try to do the move process on that root directory to a folder I created on the drive it tells...
  9. Moving images to a different folder

Moving images to a different folder: Please advise how to move several images (Pictures) from an existing folder, in which they have been inadvertently placed, to the correct existing folder. Many thanks RayTJ...
  10. How do I move "pictures" folder to a different drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I move "pictures" folder to a different drive?: My Pictures folder currently resides as a subfolder to my C:\OneDrive. I have a second, larger E:\ data drive and I want to move my Picture folder there. When I try by clicking on Pictures/Properties/Location and choose a folder I get the message shown below. I've tried...