Windows 10: Movie editing

Discus and support Movie editing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Movies and TV app will not let me trim videos. I tried restarting the app, restarting the computer. Nothing worked. This message continues to pop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianSmith840, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Movie editing

Movies and TV app will not let me trim videos. I tried restarting the app, restarting the computer. Nothing worked. This message continues to pop up. Any suggestions to resolve this matter? This message popped up.

Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance and then a code.

:)

BrianSmith840, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Issue with saving edited movie in Windows Movie Maker.

Hi Stan,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with saving edited movie in Windows Movie Maker.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Conflict between other opened programs.

2. Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Try closing all other programs when saving the movie in Windows Movie Maker. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Update and latest device drivers from the manufacturer website. Check if it helps.

Refer the article for additional information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker-file-types-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Issue with saving edited movie in Windows Movie Maker.

Geethu B.

I tried to repair in the uninstall/change page..... But Windows 10 is not listing MOVIE MAKER anywhere on the uninstall/Change page.... so I can't get to your next step of repair..............

Guess I will try the Clean Boot suggested below........which sounds scarry.

Stan

stan ruble, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Movie editing

Editing with Movie maker

Hi Kamath,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will help you with this.

I would suggest you to try to edit one more video to check whether the problem with Movie maker or video itself.

Let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Movie editing

1. Movie editing - Similar Threads - Movie editing

2. Can I stop Windows 10 from upgrading itself - No more Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I stop Windows 10 from upgrading itself - No more Movie Maker: The latest upgrade that Windows 10 did, eliminated Windows Movie Maker and Windows Photo Viewer. I used both programs all the time and really miss them. I know that the new "photo" program has a lot of features but it does not replace both programs very well. I reinstalled a...
  3. Movies & TV stuttering playback 4K HDR 10Bit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Movies & TV stuttering playback 4K HDR 10Bit: Hi everyone,I cant make this app stop stuttering when playing 4k videos. I have increased buffer size in VLC and it plays 4k videos just fine. Any way to fix stuttering issue in M&TV? any way to increase buffer size or i dont know maybe cpu utilization? Win10 1909, 1080ti,...
  4. Can I stop Windows 10 from upgrading it's self - No more Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I stop Windows 10 from upgrading it's self - No more Movie Maker: The latest upgrade that Windows 10 did, eliminated Windows Movie Maker and Windows Photo Viewer. I used both programs all the time and really miss them. I know that the new "photo" program has a lot of features but it does not replace both programs very well. I reinstalled a...
  5. Some mkv files do not have thumbnails (and do not play properly on Movies & TV). What is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some mkv files do not have thumbnails (and do not play properly on Movies & TV). What is...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VincentJoshuaET [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftgida/some_mkv_files_do_not_have_thumbnails_and_do_not/
  6. Movie editing in Windows 10

Movie editing in Windows 10: My version of Windows 10 does not have the video editing app. I've followed step by step instructions until it gets to the menu that is supposed to give me the video option and it's just not there. I went to the app store thinking it might have been an option I needed to...
  7. Edit home movie dvd in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edit home movie dvd in windows 10: Anyone know how to download a home movie dvd in windows 10 and edit the audio music before burning a disc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edit-home-movie-dvd-in-windows-10/02f28549-656e-4043-b913-fd6d30e55795"
  8. There is no sound when trying to edit clips in Movie Maker 10

There is no sound when trying to edit clips in Movie Maker 10: Does anyone know how to resolve? I've tried the obvious restart fixes along with other suggestions in the category but none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-sound-when-trying-to-edit-clips-in/f212c553-9702-48f2-9e1f-0103dfa52810
  9. editing in movie maker 10

editing in movie maker 10: Hello I'm trying to edit/split stills in the video I have made but can only see how to trim the beginning and end of each clip. How do I use the marker feature as it doesn't seem to change the video at all. Thanks...
  10. No Movie Maker, how do I import, edit and burn videos

in Windows 10 Support
    No Movie Maker, how do I import, edit and burn videos: OK. Movie Maker is not there BUT I can't find anything that could take it's place. The goal is to be able to import videos, edit and burn them. There is nothing in 10 that I can find. I am guessing this is why my videos from external HD backup came in WITHOUT the video and...