Windows 10: Movie Expired Before Could Download

Discus and support Movie Expired Before Could Download in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just rented the Incredibles 2 I am trying to download the movie to watch, but the movie expired immediately after purchase. the ''Microsoft store... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BrandonWalton, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Movie Expired Before Could Download

I just rented the Incredibles 2 I am trying to download the movie to watch, but the movie expired immediately after purchase. the ''Microsoft store says I have 13 days and 23 hours until expiration but the "movies & tv" tab says I only have 36 min until expiration. Windows charged my card successfully but I have no movie I need a refund. Please help

:)

BrandonWalton, Nov 7, 2018

2. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Expired rentals in Movies & TV App.

This question of how to remove expired movie rentals from Movies & TV Movies list is one of the most foolish things I have ever come across. It seems that the team that came up with this app was not thinking of the average user. example: If I watch a movie
    and it is really bad, why would I want to keep that in my movie listing? If I watch a 10 minute preview of an up coming movie why would I want that preview in my movie listing after the movie it's self has been released? If I liked the preview I would buy
    the movie or if I disliked the preview, I would not purchase that movie. Either way, why would I want that preview in my movie listing? I simply want to delete that movie or preview! How difficult is this to understand?

Mike ec48., Nov 7, 2018
  4. Movie Expired Before Could Download

Microsoft TV & Movie App shows new movies as expired immediately after download

W/in the Microsoft TV & Movie app I rented two movies and downloaded them to watch on airplane ride. Both movies showed as expired the same day I downloaded them. My machine is a Surface Book 2 running Windows 10

My wife informed me that she had the same problem two weeks ago with her Surface Pro 3 (Windows 8.1). She rented a movie and it showed expired the day after she downloaded it.

Is this issue w/in Microsoft store, or our machines?

CliftonBreay, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Movie Expired Before Could Download

1. Movie Expired Before Could Download - Similar Threads - Movie Expired Before

2. Password expires before password age

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password expires before password age: I'm facing with issue that user password expires randomly before password age. I checked the policy and did not found any changed or wrong setting with password age. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  3. Downloading movies

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Downloading movies: Split from this thread. I know this is totally out of point but i think this needs to be heard. Watching movies is a great alternative to while away time and kill boredom but there comes the question, where do you download movies. It is no new thing that most people do not...
  4. Cant download rented movie

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant download rented movie: I just rented a movie from microsoft store. I tried to download it from movies and tv but it just said pending. Then I tried to restart the download and now it says i already watched the whole movie and cant download it anymore. Is there an any solution for this problem?...
  5. Movie expired after reset of film & tv app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movie expired after reset of film & tv app: Good afternoon, I rented a movie to download to my computer to watch only to find that it was stuck on waiting for wifi in the download menu. I then proceeded to follow some instruction from a previous post on Microsoft support for similar problems people have had. I ended...
  6. Microsoft Store Rental Movie - Download - Expiration Period

Microsoft Store Rental Movie - Download - Expiration Period: I rented a movie from the Microsoft Store. I chose to "not" stream it, but rather download to my Surface Pro 3 at time of rental. It downloaded fine. My question is - Does the 48 hour period to watch the movie start when I downloaded the rental OR when I watch the movie,...
  7. Where's my Movies & TV downloaded movie?

Where's my Movies & TV downloaded movie?: I'm new to the Microsoft Movies & TV app, and I downloaded a movie to see how well it would play. Can someone please tell me where that file is located? I can't find it, and I can't find anything anywhere that tells me exactly where it is. The closest I've found is a...
  8. Where's my Movies & TV downloaded movie?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where's my Movies & TV downloaded movie?: I'm new to the Microsoft Movies & TV app, and I downloaded a movie to see how well it would play. Can someone please tell me where that file is located? I can't find it, and I can't find anything anywhere that tells me exactly where it is. The closest I've found is a...
  9. Movie download-no subtitles...

Movie download-no subtitles...: I was watching a international movie from a legitimate movie website which had english subtitles and it just kept buffering so i downloaded it through payment..but when i played it back using Freesmith player which is my default player...i could not see any english...
  10. Looking to download movies

Looking to download movies: Now I'm not a pirate. I am looking to download movies legitimately that are in AVI format. Anyone know if any website will let you do that? 65034