Windows 10: Movie files

Discus and support Movie files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I open a THM file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-files/3604cfea-0440-4214-b063-b97984500933 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MARIA2UP, Mar 28, 2020.

1. MARIA2UP Win User

Movie files

How can I open a THM file?

:)

MARIA2UP, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows Movie Maker not recognizing .avi files

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

We would suggest you to repair the Windows Live Movie Maker and check.

Follow the below steps to repair Windows Live Movie Maker.

• Type appwiz.cpl in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Right click Windows Essentials 2012 and select repair.
    Hope this information helps.

Arul_D, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Movie files

movie file size

Hi PEGravett,

Movie files sometimes get split up into 2 files if they are ripped from a CD. The maximum capacity of a single CD is around 900MB only. Hence, separating the remaining content of the movie. To have a better grip of this issue, we'd like to know the following:

• What is the format of the movie files of 0.99GB and the 371MB? Is it an
      .mp4
      file both or other else?
    • Did you download this movie file from the Internet?
    • What is the multimedia program you're using to watch this movie?
    • What is this movie file came from? Did you created it?
    • What is the cloud service you're using?
    • Have you already done this before and the file didn't split?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • Does the file got split before or after uploading to cloud storage?
    • Is the 371MB movie file a continuation of 0.99GB file?

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Johann Eva, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Movie files

1. Movie files - Similar Threads - Movie files

2. Win 11 - Error - This file is write protected - Photos and some movies.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - Error - This file is write protected - Photos and some movies.: Hi All - O.S. Win 11- Desktop Tower with O.S. Drive C and also Drive D. In addition I have 1x4TB and 1x12TB Western Digital external Drives connected to the tower. I am the only user of this equipment.I have administrator rights at least I think I do!I have thousands of...
  3. Win 11 - Error - This file is write protected - Photos and some movies.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 - Error - This file is write protected - Photos and some movies.: Hi All - O.S. Win 11- Desktop Tower with O.S. Drive C and also Drive D. In addition I have 1x4TB and 1x12TB Western Digital external Drives connected to the tower. I am the only user of this equipment.I have administrator rights at least I think I do!I have thousands of...
  4. Movie Maker Message " The file was missing to stop video being saved ".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movie Maker Message " The file was missing to stop video being saved ".: It's work when I watch the movie project in the Movie Maker. But it always pop up a message that " some files/image were missing the Movie Maker stop from being saved ". But actually all photos were in the project....
  5. Movie Maker Message " The file was missing to stop video being saved ".

Movie Maker Message " The file was missing to stop video being saved ".: It's work when I watch the movie project in the Movie Maker. But it always pop up a message that " some files/image were missing the Movie Maker stop from being saved ". But actually all photos were in the project....
  6. How do you make a subtitle file on Legacy Movies and TV?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you make a subtitle file on Legacy Movies and TV?: I'm still confused. I've been trying to do this for quite some time now, and I haven't found anything answering my question. Could someone please help me? And, yes, I already know to format it as an .srt file. I just need to know how to format it properly For example:...
  7. How do you make a subtitle file on Legacy Movies and TV?

How do you make a subtitle file on Legacy Movies and TV?: I'm still confused. I've been trying to do this for quite some time now, and I haven't found anything answering my question. Could someone please help me? And, yes, I already know to format it as an .srt file. I just need to know how to format it properly For example:...
  8. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV": I was trying to trim a video I took from Xbox Game Bar. I can access the video and watch it, but I'm unable to trim the video with the default application that is provided Trim in Photos. When I attempt to trim, it has a message in a yellow box that states "Unable to save...
  9. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV": I was trying to trim a video I took from Xbox Game Bar. I can access the video and watch it, but I'm unable to trim the video with the default application that is provided Trim in Photos. When I attempt to trim, it has a message in a yellow box that states "Unable to save...
  10. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"