Windows 10: Movie Maker files won't play on WMP or VLC or Naver Media

Discus and support Movie Maker files won't play on WMP or VLC or Naver Media in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have old videos recorded while on vacations the last 10 years. Most with a Sony CamCorder. Many are video clips of the same place or thing. So I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by therealsimpsons, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Movie Maker files won't play on WMP or VLC or Naver Media

I have old videos recorded while on vacations the last 10 years. Most with a Sony CamCorder. Many are video clips of the same place or thing. So I used Windows Movie Maker to combine like subject matter in to a single movie. The original files are MPEG files, and they save as MP4 files. The originals play fine on WMP, VLC, and Naver Media Player. However, the combined files will not play. I used Freemake to convert the new MP4 files to .mpg and they still won't play. In all instances I only get the audio.

I'd appreciate any suggestions about what I can do to combine these short clips, and still be able to play them on the PC.

Thank you.

:)

therealsimpsons, Mar 15, 2017

2. getting mpg files to play on movie maker

Movie Maker or Media Player? If you are unable to play a video file, its likely an unsupported format. Did you try using the Movies and TV app instead?

You can also use the VLC Player for Windows:

Download official VLC media player for Windows - VideoLAN

Download official VLC media player for Windows - VideoLAN

Andre Da Costa, Mar 15, 2017
  3. trbogt Win User
    Whats so great about Windows 10... I have windows 7 Home Premium and I like it! so sell me it?

I don't know about Movie Makers but I know a great Movie Video player

VLC Media Player

I took some video's with my MP3 Player and Windows could not play them...but VLC program plays the files...it's way better then what Windows offers and it's free.*john

trbogt, Mar 15, 2017
  4. PiKo Win User

Movie Maker files won't play on WMP or VLC or Naver Media

Why not join them directly with Freemake?

5. I didn't know I could do that, or how..? A little direction, please?

therealsimpsons, Mar 15, 2017
  6. PiKo Win User
    At the right side of the buttons Video.....Paste URL, under the logo freemake.com you will see a switch: Join files.
    Joining is coupled with a conversion; only joining does not seem possible.

7. I saw that button, however its not live. I can't toggle it on or off.

therealsimpsons, Mar 16, 2017
  8. PiKo Win User

Check first the videofiles in the main window. Then, toggling should work.

9. PiKo Win User
    PiKo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Movie Maker files won't play on WMP or VLC or Naver Media - Similar Threads - Movie Maker files

2. Movies & TV & Media Player won't play videos now but VLC player does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV & Media Player won't play videos now but VLC player does: Hi, yesterday my Movies & TV app and Media Player app won't play videos that had previously worked ok. Curiously my non-Microsoft app, VLC media player, works fine.In case these would be relevant info, I had just uninstalled AVC Labs's video enhancing AI, a very demanding app...
  3. Movies & TV & Media Player won't play videos now but VLC player does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV & Media Player won't play videos now but VLC player does: Hi, yesterday my Movies & TV app and Media Player app won't play videos that had previously worked ok. Curiously my non-Microsoft app, VLC media player, works fine.In case these would be relevant info, I had just uninstalled AVC Labs's video enhancing AI, a very demanding app...
  4. WMP won't play media files on networked upnp HD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMP won't play media files on networked upnp HD: I connected a WD drive to the network via usb through my PC shared the HD path throughout the network. i can play any video through File Explorer. When i use WMP and see the files on my UPNP HD the files do no seem to have any length and i am unable to play them through...
  5. WMP won't play media files on networked upnp HD

WMP won't play media files on networked upnp HD: I connected a WD drive to the network via usb through my PC shared the HD path throughout the network. i can play any video through File Explorer. When i use WMP and see the files on my UPNP HD the files do no seem to have any length and i am unable to play them through...
  6. how to convert old win movie maker file into something that media player an play

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to convert old win movie maker file into something that media player an play: I have a file I used windows movie maker to make I thought I had converted it but I didn't. Now I'm looking for something that will convert this file into something that windows media player can play. Now that windows movie maker is no longer available. This is a very special...
  7. WMP and VLC no longer play mp3s

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMP and VLC no longer play mp3s: Just tried to play some music with WMP; wouldn't work. Just get a red X next to the track. But it worked fine a few minutes beforehand. Same with VLC. VLC actually plays the track but no sound comes out. Using the AISO3ALL driver for my DAW and all audio I/O goes through my...
  8. WMP won't play music

WMP won't play music: I keep hearing good things about Iceland jimbo ... hopefully get there to visit (but in the Summer!) skal @nithig Thanks - it's a great friendly place like Ireland the same philosophy "No such thing as strangers -- just friends who haven't yet met" !!!!! try the...
  9. m2ts files won't play in VLC but will in Windows media player !!!

m2ts files won't play in VLC but will in Windows media player !!!: Hi there Never thought I'd see the day where a codec doesn't work properly in VLC but works in Windows media player !!!! m2ts files (HD video - usually used in Blu Ray etc) cause VLC to freeze - Windows media player just plays them !!!! -- I'm talking about non...
  10. VLC Media Player or any media player won't play DVD

VLC Media Player or any media player won't play DVD: So I am going to tell you about this, when I was trying to open a DVD on a third-party media player, it doesn't play. I tried VLC, but it doesn't play without an error, while I tried it on 5KPlayer, but it has the same issue as VLC, then, I tried it on MPC-HC, but it said...