Windows 10: Movie Maker

Discus and support Movie Maker in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have made and burnt a DVD of our latest holiday photos, plus music, using Movie Maker Windows 10, for the first time. Although it plays on my desk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Maud 45, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Maud 45 Win User

Movie Maker

I have made and burnt a DVD of our latest holiday photos, plus music, using Movie Maker Windows 10, for the first time. Although it plays on my desk top where I burnt it, it won't play on our television using our HDD/DVD Panasonic player or my portable DVD player. It also won't play on our laptops. I have made several DVD's over the years using DVD Maker and made copies for friends to play on their TV with no problems. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get around this frustrating problem. I have no idea which "Windows Topic"to choose so apologise for clicking on wrong one

:)

Maud 45, Aug 19, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows Movie Maker

Hi,

To get a better grasp of your Windows Movie Maker's issue, kindly provide the following:

• The version of your Windows Movie Maker.
    • Troubleshooting steps already provided.
    In the meantime, if you have purchased or downloaded the said app from our Windows Store, I suggest that you try and run our troubleshooter by clicking this
    link.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows Movie Maker not recognizing .avi files

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

We would suggest you to repair the Windows Live Movie Maker and check.

Follow the below steps to repair Windows Live Movie Maker.

• Type appwiz.cpl in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Right click Windows Essentials 2012 and select repair.
    Hope this information helps.

Arul_D, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Movie Maker

windows movie maker

Hi,

We highly suggest you to repair your Movie maker.

Refer to the below steps to repair Movie Maker.

1. Click the Start menu.

2. Click Control Panel.

3. Click Programs.

4. Click Programs and Features.

5. Search for Windows Essentials on the list and then select it.

6. Click Uninstall/Change.

7. Click Repair all Windows Essentials programs.

Thank you.

Karina Aris, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Movie Maker

1. Movie Maker - Similar Threads - Movie Maker

2. The app that replaced "Movie Maker" that is now in "Photos"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The app that replaced "Movie Maker" that is now in "Photos": I literally stumbled on this app, but it doesn't seem to be able to: 1. Create DVD's That are playable on a std DVD player. 2. Is on "one Drive", which I'm told is not on my computer, but in the "cloud" or somewhere else. 3. The discs that it does create, can only be...
  3. Windows Live Essentials 2011/12 ....Win 7/8/10 ....and Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Essentials 2011/12 ....Win 7/8/10 ....and Movie Maker: I have two older desktops with "Windows7 Home Premium" on them. The version of "Movie Maker" contained within "Windows Live Essentials 2011" on both these towers seems to work the same as the version contained in the "Live Essentials 2012" suite that I am currently using on...
  4. How do i get windows movie maker on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i get windows movie maker on windows 10?: I used to have it on Windows 7, and on Windows 10 when i upgraded on that HDD, then i put Windows 10 on my SSD instead, all the stuff i had before on the regular HDD is still there but i can't find any shortcuts or folders referencing to windows movie maker, what do?...
  5. Movie Maker glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movie Maker glitch: My project looks great when editing and previewing. Everytime I save it in any format there are glitches/green screens throughout the whole project. How can I save it so it doesnt do this?!...
  6. Windows Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Movie Maker: How do I Reinstall Windows Movie Maker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-movie-maker/e1ea02c3-a3b5-4d0d-a0f8-55422e5d9fc2
  7. how to convert old win movie maker file into something that media player an play

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to convert old win movie maker file into something that media player an play: I have a file I used windows movie maker to make I thought I had converted it but I didn't. Now I'm looking for something that will convert this file into something that windows media player can play. Now that windows movie maker is no longer available. This is a very special...
  8. Windows Movie Maker Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Movie Maker Pro: I have Purchase Windows Movie Maker, Plz let me know how to activate it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-movie-maker-pro/23688a5e-753f-4c2f-b4cd-6ec09f254566"
  9. WHY CANT I FIND MOVIE MAKER ANYWHERE ANYMORE??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WHY CANT I FIND MOVIE MAKER ANYWHERE ANYMORE??: I had movie Maker on my laptop about four years ago, and while I know it isn't powerful, it was perfect for what I needed. I'm trying to find it now, and all I can find are bootleg apps with a watermark claiming to be genuine movie Maker programs, which I know isn't true, or...
  10. Movie Maker Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movie Maker Windows 10: Does Windows 10 include Movie Maker? Have read conflicting answers to this question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker-windows-10/62cb5b02-1271-4ab8-82d5-d89bbccba6cb