Windows 10: Movie makers

Discus and support Movie makers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since upgrading to windows 10 my Movie Maker 2.6 no longer works. I tried to change the compatibility mode but it is set for Vista and is unchangeable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by duehew, Jul 8, 2016.

1. duehew Win User

Movie makers

Since upgrading to windows 10 my Movie Maker 2.6 no longer works. I tried to change the compatibility mode but it is set for Vista and is unchangeable. I is there a "Freeware" (Not free to download but have to purchase) program for making movies. I only use this once in a blue moon so I do NOT want to buy. I have tried 4 different so called Free but when using them in order to create the movie I have to buy the program. NOT FREE!!!!!! I have also tried the YouTube video creator and another but the program is too small for my 67 year old eyes to see the text very well. Please help. Any good recommendations??? Thanks.

Duane

:)

duehew, Jul 8, 2016
  2. Bergsten. Win User

what is the alternative to the movie maker in windows 10?

what is the alternative to the
    movie maker in windows 10 ?

Changing the title

Old title – Movie Maker

New title- what is the alternative to the movie maker in windows 10?

Bergsten., Jul 8, 2016
  3. Windows Live Movie Maker

I have used movie maker in windows 8.1 which was working fine but once updated to windows 10

I cannot install movie maker and is saying Movie maker is already installed but it is not....

khaledBen Haftu, Jul 8, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Movie makers

Windows Movie Maker should work in Windows 10. I have it and have used it several times. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-essentials

There are some fairly good free video makers, but you shouldn't need them. Movie maker should work.

If you go to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program, find Windows Essentials, if you click Uninstall/change it will ask if you want to uninstall or repair it. Select repair and see if that helps.

essenbe, Jul 8, 2016
  5. duehew Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I have done both. First uninstalled and reinstalled. Still could not preview the video before finalizing. Did a repair with no luck. Reinstalled essentials and still cannot preview before saving. If I just save it then play it, it seems to be ok but I wish I could preview before finishing. Any other suggestions?? Am I overlooking something?? Thank you.

duehew, Jul 8, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    I'm really not sure why it won't work. Give me a little time and I think I can find some good alternatives, unless I can think of a way to fix movie maker.

Is your problem that you can't see the preview in the small preview window or you can't see the preview in the full screen window?

essenbe, Jul 8, 2016
  7. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, Jul 8, 2016
  8. duehew Win User

Movie makers

Thanks.

duehew, Jul 8, 2016
  9. duehew Win User
    Thank you all for your help. After uninstalling 4 times and downloading the version from the site "derekimo's" suggested and installing, it finally works. Again, Thanks to ALL.

duehew, Jul 8, 2016
  10. essenbe Win User
    Great. I'm glad you have it working again.

essenbe, Jul 8, 2016
  11. duehew Win User
    Thanks for the reply.

duehew, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Movie makers

1. Movie makers - Similar Threads - Movie makers

2. Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?: Hi - I want to do some instructional videos for YouTube. I'm new at making videos and after much research still don't know what to do. I want to create videos and edit them in Windrows Movie Maker. I made some videos on my Iphone, transferred them to my windows computer but...
  3. Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?: Hi - I want to do some instructional videos for YouTube. I'm new at making videos and after much research still don't know what to do. I want to create videos and edit them in Windrows Movie Maker. I made some videos on my Iphone, transferred them to my windows computer but...
  4. Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?: I purchased Movie Maker Video Editor Pro on March 4. The device it is currently loaded on has problems so I am going to be using a different device for this project.Is there a way to download the software again so I can load it to the new device?...
  5. Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?

Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?: I purchased Movie Maker Video Editor Pro on March 4. The device it is currently loaded on has problems so I am going to be using a different device for this project.Is there a way to download the software again so I can load it to the new device?...
  6. does an non cd 3d movie maker work on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does an non cd 3d movie maker work on windows 10?: yeah asking this question because i dont want to destroy my windows 10 operating system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-an-non-cd-3d-movie-maker-work-on-windows-10/8c4d1c12-66a5-4fec-9681-57403151f125
  7. does an non cd 3d movie maker work on windows 10?

does an non cd 3d movie maker work on windows 10?: yeah asking this question because i dont want to destroy my windows 10 operating system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-an-non-cd-3d-movie-maker-work-on-windows-10/8c4d1c12-66a5-4fec-9681-57403151f125
  8. I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it....: I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it. But right now, it's not letting me add a music track to the video clips that I have edited together. At first it was closing down each time I tried it. I finally tricked it with a...
  9. I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it....

I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it....: I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it. But right now, it's not letting me add a music track to the video clips that I have edited together. At first it was closing down each time I tried it. I finally tricked it with a...
  10. Windows 11 - Movie Maker no longer showing MOV images but Media Player Does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Movie Maker no longer showing MOV images but Media Player Does: Hello - I have been using Windows Movie Maker on my Windows 10 now upgraded to 11 laptop for the past few years. I have had the appropriate CODECs loaded and able to use MP4, MOV, etc files with both Media Player and Movie Maker. In mid-Nov, there appears to have been an...