Windows 10: Movie not downloading from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Discus and support Movie not downloading from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I purchased a movie on Microsoft Store and when trying to download in Movies & TV it goes to "Pending" and just sits there no matter how long I wait.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Frances_Sh, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Movie not downloading from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

I purchased a movie on Microsoft Store and when trying to download in Movies & TV it goes to "Pending" and just sits there no matter how long I wait. I have tried from my account using IE, Edge, Chrome, Brave, and Opera and launching Movies & TV with the same result. I have tried from the Movies & TV directly - no change. I have tried the various "fixes" Microsoft and other sites suggest - all a waste of time. This is the only site I have trouble downloading videos from.

I am using Windows 10 Home ver. 1903 installed on 8/21/19, OS build 18362.295 on a Gateway NE56R laptop with a 2.1 GHz x64 CPU with 4 gigs of RAM. And yes, the laptop is in the Devices list in my Microsoft account.

:)

Frances_Sh, Aug 25, 2019

2. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 25, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Movie not downloading from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Movie not downloading from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

1. Movie not downloading from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Movie downloading Microsoft

2. Microsoft store, movie download and streaming quality

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store, movie download and streaming quality: I bought all Lord of the Rings movies in 4k from the microsoft store. The streaming quality looks more like 720p and when I want to download the movies the only options I am given are SD and HD. Why cant I download these movies in 4k which I paid for? I don't really care...
  3. Microsoft store, movie download and streaming quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store, movie download and streaming quality: I bought all Lord of the Rings movies in 4k from the microsoft store. The streaming quality looks more like 720p and when I want to download the movies the only options I am given are SD and HD. Why cant I download these movies in 4k which I paid for? I don't really care...
  4. I downloaded a movie from the microsoft store as a buy, and after downloading it; the play...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded a movie from the microsoft store as a buy, and after downloading it; the play...: See above-I already described what happened. Answer me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-a-movie-from-the-microsoft-store-as-a/ae8bd91f-3b34-468a-96b4-4e84040ac5dc
  5. I downloaded a movie from the microsoft store as a buy, and after downloading it; the play...

I downloaded a movie from the microsoft store as a buy, and after downloading it; the play...: See above-I already described what happened. Answer me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-a-movie-from-the-microsoft-store-as-a/ae8bd91f-3b34-468a-96b4-4e84040ac5dc
  6. Downloading movies bought in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading movies bought in Microsoft Store?: Can I properly download movies as an MP4 or other filetype, I bought in the Microsoft Store onto my hard drive, so I actually own a digital copy of it?...
  7. Downloading movies bought in Microsoft Store?

Downloading movies bought in Microsoft Store?: Can I properly download movies as an MP4 or other filetype, I bought in the Microsoft Store onto my hard drive, so I actually own a digital copy of it?...
  8. Downloading movies bought in Microsoft Store?

9. Rented a movie from Microsoft store

Rented a movie from Microsoft store: Hey!What's up guys, hoping someone could help me with this issue. So, recently, I wanted to watch a movie and I wanted to rent Fast and Furious 6, the extended version. I managed to purchase it from Microsoft store without any issues, however, once I payed for it, I go ahead...
  10. Microsoft Store downloaded movies location

Microsoft Store downloaded movies location: I purchased a movie from the Microsoft Store, and downloaded it onto both of my laptops. It shows up in Movies & TV as a purchased video, but I cannot tell when I play it if I am watching the download or the online version of the movie. this concerns me because on both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. movie not downloading from microsoft store on windows 10

2. movies purchased from microsoft store wont download

3. microsoft store movie not downloading pending

4. microsoft film and tv stuck at downloading,
  5. windows 10 film & tv not downloading,
  6. windows store film does not download