Windows 10: Movie & TV

Discus and support Movie & TV in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Movie & Tv do not read .mov video. It works on VCL, windows media player, itunes, Quicktime, but not Movie & Tv. Do you have a solution ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pmai, Oct 24, 2015.

1. pmai Win User

Movie & TV

Hello,

Movie & Tv do not read .mov video.
    It works on VCL, windows media player, itunes, Quicktime, but not Movie & Tv.
    Do you have a solution ?
    Thank you

:)

2. How to reinstall Windows Movie & TV in Win10?

Thought my Win10 upgrade from Win8.1 had gone without a hitch. However, today had a problem when trying to use Windows Movie & TV. When the Windows Movies & TV app icon is tapped, it just goes away without activating the program. On the Apps & features
    drop down menu, Movies & TV is listed, but the move and uninstall boxes are grayed out.

How do I reinstall Windows Movie & TV in Win10?

wifiwanderer, Oct 24, 2015
  3. How to reinstall Windows Movie & TV in Win10?

Thought my Win10 upgrade from Win8.1 had gone without a hitch. However, today had a problem when trying to use Windows Movie & TV. When the Windows Movies & TV app icon is tapped, it just goes away without activating the program. On the Apps & features
    drop down menu, Movies & TV is listed, but the move and uninstall boxes are grayed out.

How do I reinstall Windows Movie & TV in Win10?

wifiwanderer, Oct 24, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

Movie & TV

There are two things you can consider:

1. Continue to use VLC which is very good at its job;
    2. Install some 3rd poarty codec pack such as Shark007's pack. Start with his standard pack first and move to the advanced one if that doesn't work. If you have 64-bit Windows, also download his 64-bit components.

swarfega, Oct 24, 2015
  5. pmai Win User
    Thank you for the quick response.
    Admit that it's frustrating not to be able to play .mov files in Movie & TV
    I installed Shar007 Advance but Film & TV continues to crash with error codes 0xc00d11cd (0x800700ea)

6. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Oct 24, 2015
  7. pmai Win User
    Ok DisableProtectedAudioDG=0 but it changes nothing I always have errors
    codes 0xc00d11cd (0x800700ea)

8. Edwin New Member

Movie & TV

Check file associations and defaults.

Edwin, Oct 24, 2015
  9. Do the MS apps support add-ons?

This app has only just started supporting mkv files because MS added this as a supported file type

I would be surprised it mov files will work in it unless MS adds support for them

paulsalter, Oct 24, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    Works for me.

Movie & TV [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 24, 2015
  11. pmai Win User
    Don't work on my two machine : Surface pro 3 and ASUS P9x79 PRO under Windows 10 pro 64 bits

12. pmai Win User
    @swarfega

I just downloaded and install new codecs Shark007 version 5.5.2.
    Everything works perfectly.
    Thank you

Thema:

Movie & TV

1. Movie & TV - Similar Threads - Movie

2. the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....: what's the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv. Both are connected via wifi cable through a switch....
  3. the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....: what's the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv. Both are connected via wifi cable through a switch....
  4. the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio: Sir, my hp desktop PC is having -- windows10, Firefox, connect cable Broadband with 100mbps speed, Ethernet, periodically updated. I am very much fond of watching English/Foreign language movies having English CC/Subtitles, online streaming, generally on paid channels e.g....
  6. During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio: Sir, my hp desktop PC is having -- windows10, Firefox, connect cable Broadband with 100mbps speed, Ethernet, periodically updated. I am very much fond of watching English/Foreign language movies having English CC/Subtitles, online streaming, generally on paid channels e.g....
  7. During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio

8. How do I purchase a movie from the Microsoft Store that I already rented?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I purchase a movie from the Microsoft Store that I already rented?: I rented a movie from the Microsoft Store, because it said I could watch it on the Movies Anywhere app on my smart TV. But then I found out afterward after 2 hours of trying to get it to work that you can't watch rentals on the Movies Anywhere app, only purchased movies. So...
  9. How do I purchase a movie from the Microsoft Store that I already rented?

How do I purchase a movie from the Microsoft Store that I already rented?: I rented a movie from the Microsoft Store, because it said I could watch it on the Movies Anywhere app on my smart TV. But then I found out afterward after 2 hours of trying to get it to work that you can't watch rentals on the Movies Anywhere app, only purchased movies. So...
  10. Downloaded your movie n games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded your movie n games: after I bought it from Microsoft store onto my alienware pc windows 11 and it's not letting me watch the movies threw HDMI cord or download them to keep for later on my pc and they come out as corrupt also some of my games are not working I asked for yalls help when I had...