Windows 10: Movie & TV

Discus and support Movie & TV in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Movie & Tv do not read .mov video. It works on VCL, windows media player, itunes, Quicktime, but not Movie & Tv. Do you have a solution ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pmai, Oct 24, 2015.

1. pmai Win User

Movie & TV

Hello,

Movie & Tv do not read .mov video.
    It works on VCL, windows media player, itunes, Quicktime, but not Movie & Tv.
    Do you have a solution ?
    Thank you

:)

2. How to reinstall Windows Movie & TV in Win10?

Thought my Win10 upgrade from Win8.1 had gone without a hitch. However, today had a problem when trying to use Windows Movie & TV. When the Windows Movies & TV app icon is tapped, it just goes away without activating the program. On the Apps & features
    drop down menu, Movies & TV is listed, but the move and uninstall boxes are grayed out.

How do I reinstall Windows Movie & TV in Win10?

wifiwanderer, Oct 24, 2015
  3. How to reinstall Windows Movie & TV in Win10?

Thought my Win10 upgrade from Win8.1 had gone without a hitch. However, today had a problem when trying to use Windows Movie & TV. When the Windows Movies & TV app icon is tapped, it just goes away without activating the program. On the Apps & features
    drop down menu, Movies & TV is listed, but the move and uninstall boxes are grayed out.

How do I reinstall Windows Movie & TV in Win10?

wifiwanderer, Oct 24, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

Movie & TV

There are two things you can consider:

1. Continue to use VLC which is very good at its job;
    2. Install some 3rd poarty codec pack such as Shark007's pack. Start with his standard pack first and move to the advanced one if that doesn't work. If you have 64-bit Windows, also download his 64-bit components.

swarfega, Oct 24, 2015
  5. pmai Win User
    Thank you for the quick response.
    Admit that it's frustrating not to be able to play .mov files in Movie & TV
    I installed Shar007 Advance but Film & TV continues to crash with error codes 0xc00d11cd (0x800700ea)

6. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Oct 24, 2015
  7. pmai Win User
    Ok DisableProtectedAudioDG=0 but it changes nothing I always have errors
    codes 0xc00d11cd (0x800700ea)

8. Edwin New Member

Movie & TV

Check file associations and defaults.

Edwin, Oct 24, 2015
  9. Do the MS apps support add-ons?

This app has only just started supporting mkv files because MS added this as a supported file type

I would be surprised it mov files will work in it unless MS adds support for them

paulsalter, Oct 24, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    Works for me.

Movie & TV [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 24, 2015
  11. pmai Win User
    Don't work on my two machine : Surface pro 3 and ASUS P9x79 PRO under Windows 10 pro 64 bits

12. pmai Win User
    @swarfega

I just downloaded and install new codecs Shark007 version 5.5.2.
    Everything works perfectly.
    Thank you

Thema:

Movie & TV

1. Movie & TV - Similar Threads - Movie

2. Whenever I watch a movie on my HP Pavilion x360 laptop, the colors change from bright to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I watch a movie on my HP Pavilion x360 laptop, the colors change from bright to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/orca1716 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jl6g0b/whenever_i_watch_a_movie_on_my_hp_pavilion_x360/
  3. Granting my other laptop access to files like movie library PC asking me to enter username...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Granting my other laptop access to files like movie library PC asking me to enter username...: how come everytime I try to gives access to my another laptop files or video files the PC is asking me to enter a username and password? I'm confuse about this is this my microsoft username and password as I'm login using my microsoft id and password. But its not accepting...
  4. Is there a way to forward/backward in Movies&Tv app by using keyboard shortcuts such as <-...

Is there a way to forward/backward in Movies&Tv app by using keyboard shortcuts such as <-...: Every other media player has this option to seek forward and backward using arrow keys . Why does this app alone not have it ?. Also is there a option to change the seek time from 30sec to 10 sec ? submitted by /u/lordzattosh [link] [comments]...
  5. Movie Maker Pro Trim and Split

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movie Maker Pro Trim and Split: Yesterday I bought the MS Movie Maker Pro. I've watched some tutorials on YouTube and have discovered that my version differs in this respect: On the main screen where the time line and playback display are shown, there are six functions, the final one being More Tools. In...
  6. Movies & TV app full screen mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV app full screen mode: My school provided video tutorials. To open them I use the Movies & TV app. My problem is whenever I click on a video the app opens in fullscreen mode. Ido not want it to open in fullscreen mode. How can I change the default settings?...
  7. Saving movies to external hard drive from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Saving movies to external hard drive from Microsoft Store: Am I able to save movies purchased from the Microsoft Store to an external hard drive? If so....how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-movies-to-external-hard-drive-from/ccd3bb81-0955-4788-8833-a360cdd67977
  8. Slow download speed while downloading games/movies...

Slow download speed while downloading games/movies...: Hello. So my problem is that I have a decent download and upload speed both over 250mbps. HOWEVER when I start downloading a game with its size of 40gb or up to 124gb for CoD Warzone, my download speed peaks at 50mbps then levels after a few minutes at 5mbps. Again, the speed...
  9. Lost movies trying to move them, System Restore has been running for hours.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost movies trying to move them, System Restore has been running for hours.: I wanted to make space on the C: drive of my new laptop Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 15.6 using a new 1tb micro SD card as permanent storage. The laptop has a built in card reader specifically for this. I have a lot of movies over 160gb and tried moving the Video folder onto the...
  10. Windows Movie Maker - unable to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Movie Maker - unable to install: Hi All, I know there are lots of various questions about MM out there. But this is different, I think. First - I'm aware it's not supported - that there is still a lot of demand for it - that there are corrupt versions out there. However - I have a clean, original...