Windows 10: Movies and TV app AKA Microsoft Video app not working for Filipino girlfriend Missing media...

Discus and support Movies and TV app AKA Microsoft Video app not working for Filipino girlfriend Missing media... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My girlfriend recently set up her account in the Phillippines. I need a refresher course. How can my girlfriend create and use an account in the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by conger99, Sep 2, 2020.

1. conger99 Win User

Movies and TV app AKA Microsoft Video app not working for Filipino girlfriend Missing media...

My girlfriend recently set up her account in the Phillippines. I need a refresher course. How can my girlfriend create and use an account in the microsoft video app? Also known as the movies and TV app. Her layout looks way different. It says there is no media server there which I can not tell how or if that has to do with it, but I have a gut feeling. The only category in the app appearing for her is personal. While the categories appearing for me are plenty which gives me access to all my purchased films, the store and more. We are currently in different countries. Are these problems she faces because in her current country she has no media server, but mine there is one? If so are there ways to workaround this and enjoy entertainment through the app. Thanks in advance for providing any information. It remains a mystery why she is struggling to access the store etcetera when attempting to use the app on her new laptop out of country. There also remains a few questions... Why is the media server missing in the first place and how do I restore it?

:)

conger99, Sep 2, 2020

2. Microsoft movies and TV app question

Is the Microsoft movies and TV app only for windows 8 or 10? I found out windows 7 works better on my netbook but I miss the Microsoft movies and TV app.
    Or is there another way to watch videos purchased from Microsoft and also another way to watch videos I got downloaded such as MP4 movies?

Miss Bad Wolf, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Movies and TV app AKA Microsoft Video app not working for Filipino girlfriend Missing media...

Movies & TV app

Until today I have been able to play videos from a memory card with the Movies & TV app. Now when I attempt to play one I am asked how I want to open it and Movies & TV is not listed in options. I tried Windows Media player but had no luck. What has changed
    and how do I get back to the app (Movies & TV) that was working prior to today?

Larry McNeill, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Movies and TV app AKA Microsoft Video app not working for Filipino girlfriend Missing media...

1. Movies and TV app AKA Microsoft Video app not working for Filipino girlfriend Missing media... - Similar Threads - Movies app AKA

2. Movies & TV app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV app not working: Earlier i tried to open a video and it said this : and after i switched my default video player to another one, and it works. but how do i bring back Movies & TV, i tried to trouble shoot and it says "hanging and crashing issues" how do i fix this, please help.i tried...
  3. Movies & TV app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV app not working: Earlier i tried to open a video and it said this : and after i switched my default video player to another one, and it works. but how do i bring back Movies & TV, i tried to trouble shoot and it says "hanging and crashing issues" how do i fix this, please help....
  4. Microsoft Movies & TV App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Movies & TV App: Up until recently, I have been using the Movies & TV app as my default video player without any problems or complaints. But sometime over the past couple of months, something happened that has essentially made the app unusable. I can't recall if there was any software update...
  5. Microsoft Movies & TV App

Microsoft Movies & TV App: Up until recently, I have been using the Movies & TV app as my default video player without any problems or complaints. But sometime over the past couple of months, something happened that has essentially made the app unusable. I can't recall if there was any software update...
  6. Movies & TV app

Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  7. Microsoft Movie and TV app

Microsoft Movie and TV app: When I try to open my Microsoft Movies @ TV app the Microsoft Store opens up in its place. I set the default but still the Microsoft Store app open automatically. Never happen before. Also, when I insert a DVD in drive Microsoft Store app pops up. How do I fix this. Thanks...
  8. Movies and TV apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies and TV apps: hello, recently i face something new problem in my pc. when i'm opening movies app for playing video, it's not working properly. i mean its not start properly just that its buffering. what's the solution of this app? if anyone knows, please let me know windows edition :...
  9. Movies & TV app not working.

Movies & TV app not working.: I recently tried to watch a video on my computer and I got this message [ATTACH] I tried to open the app on its own, and all that seemed to happen is that the outline of the app's window showed up for a split second before disappearing. I also tried to follow the steps in...
  10. speed videos in Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    speed videos in Movies & TV app: How can I speed videos in Movies & TV app? I mean I want to watch a one-hour video in just 30 or 40 minutes just like in YouTube. Thank you in advance. Greetings...