Windows 10: 'Movies and TV' app displays footage really bright (only on primary monitor)

Discus and support 'Movies and TV' app displays footage really bright (only on primary monitor) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Jesyx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kbzx73/movies_and_tv_app_displays_footage_really_bright/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jesyx, Dec 12, 2020.

1. /u/Jesyx Win User

'Movies and TV' app displays footage really bright (only on primary monitor)

/u/Jesyx, Dec 12, 2020

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 12, 2020
  4. 'Movies and TV' app displays footage really bright (only on primary monitor)

Movies and TV app with Second Monitor

I just got a new Dell U2414H monitor and have it connected via my SP4 on .447 via DisplayPort to miniDisplay port cable.

I've noticed that the movies and tv app does not play well with dual screens.

Here is what happens to me:

if I have the setting set to extend on display and I open the movies and tv app on my dell monitor, it shows normal and I can use the screen on my surface pro 4 to do other things. However, the problem begins when I change the setting to display on ONE SCREEN
    (either the monitor or surface screen, it does not matter). When I change the setting and close the movies and tv app, if I try to open it again, it opens successfully but the app seems to think the second screen is still connected. The video is playing as
    I can hear the audio, and I can see the icon in the task bar, but when clicking on the icon in the task bar, you can see the animation as if it is going to the second display which IS connected but is off.

This is really irritating. The only way to "rectify" this is to windows key + tab and snap left/snap right on the movies and tv app.

AndréLegendre, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

'Movies and TV' app displays footage really bright (only on primary monitor)

1. 'Movies and TV' app displays footage really bright (only on primary monitor) - Similar Threads - 'Movies TV' app

2. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  3. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  4. Multiple Monitor / TV as primary

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Monitor / TV as primary: So I use a tv as my primary monitor, but coming out of hibernate (with other monitors off) my windows often migrate to one of my powered-off displays. Any suggestions for constraining this kind of behavior from the OS? submitted by /u/GrayscaleUnicorn [link] [comments]...
  5. Movies and TV apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies and TV apps: hello, recently i face something new problem in my pc. when i'm opening movies app for playing video, it's not working properly. i mean its not start properly just that its buffering. what's the solution of this app? if anyone knows, please let me know windows edition :...
  6. movie & tv app

movie & tv app: I keep trying to download the movies I buy off google play and the app but I cant downloD IT TO MY PC WHATS THE DEAL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-tv-app/c7ddd054-1985-4abd-bad8-618927d95c36
  7. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV app: Where do I find next on your Movies and tv player it's frustration that I can't play all my videos at once and skip when I want https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app/57ca99c5-1290-40cb-8017-7a154d17a8cd
  8. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display: Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen. No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In. The monitor goes black because the TV is the primary display When VGA is connected to Syba VGA...
  9. TV primary display

TV primary display: Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen. No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In. The monitor goes black because the TV is the primary display When VGA is connected to Syba VGA...
  10. Movies & Tv App only Displaying Black Screen

Movies & Tv App only Displaying Black Screen: System Details in Specs are (Antivirus running though may not be correct, currently running Avast 17.5.2303) perhaps should stuck with Defender after last clean install No matter what videos I try to play in the app there black, no audio or picture or sometimes frozen...