Windows 10: movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4

Discus and support movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I created a movie with windows live movie maker. It plays bothe video and audio fine in movie maker.I saved it as wmv file on my computer and it play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SankarMukhopadhyay, Sep 17, 2021.

1. movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4

I created a movie with windows live movie maker. It plays bothe video and audio fine in movie maker.I saved it as wmv file on my computer and it play fine on movies and photo app.Now, I convert the wmv file using VLC media player to mp4. It plays fine on VLC media player.However, when I open the mp4 file on movies and photos app. there is no sound but video plays fine.I have old mp4 file made the same, they play fine.I unstalled and reinstalled movies and photos app but still no sound.What could be the issue? Thanks.

:)

SankarMukhopadhyay, Sep 17, 2021
  2. Jeddie Win User

Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Thanks to Ivan & Jimbo45 for some suggestions to use another media player.

Anybody else care to offer a suggestion on why Movies and TV app is not working for MP4?
    Should I try to uninstall and then re install?

Jeddie, Sep 17, 2021
  3. DougRice1 Win User
    Movies & Tv app stopped playing my mp4 movies

When I try an play any Mp4 movie in the Movies & Tv app it attempts to play, gives the movie details like running time but will not play and closes the app. It was working fine. Restarted the computer several times.

DougRice1, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Jeddie Win User

movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4

Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Hello all,
    Running Ver 1607;
    As a result of a seperate issue, I recently changed to 'Movies & TV' app as my default in lieu of Windows Media Player.

When I play MP4 movies on my PC, the video is jerky and the audio is out of synch? Basically they are not watchable. AVI files play ok.

If I play any MP4 from my media player (windows share), it plays normally.

If I play any MP4 using WMP it plays normally.

I have run Defender and Malwarebytes (free) just to be sure and they both come up clear of any nasties.

Have I somehow got a corrupt MP4 codec in 'Movies & TV'? Is this possible?

How would I rectify this? Prefer to stay with 'Movies & TV'.

Jeddie, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4

1. movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4 - Similar Threads - movies app won't

2. Movies & TV can't play .mp4 and other local files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV can't play .mp4 and other local files?: I just went to look at an .mp4 file, but it didn't open in Movies & TV, which I were using all the time before. So I tried to reinstall/install and repair even through Powershell and Revo Uninstaller which should be capable of removing all leftover files and registry entries...
  3. Movies & TV can't play .mp4 and other local files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV can't play .mp4 and other local files?: I just went to look at an .mp4 file, but it didn't open in Movies & TV, which I were using all the time before. So I tried to reinstall/install and repair even through Powershell and Revo Uninstaller which should be capable of removing all leftover files and registry entries...
  4. Movies and TV Stopped Letting Me Play Mp4 Videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Movies and TV Stopped Letting Me Play Mp4 Videos: I have no clue why this started to happen. Before I was able to access any file I wanted but now I can not access mp4 videos. I read that it has to do with my codec but I didn't touch it. If someone could give a thorough explanation on how I can fix this issue that would be...
  5. Only sound, no picture when playing some of the mp4 files in Movies and TV App And Windows...

Only sound, no picture when playing some of the mp4 files in Movies and TV App And Windows...: There are a few mp4 files not all of them some how that I captured with my HTC smart phone only have sound but no pictures when running with Windows "Movies & TV" app, same for Windows Media Player. Those files plays no problem with QuickTime, VLC player and even my WinAmp....
  6. Videos won't play-Movies & TV app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Videos won't play-Movies & TV app Windows 10: Windows 10-Videos Movies & TV is set as my default app in settings. When I double click on a video, the video image loads OK, but when I hit the play button, nothing happens. However, when the same clip isopened with Windows Media Player, it plays fine. Question: If...
  7. Movies & TV App Is Broken, Won't Play Sound

Movies & TV App Is Broken, Won't Play Sound: The "Movies & TV" app has a bug where it won't play sound, regardless of which movie or TV show is played. All other Windows apps play sound just fine. I attempted to uninstall and re-install the app, and now it's on an infinite loop of re-installing. So really, why...
  8. movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?: movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app-cant-play-sound-in-mkv-files/021849a8-e4e1-4a71-91d2-d47b43b98998
  9. Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem: Hello all, Running Ver 1607; As a result of a seperate issue, I recently changed to 'Movies & TV' app as my default in lieu of Windows Media Player. When I play MP4 movies on my PC, the video is jerky and the audio is out of synch? Basically they are not watchable. AVI...
  10. Movies & TV app won't play - Error 0x8007007e

Movies & TV app won't play - Error 0x8007007e: Hi There, I really hope a solution will be found.. Win 10 64Bit - Fresh/clean install on Intel NUC6i7kyk. Samsung 950 PRO m.2 SSD. using last drivers + Bios from intel. i'm unable to play anything with the Movies & TV app. all of my files are local Mkv files....