Windows 10: movies and tv app

Discus and support movies and tv app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded some home movies, when it plays through windows media player it plays fine. through movies and tv app it has no sound. I cant put them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dale1974, Oct 30, 2018.

1. dale1974 Win User

movies and tv app

I downloaded some home movies, when it plays through windows media player it plays fine. through movies and tv app it has no sound. I cant put them onto a dvd or share them at all and still have sound. I tried troubleshooting and deleted and re-installing the app. still have the same problem

:)

dale1974, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Guest3 Win User

movies and tv app

Movies & TV app stream to XBox One

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the cast button functionality is not working in Movies and TV App.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to run the App Troubleshooter for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

However, if the above recommendation does not help, I would suggest you to consider reinstalling the
    Movies & TV App again.

Steps to uninstall Movies & TV
    App

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Install Movies & TV
    App from Microsoft Store

Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue. if it still persists, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you further.

Thank You.

Guest3, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

movies and tv app

1. movies and tv app - Similar Threads - movies app

2. Movies and TV app says I'm not online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV app says I'm not online: I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad. This Thursday Feb. 8 I tried to watch a movie on the Movies and TV app and received the following message "There is a network problem. Make sure your device's clock and time zone are set correctly, then try again." with the error code...
  3. Movies and TV app says I'm not online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies and TV app says I'm not online: I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad. This Thursday Feb. 8 I tried to watch a movie on the Movies and TV app and received the following message "There is a network problem. Make sure your device's clock and time zone are set correctly, then try again." with the error code...
  4. Movies & TV app no longer showing up as either default video player, or on the apps list...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV app no longer showing up as either default video player, or on the apps list...: I have tried repair. Then deleted and reinstalled the Movies and TV app. Then tried going into system settings and selecting DEFAULT APPS and trying to change it there. No matter what I do, Moves & TV app no longer shows up as an option. It was truly the best Windows 11 app...
  5. Movies & TV app no longer showing up as either default video player, or on the apps list...

Movies & TV app no longer showing up as either default video player, or on the apps list...: I have tried repair. Then deleted and reinstalled the Movies and TV app. Then tried going into system settings and selecting DEFAULT APPS and trying to change it there. No matter what I do, Moves & TV app no longer shows up as an option. It was truly the best Windows 11 app...
  6. Can you still trim videos in Microsoft Movies & TV app version 10.22091.10051.0? Thank you!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you still trim videos in Microsoft Movies & TV app version 10.22091.10051.0? Thank you!: Can you still trim videos in Microsoft Movies & TV app version 10.22091.10051.0?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-still-trim-videos-in-microsoft-movies-tv/3a0ef091-420a-4dd4-9e95-752d01ab6c2a
  7. Can you still trim videos in Microsoft Movies & TV app version 10.22091.10051.0? Thank you!

Can you still trim videos in Microsoft Movies & TV app version 10.22091.10051.0? Thank you!: Can you still trim videos in Microsoft Movies & TV app version 10.22091.10051.0?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-still-trim-videos-in-microsoft-movies-tv/3a0ef091-420a-4dd4-9e95-752d01ab6c2a
  8. Movies and tv app install issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies and tv app install issue: I keep getting an install error for this app. Something unexpected happened - Code 0x80070005All Windows updates are installed I have run sfc and no errors were found....
  9. Movies and tv app install issue

Movies and tv app install issue: I keep getting an install error for this app. Something unexpected happened - Code 0x80070005All Windows updates are installed I have run sfc and no errors were found....
  10. Movies and tv app install issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store