Windows 10: Movies and TV Crashes when Fullscreen

Discus and support Movies and TV Crashes when Fullscreen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The windows movies and tv video player works correctly when windowed and will crash the second i click on 'fullscreen' button submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Minimum-Virtual, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Movies and TV Crashes when Fullscreen

The windows movies and tv video player works correctly when windowed and will crash the second i click on 'fullscreen' button

submitted by /u/Minimum-Virtual
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Minimum-Virtual, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Movies & TV app crashes.

Hi,

The reason why Movies & TV apps may crash can be due to outdated application or corruptions. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Does this only happen when you try to open a movie and photo files?
    • Have tried updating your software for Movies & TV app?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you diagnose and provide remedy for Windows apps issues.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 23, 2020
  3. joldk Win User
    Movies & TV app crashes.

It happens when I try to open Movies & TV app and also when I doubleclick on a movie file. When I doubleclick on a movie file it shows an error message "The app didn't start".

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app (as I did with the Photos app which then worked), but this does not work with the Movies & TV app

joldk, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Movies and TV Crashes when Fullscreen

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Movies and TV Crashes when Fullscreen

1. Movies and TV Crashes when Fullscreen - Similar Threads - Movies Crashes Fullscreen

2. When will microsoft fix the movies and tv app crashing issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will microsoft fix the movies and tv app crashing issue?: The last time I contacted microsoft support, I was told that it is a known issue that if you download a bunch of files through their app that the app crashes. This has been an issue for 2+ years. I was wondering if I can expect microsoft to actually fix it, or if I should...
  3. When will microsoft fix the movies and tv app crashing issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will microsoft fix the movies and tv app crashing issue?: The last time I contacted microsoft support, I was told that it is a known issue that if you download a bunch of files through their app that the app crashes. This has been an issue for 2+ years. I was wondering if I can expect microsoft to actually fix it, or if I should...
  4. App Movies and TV Film & TV; black bars flicker sporadically on playback in fullscreen

App Movies and TV Film & TV; black bars flicker sporadically on playback in fullscreen: while playing movies from my library via the app, the black bars top/bottom tend to flicker on occasion - happens mostly in scenes with a large portion of the screen is filled with a solid colour.Configuration:Windows 10 current release 21H; 64bitAMD B550 Chipset current BIOS...
  5. Movies And TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies And TV: Hello There, Since I Have Reinstalled My Movies And TV App Whenever I Play A Video It Says "Cant Play Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.Error 0x800700ea I Watched The Same Video On Other Players Like...
  6. Movies & TV

Movies & TV: I have windows 10. Why are all the movies I rent EXPIRED on the same day as I rent them??? It all began on Dec. 07, 2019. The registry fix is impossibe> How do I get what I have PAID for??????...
  7. Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV: How do I stop Movies & TV application from starting alone when I put it into Pause? I stopped auto play in the Microsoft Store settings and it stills plays around 10 seconds after I put it in Pause. Thanks...
  8. Black screen when I go fullscreen while using Movies and Tv app.

Black screen when I go fullscreen while using Movies and Tv app.: I use an AMD Quad core A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics adapter, when I go full screen the system becomes unresponsive and goes black screen afterwards, I'll then be forced to shut the system down by holding down the power key. the black screen only happens when I go...
  9. Movies & TV app crashes automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies & TV app crashes automatically: I was watching the video on Movies & TV app, after sometime I paused the video to check something on Internet, Application got crashed automatically after 10 seconds....
  10. Movie & TV

Movie & TV: Hello, Movie & Tv do not read .mov video. It works on VCL, windows media player, itunes, Quicktime, but not Movie & Tv. Do you have a solution ? Thank you 27617