Windows 10: Movies and TV media limitations disclosure

Discus and support Movies and TV media limitations disclosure in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why isn't it disclosed prior to the purchase that it is limited to the Microsoft App/devices? The price is the same as it would be for the physical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BarryTemplin, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Movies and TV media limitations disclosure

Why isn't it disclosed prior to the purchase that it is limited to the Microsoft App/devices? The price is the same as it would be for the physical media at WalMart, Target, Costco, etc. Granted, the storage of the movies isn't cheap but the practice of using a single movie and selling it multiple times sound more like piracy than someone asking for ways to save their purchased movies.I have stopped buying the movies with DRM and asking for the physical media. Who knows what will happen once the studios start their own streaming services and cease to honor any future contracts.

:)

BarryTemplin, Feb 28, 2024

2. Window Media Player and Movies & TV arent working with internet conection

Hi Carlos,

I realize that WMP and M& TV app is not working on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

As Windows Media Player is not able to access the file, suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if that helps. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.

Select “Windows Media Player Settings” troubleshooter and run it to check if that helps.

Further, you may also take ownership of the file to check if that helps.

Follow these steps:

• Right click the file and select Properties.

• Click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click Change. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

• Type the name of the person that you want to give ownership to, and then click Check Names.

Note: The account name for the person that you are assigning ownership to is displayed.

• Click OK.

• If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the “Replace owner on sub-containers and objects” check box.

• Click OK.

For the Movies & TV app issue, suggest you to post the query in the Movies & TV forum:
    Redirecting

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

Movies & TV - Official app in the Microsoft Store

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Movies and TV media limitations disclosure

Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

Movies & TV - Official app in the Microsoft Store

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

Movies and TV media limitations disclosure

1. Movies and TV media limitations disclosure - Similar Threads - Movies media limitations

2. Movies and TV media limitations disclosure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV media limitations disclosure: Why isn't it disclosed prior to the purchase that it is limited to the Microsoft App/devices? The price is the same as it would be for the physical media at WalMart, Target, Costco, etc. Granted, the storage of the movies isn't cheap but the practice of using a single movie...
  3. Movies & TV + Media Player Error 0xc00d36b4

Movies & TV + Media Player Error 0xc00d36b4: Hello,Despite working fine just last night, I'm now unable to play any videos I have on my PC. It tells me it cannot play because the format isn't supported and gives me the error code 0xc00d36b4. Movies & TV has always been buggy for me, so I tried Media Player only to get...
  4. Setting Movies and TV as a default media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Movies and TV as a default media player: Hello!I would like to use Movies and TV as a default media player especially for .mp4 and .mov files but there seems no option including Movies and TV. Whats the solution?...
  5. Setting Movies and TV as a default media player

Setting Movies and TV as a default media player: Hello!I would like to use Movies and TV as a default media player especially for .mp4 and .mov files but there seems no option including Movies and TV. Whats the solution?...
  6. Movies And TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies And TV: Hello There, Since I Have Reinstalled My Movies And TV App Whenever I Play A Video It Says "Cant Play Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.Error 0x800700ea I Watched The Same Video On Other Players Like...
  7. Movies & TV

Movies & TV: I have windows 10. Why are all the movies I rent EXPIRED on the same day as I rent them??? It all began on Dec. 07, 2019. The registry fix is impossibe> How do I get what I have PAID for??????...
  8. movies and tv app directory limit?

movies and tv app directory limit?: i am running a nas with dlna host on my local network, has anyone else ran into an issue with the movies and tv app not able to view more than 200 directories on a dlna server? it is exactly 200 objects that it stops at, i dont have an issue on any other dlna device, so it...
  9. Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV: How do I stop Movies & TV application from starting alone when I put it into Pause? I stopped auto play in the Microsoft Store settings and it stills plays around 10 seconds after I put it in Pause. Thanks...
  10. Movie & TV

Movie & TV: Hello, Movie & Tv do not read .mov video. It works on VCL, windows media player, itunes, Quicktime, but not Movie & Tv. Do you have a solution ? Thank you 27617