Windows 10: Movies and TV

Discus and support Movies and TV in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was reading an article and saw that Windows 10 has built-in Movie and TV APP. I have looked around but I don't see any such thing.. Presently I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Nov 29, 2018.

1. huffman Win User

Movies and TV

I was reading an article and saw that Windows 10 has built-in Movie and TV APP. I have looked around but I don't see any such thing..

Presently I have HDMI cord from my PC to my TV and can watch movies from my PC to my TV using either VLC or K-lite. The issue as I see it is that my monitor is square and my TV is rectangle. That makes the movie show up square on my TV. Yes I know I can stretch (change the aspect ratio) on either of the movie players and over come this to a minor degree. Also on the TV I can see the player control (not crazy about this).

This may help understanding better. On my old Windows 7 PC I use Plex and is a great program and ONE day I put it on the Windows 10. Until or if Windows 7 dies, I will continue to use Plex.

My question is this: Will this built-in APP help over come the aspect ration issue. If so where do I find it on my PC?.

It would also help is there is tutorial around to get me through this setup.

:)

huffman, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Movies and TV

Movies & TV app stream to XBox One

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the cast button functionality is not working in Movies and TV App.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to run the App Troubleshooter for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

However, if the above recommendation does not help, I would suggest you to consider reinstalling the
    Movies & TV App again.

Steps to uninstall Movies & TV
    App

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Install Movies & TV
    App from Microsoft Store

Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue. if it still persists, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Movies and TV

1. Movies and TV - Similar Threads - Movies

2. Windows Live Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Movie Maker: I wanna download "Windows Live Movie Maker" for Windows 10. Can any friend guide me the reliable source to download free software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-movie-maker/6cbd2b98-c0e5-43e0-9a44-33baefd53766
  3. Windows Media Player and Movie Maker crash on AVI files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player and Movie Maker crash on AVI files: Hi guys, I have an issue with Windows Media Player (again). I am using Windows 10 64 bit with all updates installed and I am using the 64 bit version of Media Player. I have a number of AVI files, which I have recorded. According to ffmpeg, the AVI container contains the...
  4. Movie Maker 6.0

Movie Maker 6.0: This is now the second time that MS did an update and removed my MM 6.0. I use this a lot because the new movie maker editor is horrible, written and meant for 10 year olds. First why does that happen and second since its a MS product, where can I get it AGAIN...
  5. Movies & TV app doesn't remember size

Movies & TV app doesn't remember size: I cannot get Windows 10's Movies & TV app to remember the window size. (Side note: I'm using a 4K monitor, therefore, the Movies & TV app window size loads at about a fraction of my screen.) It starts out small, and I try dragging the corners out (even while holding CTRL...
  6. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Movie Maker: I have had Movie Maker downloaded to Windows 10 since 10 first came out. Have not been able to transfer movie to a CD with current CD/DVD player in Windows 10 which I guess was Intended. I have seen a CD/DVD Player made by Memorex which is USB compatible. It lets you...
  7. Movies & TV app not working.

Movies & TV app not working.: I recently tried to watch a video on my computer and I got this message [ATTACH] I tried to open the app on its own, and all that seemed to happen is that the outline of the app's window showed up for a split second before disappearing. I also tried to follow the steps in...
  8. Stuttering problem with Movies & TV app

Stuttering problem with Movies & TV app: My Dell computer came with the Movies & TV app as the default video player. In the 2 years I've had the PC I've had no problems with it and I really like it as a player. But starting about 2 months ago or so certain videos played with the app have a very bad stuttering...
  9. Windows Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Movie Maker: I may be a bit behind the class on this subject (Researched once I realized that the program was no longer on my PC), but why was Windows Movie maker removed? The program was a very simple video compiler/editor, but it definitely did the trick in a pinch. The new option...
  10. When playing a movie both audio and written text of the audio come on. How do I get rid of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When playing a movie both audio and written text of the audio come on. How do I get rid of...: When watching a movie I accidentally touched something that brought up audio text along with the audio. How do I get back audio without the text?...