Windows 10: Movies and TV

Discus and support Movies and TV in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was reading an article and saw that Windows 10 has built-in Movie and TV APP. I have looked around but I don't see any such thing.. Presently I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Nov 29, 2018.

1. huffman Win User

Movies and TV

I was reading an article and saw that Windows 10 has built-in Movie and TV APP. I have looked around but I don't see any such thing..

Presently I have HDMI cord from my PC to my TV and can watch movies from my PC to my TV using either VLC or K-lite. The issue as I see it is that my monitor is square and my TV is rectangle. That makes the movie show up square on my TV. Yes I know I can stretch (change the aspect ratio) on either of the movie players and over come this to a minor degree. Also on the TV I can see the player control (not crazy about this).

This may help understanding better. On my old Windows 7 PC I use Plex and is a great program and ONE day I put it on the Windows 10. Until or if Windows 7 dies, I will continue to use Plex.

My question is this: Will this built-in APP help over come the aspect ration issue. If so where do I find it on my PC?.

It would also help is there is tutorial around to get me through this setup.

:)

huffman, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Movies and TV

Movies & TV app stream to XBox One

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the cast button functionality is not working in Movies and TV App.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to run the App Troubleshooter for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

However, if the above recommendation does not help, I would suggest you to consider reinstalling the
    Movies & TV App again.

Steps to uninstall Movies & TV
    App

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Install Movies & TV
    App from Microsoft Store

Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue. if it still persists, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Movies and TV

1. Movies and TV - Similar Threads - Movies

2. Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?: Hi - I want to do some instructional videos for YouTube. I'm new at making videos and after much research still don't know what to do. I want to create videos and edit them in Windrows Movie Maker. I made some videos on my Iphone, transferred them to my windows computer but...
  3. Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?: Hi - I want to do some instructional videos for YouTube. I'm new at making videos and after much research still don't know what to do. I want to create videos and edit them in Windrows Movie Maker. I made some videos on my Iphone, transferred them to my windows computer but...
  4. Hello Microsoft. When I purchased PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie on Christmas, it was the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Microsoft. When I purchased PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie on Christmas, it was the...: Please summarise the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-when-i-purchased-paw-patrol-the/b131a7ce-c843-483c-acee-11deb5538c05
  5. Hello Microsoft. When I purchased PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie on Christmas, it was the...

Hello Microsoft. When I purchased PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie on Christmas, it was the...: Please summarise the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-when-i-purchased-paw-patrol-the/b131a7ce-c843-483c-acee-11deb5538c05
  6. Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?: I purchased Movie Maker Video Editor Pro on March 4. The device it is currently loaded on has problems so I am going to be using a different device for this project.Is there a way to download the software again so I can load it to the new device?...
  7. Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?

Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?: I purchased Movie Maker Video Editor Pro on March 4. The device it is currently loaded on has problems so I am going to be using a different device for this project.Is there a way to download the software again so I can load it to the new device?...
  8. Movies and TV media limitations disclosure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies and TV media limitations disclosure: Why isn't it disclosed prior to the purchase that it is limited to the Microsoft App/devices? The price is the same as it would be for the physical media at WalMart, Target, Costco, etc. Granted, the storage of the movies isn't cheap but the practice of using a single movie...
  9. Movies and TV media limitations disclosure

Movies and TV media limitations disclosure: Why isn't it disclosed prior to the purchase that it is limited to the Microsoft App/devices? The price is the same as it would be for the physical media at WalMart, Target, Costco, etc. Granted, the storage of the movies isn't cheap but the practice of using a single movie...
  10. Win 11 - Error - This file is write protected - Photos and some movies.

Win 11 - Error - This file is write protected - Photos and some movies.: Hi All - O.S. Win 11- Desktop Tower with O.S. Drive C and also Drive D. In addition I have 1x4TB and 1x12TB Western Digital external Drives connected to the tower. I am the only user of this equipment.I have administrator rights at least I think I do!I have thousands of...