Windows 10: movies stuck while playing, take forever to restart and shut down after updating windows 20h2

Discus and support movies stuck while playing, take forever to restart and shut down after updating windows 20h2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; before i was using windows 10 2019 version it was running smoothly and perfectly. Then i came with update of win10 20H2 and i upgraded it . first i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shariquekhan1, Jan 17, 2021.

1. movies stuck while playing, take forever to restart and shut down after updating windows 20h2

before i was using windows 10 2019 version it was running smoothly and perfectly. Then i came with update of win10 20H2 and i upgraded it . first i experienced time were changed usually every next boot after next few update this issue vanished. and i came up with new issue . that now my pc start taking forever to shutdown and restart when i turn my pc on after a long time. and during when i open my pc after a long , when i move my mouse rapidly on my screen its moving with stuck . And when i play game at tis time it is also laggy and even i paly any movie in VLC or default player it stuck. after restarting my pc take forever and shutting down too. so i need to shut down it force fully. and at 2nd boot just after i turned my pc all the issue vanish like its running fine. can you please help me locating my issue. my config. is

cpu-Amd ryzen7 3700x

gpu- GTX 1660 6gb

ram- 16gb 3200mz

nvme WD blueprimary500mb
    sata 1tbsecondary.

to solve my issue i tried erasing all my data from both my storage device and installing windows 10 again which was not of worth

:)

shariquekhan1, Jan 17, 2021
  2. AchalSood Win User

Windows 10 20H2 update breaks windows update.

After updating to windows 10 20H2, windows update is stuck at checking for updates. Every time I try to shutdown or restart it always says update and shutdown and update and restart which takes forever to shutdown and restart the computer. I have restarted
    the PC a few times now and windows update is still stuck at checking for updates. How do I resolve this issue?

AchalSood, Jan 17, 2021
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused movies stuck while playing, take forever to restart and shut down after updating windows 20h2 :confused:*Mad movies stuck while playing, take forever to restart and shut down after updating windows 20h2 :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jan 17, 2021
  4. movies stuck while playing, take forever to restart and shut down after updating windows 20h2

How to play a movie?

Hi,

To better isolate your concern, we would like to verify few things:

• Which Windows movie platform are you currently using?
    • Do you get any error message upon playing the movie?
    • Have you made any recent changes or update in your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

movies stuck while playing, take forever to restart and shut down after updating windows 20h2

1. movies stuck while playing, take forever to restart and shut down after updating windows 20h2 - Similar Threads - movies stuck while

2. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  3. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  4. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows stuck on shut down or restart

Windows stuck on shut down or restart: Hello! When I am trying to restart or shut down my laptop and I'm getting stuck on the "restarting" or "Shutting down" screens with the dots, even if I press restart anyway or shut down anyway. Booting up is not affected at all. I tried several solutions from the Internet...
  6. Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down

Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down: Hello all, We have just purchased a brand new Mpg z490 gaming carbon wifi motherboard and installed Windows 10. We have 2 ssd hard drives and 3 normal hard drives attached. Drivers and bios is upto date. When we select restart or shut down the pc takes forever to restart...
  7. Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down: Hello all, We have just purchased a brand new Mpg z490 gaming carbon wifi motherboard and installed Windows 10. We have 2 ssd hard drives and 3 normal hard drives attached. Drivers and bios is upto date. When we select restart or shut down the pc takes forever to restart...
  8. Windows 10 Taking A While To Shut Down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Taking A While To Shut Down: So last night I tried to shut down my PC. It usually enters the shutdown screen within a second, but today I replicated it and it took 3 minutes. What should I do? submitted by /u/AddyPug [link] [comments]...
  9. Computer takes forever to fully shut down.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer takes forever to fully shut down.: My computer has been taking around ~5-10+ minutes to fully shut down. It starts to shut down normally when I press shut down in the start menu,shutting down screen, screen turns off and everything... but, everything is still on (lights, fans, hdd). I've had this problem for...
  10. Computer takes forever to shut down.

Computer takes forever to shut down.: My computer is a Lenovo Y400 8GB RAM Windows 10 Home Intel Core i7 Nvidia Geforce GT It has been exactly 2 weeks since I upgraded to Windows 10 but one thing I noticed about my computer ever since the update is that it has a very long shut down time. Just yesterday, I...