Windows 10: Movies & TV and WMP not showing on TV as server?

Discus and support Movies & TV and WMP not showing on TV as server? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all. I've done a fresh install of Win10 (Ver. 1909) on one machine and an upgrade on another from Win7 Ultimate (Win10 Ver. 1903). The former... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daniell, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Daniell Win User

Movies & TV and WMP not showing on TV as server?

Hi all.
    I've done a fresh install of Win10 (Ver. 1909) on one machine and an upgrade on another from Win7 Ultimate (Win10 Ver. 1903).
    The former doesn't show the PC on my LG C8 OLED when I use it's video player app as a listed server. I can cast to it with individual files from the PC though but I have to obviously have the PC and monitor running in sight and not just use the TV's app.
    The latter upgrade install does show that PC but when I go through selecting to Folders and try to access one of them my TV reports Disconnected Device. But if I go back to All Videos it allows me to access the entire list, scroll though and play the files. Therefore it's inconvenient to have to go through all of them - as there's lots!
    I've checked with both Win10 PCs to have media streaming on, automatically allow devices to play my media and file permissions in advanced settings checked/on but no joy? I've been running around the web etc. trying to check. Oh and both are wire LAN so no wifi issues.
    Any advice welcomed.
    Thanks.

:)

Daniell, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

Get Movies & TV - Microsoft Store

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 19, 2019
  4. jbb_user Win User

Movies and TV app

My configuration:

a windows10 pc running movies and tv app

The app was able to cast to my smart TV up until today

Smart TV is a Sharp 55" with Roku

I start a movie

the movie starts in the Movies and TV app window on my PC

I select to cast the movie to my TV (above)

The app shows my TV and says it is trying to connect

The little blue dots start to move from left to right

(this does not stop and nothing appears on my TV)

alternately and formerly

(the window on my pc displays "unknown error occurred")

Previously when I tried to cast my TV would display a message saying it was being cast to and asked for permission to accept.

When I accepted I was able to watch the movie on my TV.

This is not happening now.

I've reset the application and run several of the troubleshooting suggestions on the web.

help?

jbb_user, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Movies & TV and WMP not showing on TV as server? - Similar Threads - Movies WMP showing

2. Movies And TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies And TV: Hello There, Since I Have Reinstalled My Movies And TV App Whenever I Play A Video It Says "Cant Play Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.Error 0x800700ea I Watched The Same Video On Other Players Like...
  3. movies &tv

movies &tv: i have several hd movies and they will not play on the movies & tv app. how can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv/d4ce8e22-97fb-4c8d-a0bd-53073274f388
  4. Movies and TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV: Hello, I have rented a few movies in the Microsoft Store on my PC, but I want to watch them on my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, is there any way I can watch the movies I bought on my phone? Is there a certain app I can download? I can't find the Movies and TV app...
  5. TV video library shows on WMP PC but PC server/WMP not on TV?

in Windows 10 Support
    TV video library shows on WMP PC but PC server/WMP not on TV?: HI there, I can get the TV contents of attached USB's/HDD over to my PC on WMP but not the reverse which is what I want. The TV doesn't show my PC server at all (W10 ver. 1909) It is, however, listed on WMP and Movies & TV app. Any ideas welcomed. 146813
  6. Movies & TV

Movies & TV: I have windows 10. Why are all the movies I rent EXPIRED on the same day as I rent them??? It all began on Dec. 07, 2019. The registry fix is impossibe> How do I get what I have PAID for??????...
  7. Movies & TV

Movies & TV: How do I stop Movies & TV application from starting alone when I put it into Pause? I stopped auto play in the Microsoft Store settings and it stills plays around 10 seconds after I put it in Pause. Thanks...
  8. Movies and TV

Movies and TV: I was reading an article and saw that Windows 10 has built-in Movie and TV APP. I have looked around but I don't see any such thing.. Presently I have HDMI cord from my PC to my TV and can watch movies from my PC to my TV using either VLC or K-lite. The issue as I see it is...
  9. Movies and TV shows question

Movies and TV shows question: Hi I bought some movies and TV shows from the App Store. and the only player that they will play on is movies TV shows player. I have tried quite a few other players they will not play just a blank screen no error message. Just blank screen. Can anyone tell me what I'm...
  10. Movie & TV

Movie & TV: Hello, Movie & Tv do not read .mov video. It works on VCL, windows media player, itunes, Quicktime, but not Movie & Tv. Do you have a solution ? Thank you 27617