Windows 10: movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

Discus and support movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kuloskap, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Kuloskap Win User

movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

:)

Kuloskap, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Ajo191 Win User

Movies & TV - MKV no sound

Hey, according to Windows 10 - Movies & TV App and MKV Files , The reason your MKVs aren't playing is because MKV is a container that can hold a couple different types of audio. Apparently, it supports AC3 and AAC audio
    fine, but not DTS. I recommend VLC media player. It works well on almost any file.

Ajo191, Dec 5, 2018
  3. dp001 Win User
    Movies & TV - MKV no sound

Hi All,

I recently upgrade my VOYO minipc (based on Intel Z3735F hardware) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

Everything was fine, absolutely no issues with upgrade.

just one question. I tried to play MKV videos from Movies & TV metro app.

Video is fine but no sound.

Digging into sound settings I can see that there is no sound on the output interface.

The VOYO has an HDMI output only and it is connected directly to a LED TV.

Same video plays well with any other player.

Sound is working fine on the system, I had this issues just with the Movies & TV apps.

On another PC the same application is working fine (different hardware)

Thanks,

David

dp001, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Briangw Win User

Briangw, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files? - Similar Threads - movies app can't

2. Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset: The app shows a black screen in my HTC Vive headset when trying to play movies. Plays fine on my monitor. In headset only sound, subtitles and the pop up showing what the film is when loading, but no film. Can watch Netflix fine, Youtube fine. Unsure if this has always been a...
  3. TV & Movies only: No sound

TV & Movies only: No sound: Hello, This is specific to the Movies and TV app only. My drivers are all updated, all my apps are working fine, including my media servers, my media players (VLC, Media Player, etc.), my video games, my sound card beeping when I'm adjusting the volume, etc. I recently...
  4. Movies and TV app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies and TV app: Good evening CF. I discovered recently my MOVIES AND TV APP on my windows 10 note book doesn't no longer playback when a video CD is inserted into the CD ROM. What l am using now is either WINDOWS MEDIAN OR CYBERLINK POWER DVD app that l installed. Is it that Microsoft has...
  5. movies and tv app

movies and tv app: I downloaded some home movies, when it plays through windows media player it plays fine. through movies and tv app it has no sound. I cant put them onto a dvd or share them at all and still have sound. I tried troubleshooting and deleted and re-installing the app. still have...
  6. Play dvd in windows 10 movies and tv app

Play dvd in windows 10 movies and tv app: I don't know how to play dvd in windows 10 movies and tv app and I've been trying for over half an hour now, can anyone help this idiot child? - X (the idiot child)...
  7. Movies and TV app

Movies and TV app: A video I created on another program got moved to Movies and TV and I can't get it back to my desktop to edit it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/movies-and-tv-app/fc1e5870-c8b9-4908-be76-d0789d732ebd
  8. Movies Tv app download.

Movies Tv app download.: I purchased a lot of movies using the app. I would like to download it so I can watch it wherever I am. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/movies-tv-app-download/a3e8bdd3-48a5-4422-ab78-d87bdfe72d9d
  9. Movies & TV App Hangs

Movies & TV App Hangs: Hi folks, ever since upgrade the movies and tv app hangs when playing video. Always happens regardless of any video and happens 3/4 times each time I use it. I can't find anything out there to help, does any one have any ideas? Thanks 25870
  10. Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem: Hello all, Running Ver 1607; As a result of a seperate issue, I recently changed to 'Movies & TV' app as my default in lieu of Windows Media Player. When I play MP4 movies on my PC, the video is jerky and the audio is out of synch? Basically they are not watchable. AVI...