Windows 10: movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

Discus and support movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kuloskap, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Kuloskap Win User

movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

:)

Kuloskap, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Ajo191 Win User

Movies & TV - MKV no sound

Hey, according to Windows 10 - Movies & TV App and MKV Files , The reason your MKVs aren't playing is because MKV is a container that can hold a couple different types of audio. Apparently, it supports AC3 and AAC audio
    fine, but not DTS. I recommend VLC media player. It works well on almost any file.

Ajo191, Dec 5, 2018
  3. dp001 Win User
    Movies & TV - MKV no sound

Hi All,

I recently upgrade my VOYO minipc (based on Intel Z3735F hardware) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

Everything was fine, absolutely no issues with upgrade.

just one question. I tried to play MKV videos from Movies & TV metro app.

Video is fine but no sound.

Digging into sound settings I can see that there is no sound on the output interface.

The VOYO has an HDMI output only and it is connected directly to a LED TV.

Same video plays well with any other player.

Sound is working fine on the system, I had this issues just with the Movies & TV apps.

On another PC the same application is working fine (different hardware)

Thanks,

David

dp001, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Briangw Win User

Briangw, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files? - Similar Threads - movies app can't

2. Movies & TV can't play .mp4 and other local files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV can't play .mp4 and other local files?: I just went to look at an .mp4 file, but it didn't open in Movies & TV, which I were using all the time before. So I tried to reinstall/install and repair even through Powershell and Revo Uninstaller which should be capable of removing all leftover files and registry entries...
  3. movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4: I created a movie with windows live movie maker. It plays bothe video and audio fine in movie maker.I saved it as wmv file on my computer and it play fine on movies and photo app.Now, I convert the wmv file using VLC media player to mp4. It plays fine on VLC media...
  4. Movies and TV and the MKV nightmare

Movies and TV and the MKV nightmare: Since the release of windows 10 in 2015, there was an app called "Movies and TV" that can play different video extensions except MKV. Now for 5 years Microsoft didn't fix this issue and I really don't know why, I was sure that any company will be happy to attract as much...
  5. error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good

error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good: when i play a movie with movie and tv App its tell me "Missing codec" and the error code 0x887a0004. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-while-playing-videos-with-movies-and-tv-app/54c1fd67-0825-478c-90cf-3b5d82571bc0
  6. Some mkv files do not have thumbnails (and do not play properly on Movies & TV). What is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some mkv files do not have thumbnails (and do not play properly on Movies & TV). What is...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VincentJoshuaET [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftgida/some_mkv_files_do_not_have_thumbnails_and_do_not/
  7. Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app: [ATTACH] Please Help, I can't play some videos in Movies and TV app, whenever I click on the file, The App goes into a weird full screen with dark no video and then immediately crashes. I've noted the codec from VLC, a screenshot of codec information of the file is posted...
  8. Movies & TV App Is Broken, Won't Play Sound

Movies & TV App Is Broken, Won't Play Sound: The "Movies & TV" app has a bug where it won't play sound, regardless of which movie or TV show is played. All other Windows apps play sound just fine. I attempted to uninstall and re-install the app, and now it's on an infinite loop of re-installing. So really, why...
  9. Unable to play some MKV files on Music and TV app, Error 0xc1010103

Unable to play some MKV files on Music and TV app, Error 0xc1010103: As per subject, I can only play some MKV files. Has anyone encountered the same issue? Couldn't search for some reason. I can play all files using VLC just fine. 140823
  10. Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset

Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset: The app shows a black screen in my HTC Vive headset when trying to play movies. Plays fine on my monitor. In headset only sound, subtitles and the pop up showing what the film is when loading, but no film. Can watch Netflix fine, Youtube fine. Unsure if this has always been a...