Windows 10: movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

Discus and support movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kuloskap, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Kuloskap Win User

movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

:)

Kuloskap, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Ajo191 Win User

Movies & TV - MKV no sound

Hey, according to Windows 10 - Movies & TV App and MKV Files , The reason your MKVs aren't playing is because MKV is a container that can hold a couple different types of audio. Apparently, it supports AC3 and AAC audio
    fine, but not DTS. I recommend VLC media player. It works well on almost any file.

Ajo191, Dec 5, 2018
  3. dp001 Win User
    Movies & TV - MKV no sound

Hi All,

I recently upgrade my VOYO minipc (based on Intel Z3735F hardware) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

Everything was fine, absolutely no issues with upgrade.

just one question. I tried to play MKV videos from Movies & TV metro app.

Video is fine but no sound.

Digging into sound settings I can see that there is no sound on the output interface.

The VOYO has an HDMI output only and it is connected directly to a LED TV.

Same video plays well with any other player.

Sound is working fine on the system, I had this issues just with the Movies & TV apps.

On another PC the same application is working fine (different hardware)

Thanks,

David

dp001, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Briangw Win User

Briangw, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files? - Similar Threads - movies app can't

2. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV app: Where do I find next on your Movies and tv player it's frustration that I can't play all my videos at once and skip when I want https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app/57ca99c5-1290-40cb-8017-7a154d17a8cd
  3. Movies&TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies&TV app: I use Movies&TV app on Windows 10 and the screen turned green on this app yesterday. I cannot see anything else on the screen, just green color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moviestv-app/8a77e0e0-b875-4076-a3aa-218fb29911e1
  4. Movies & TV App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV App: Every video now defaults to the windows movie and tv app. I want to select where I want the videos to go so I can email videos and post them on social media. I have tried to delete the app with no success. Any suggestions? I did not change my settings for videos to default...
  5. Sound source problem in a Movie & TV app.

Sound source problem in a Movie & TV app.: Hi everyone! I have a movie that is in .mkv format and has two sources of sound. One is with Polish lector and the other one with original, English sound. By default the Polish version of the sound is played, so when I wanted to switch it to the original one, I could not do...
  6. on the Movies and TV app?

on the Movies and TV app?: Why some VIDEOS downloaded only show the Title, the Artist and SIGN of small video Camera instead of a full POSTER of the VIDEO? Is maybe some cause of videos corruption? I see every detail of the video that I want to play in REAL PLAYER. Why not on the MOVIES & TV app? Some...
  7. Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset

Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset: The app shows a black screen in my HTC Vive headset when trying to play movies. Plays fine on my monitor. In headset only sound, subtitles and the pop up showing what the film is when loading, but no film. Can watch Netflix fine, Youtube fine. Unsure if this has always been a...
  8. TV & Movies only: No sound

TV & Movies only: No sound: Hello, This is specific to the Movies and TV app only. My drivers are all updated, all my apps are working fine, including my media servers, my media players (VLC, Media Player, etc.), my video games, my sound card beeping when I'm adjusting the volume, etc. I recently...
  9. movies and tv app

movies and tv app: I downloaded some home movies, when it plays through windows media player it plays fine. through movies and tv app it has no sound. I cant put them onto a dvd or share them at all and still have sound. I tried troubleshooting and deleted and re-installing the app. still have...
  10. Movies and TV app

Movies and TV app: A video I created on another program got moved to Movies and TV and I can't get it back to my desktop to edit it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/movies-and-tv-app/fc1e5870-c8b9-4908-be76-d0789d732ebd