Windows 10: Movies & TV App Is Broken, Won't Play Sound

Discus and support Movies & TV App Is Broken, Won't Play Sound in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The "Movies & TV" app has a bug where it won't play sound, regardless of which movie or TV show is played. All other Windows apps play sound just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JonPerson, Dec 23, 2019.

1. JonPerson Win User

Movies & TV App Is Broken, Won't Play Sound

The "Movies & TV" app has a bug where it won't play sound, regardless of which movie or TV show is played. All other Windows apps play sound just fine. I attempted to uninstall and re-install the app, and now it's on an infinite loop of re-installing. So really, why bother with this app at all? I'd have spent hundreds on a movie library but the app can't choose the audio-out device properly. Can someone take a look? I'm using a direct HDMI cable from my PC to a TV. I think the app is just choosing the wrong audio-out device or playing sound in a non-standard way and it's been broken for over a year now. This is probably costing Microsoft revenue.

Reinstalling audio drivers didn't work.

Reinstalling Windows didn't work.

Reinstalling Movies & TV didn't work.

Choosing other audio devices didn't work

Connecting Bluetooth headphones didn't work

Suggestions are welcome but I've already moved on to another app for my movie library. More just a bug report.

:)

JonPerson, Dec 23, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Kuloskap Win User

movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

Kuloskap, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Movies & TV App Is Broken, Won't Play Sound - Similar Threads - Movies App Broken

2. movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4: I created a movie with windows live movie maker. It plays bothe video and audio fine in movie maker.I saved it as wmv file on my computer and it play fine on movies and photo app.Now, I convert the wmv file using VLC media player to mp4. It plays fine on VLC media...
  3. Broken Jump List - Movies and TV App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken Jump List - Movies and TV App: [ATTACH] Here is goes - I am not embarrassed....I have a recent file on a Jump List and it will not go away. Was it worth it? She's 3X AVN POY - YES I right click on it and "Remove from this list" but it does not take. It sticks there for all to see. This seems to be...
  4. Videos won't play-Movies & TV app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Videos won't play-Movies & TV app Windows 10: Windows 10-Videos Movies & TV is set as my default app in settings. When I double click on a video, the video image loads OK, but when I hit the play button, nothing happens. However, when the same clip isopened with Windows Media Player, it plays fine. Question: If...
  5. Movies and TV apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies and TV apps: hello, recently i face something new problem in my pc. when i'm opening movies app for playing video, it's not working properly. i mean its not start properly just that its buffering. what's the solution of this app? if anyone knows, please let me know windows edition :...
  6. error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good

error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good: when i play a movie with movie and tv App its tell me "Missing codec" and the error code 0x887a0004. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-while-playing-videos-with-movies-and-tv-app/54c1fd67-0825-478c-90cf-3b5d82571bc0
  7. Sound source problem in a Movie & TV app.

Sound source problem in a Movie & TV app.: Hi everyone! I have a movie that is in .mkv format and has two sources of sound. One is with Polish lector and the other one with original, English sound. By default the Polish version of the sound is played, so when I wanted to switch it to the original one, I could not do...
  8. Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset

Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset: The app shows a black screen in my HTC Vive headset when trying to play movies. Plays fine on my monitor. In headset only sound, subtitles and the pop up showing what the film is when loading, but no film. Can watch Netflix fine, Youtube fine. Unsure if this has always been a...
  9. movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?: movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app-cant-play-sound-in-mkv-files/021849a8-e4e1-4a71-91d2-d47b43b98998
  10. Movies & TV app won't play - Error 0x8007007e

Movies & TV app won't play - Error 0x8007007e: Hi There, I really hope a solution will be found.. Win 10 64Bit - Fresh/clean install on Intel NUC6i7kyk. Samsung 950 PRO m.2 SSD. using last drivers + Bios from intel. i'm unable to play anything with the Movies & TV app. all of my files are local Mkv files....