Windows 10: Movies & TV app not working.

Discus and support Movies & TV app not working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently tried to watch a video on my computer and I got this message [ATTACH] I tried to open the app on its own, and all that seemed to happen is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CamdenHassanpour, May 3, 2019.

1. Movies & TV app not working.

I recently tried to watch a video on my computer and I got this message
    Movies & TV app not working. a3b802e4-c6c2-4b31-a07f-42d8cbffc5b3?upload=true.png

I tried to open the app on its own, and all that seemed to happen is that the outline of the app's window showed up for a split second before disappearing. I also tried to follow the steps in this discussion to no avail. Can anybody help me?

:)

CamdenHassanpour, May 3, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 3, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 3, 2019
  4. joldk Win User

Movies & TV app not working.

Movies & TV app crashes.

It happens when I try to open Movies & TV app and also when I doubleclick on a movie file. When I doubleclick on a movie file it shows an error message "The app didn't start".

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app (as I did with the Photos app which then worked), but this does not work with the Movies & TV app

joldk, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Movies & TV app not working.

1. Movies & TV app not working. - Similar Threads - Movies app working

2. Photo/Movie & TV app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo/Movie & TV app not working: It says there has been an error when trying to save a trimmed video, "Unable to save. Please try again later"I reset the libraries to default, wiped the temp folder, ive reinstalled the apps, ive ran sfc scannow command, and still nothing. my Windows' files are all intact and...
  3. Photo/Movie & TV app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo/Movie & TV app not working: It says there has been an error when trying to save a trimmed video, "Unable to save. Please try again later"I reset the libraries to default, wiped the temp folder, ive reinstalled the apps, ive ran sfc scannow command, and still nothing. my Windows' files are all intact and...
  4. Movies & TV app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV app not working: Earlier i tried to open a video and it said this : and after i switched my default video player to another one, and it works. but how do i bring back Movies & TV, i tried to trouble shoot and it says "hanging and crashing issues" how do i fix this, please help.i tried...
  5. Movies & TV app not working

Movies & TV app not working: Earlier i tried to open a video and it said this : and after i switched my default video player to another one, and it works. but how do i bring back Movies & TV, i tried to trouble shoot and it says "hanging and crashing issues" how do i fix this, please help....
  6. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  7. Movies & TV app

Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  8. Movies and TV apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies and TV apps: hello, recently i face something new problem in my pc. when i'm opening movies app for playing video, it's not working properly. i mean its not start properly just that its buffering. what's the solution of this app? if anyone knows, please let me know windows edition :...
  9. Windows Movies and TV App not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Movies and TV App not working: Hello, The Movies and TV app is not working. It won't play videos that my Android phone filmed. It has never done this before. Jarvis (my computer) just had an update a few days ago and I wonder if the update messed up the app. Nothing else has changed. That was the only new...
  10. The subtitles not working on Movies & TV app.

The subtitles not working on Movies & TV app.: When i open subtitles files on Movies & TV app, sometimes the app display the subtitles fine and some times it's look like gibberish. The subtitle file works fine by the way with other programs like Media player Classic. I'm using Windows 10 pro x64 Version: 1809 Build:...