Windows 10: Movies & TV App on Windows 10 not displaying HDR

Discus and support Movies & TV App on Windows 10 not displaying HDR in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted my post from the other day, so I'm starting over fresh. Sorry in advance.I just got an Alienware AW3423DW monitor that's capable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mr Rotch, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Mr Rotch Win User

Movies & TV App on Windows 10 not displaying HDR

I accidentally deleted my post from the other day, so I'm starting over fresh. Sorry in advance.I just got an Alienware AW3423DW monitor that's capable of 1000 nits peak brightness in HDR. Video games and Netflix look great, but I can tell that HDR movies I've purchased through Microsoft Store only display in SDR in the Movies & TV app.I can tell that they are SDR, because if I go to Display Settings > Windows HD Color Settings > Enable HDR, there is a slider under 'HDR/SDR brightness balance' that changes how bright HDR content gets. The slider ranges from 0 to 100.0 = Makes HDR vid

:)

Mr Rotch, Oct 7, 2022

2. Will the Movies & TV app on Windows 10/11 ever support HDR?

Hello Mr,
    I am Jaspreet Singh.
    Movies and tv app does support HDR but note that you need to have the proper requirement for HDR content playback which are listed here : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dis...

Jaspreet Singh_050, Oct 7, 2022
  3. Mr Rotch Win User
    Will the Movies & TV app on Windows 10/11 ever support HDR?

I really want to watch movies in HDR that I purchased through the Windows store, but it seems like the Movies & TV app doesn't support HDR. Are there plans to add it later down the line?

Mr Rotch, Oct 7, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

Get $Movies & TV from the Microsoft Store

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Movies & TV App on Windows 10 not displaying HDR - Similar Threads - Movies App displaying

2. Why no option to download in 4k hdr in MOVIES & TV app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why no option to download in 4k hdr in MOVIES & TV app?: why no saving as a file for 4k hdr? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-no-option-to-download-in-4k-hdr-in-movies-tv/ccf9cea7-7366-4474-a618-59cab6a1e4f5
  3. Why no option to download in 4k hdr in MOVIES & TV app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why no option to download in 4k hdr in MOVIES & TV app?: why no saving as a file for 4k hdr? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-no-option-to-download-in-4k-hdr-in-movies-tv/ccf9cea7-7366-4474-a618-59cab6a1e4f5
  4. Movies & TV App on Windows 10 not displaying HDR

Movies & TV App on Windows 10 not displaying HDR: I accidentally deleted my post from the other day, so I'm starting over fresh. Sorry in advance.I just got an Alienware AW3423DW monitor that's capable of 1000 nits peak brightness in HDR. Video games and Netflix look great, but I can tell that HDR movies I've purchased...
  5. Will the Movies & TV app on Windows 10/11 ever support HDR?

Will the Movies & TV app on Windows 10/11 ever support HDR?: I really want to watch movies in HDR that I purchased through the Windows store, but it seems like the Movies & TV app doesn't support HDR. Are there plans to add it later down the line?...
  6. Will the Movies & TV app on Windows 10/11 ever support HDR?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will the Movies & TV app on Windows 10/11 ever support HDR?: I really want to watch movies in HDR that I purchased through the Windows store, but it seems like the Movies & TV app doesn't support HDR. Are there plans to add it later down the line?...
  7. Windows 10 movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 movies & TV app: My default APP for vidoes is set for movies & TV. However, when I try to play a video it will only play using Windows media player. When I use movies & TV, the video will load but not play. Any ideas how to get movies & TV APP to work. Thanks, Gerald...
  8. Movies and TV apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies and TV apps: hello, recently i face something new problem in my pc. when i'm opening movies app for playing video, it's not working properly. i mean its not start properly just that its buffering. what's the solution of this app? if anyone knows, please let me know windows edition :...
  9. Movies and TV app in windows 10

Movies and TV app in windows 10: how do I delete watch history of Movies and TV app in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-and-tv-app-in-windows-10/6e17bba3-31b3-46ac-8e4d-e9a7457dfc6c
  10. Movies & TV app on Windows 10 with a 2nd display

Movies & TV app on Windows 10 with a 2nd display: At church I run countdown videos, bumper videos, movie clips, etc.. from folder on PC thru Movies & TV app. NORMALLY once I double click on the thumbnail, videos will open directly onto the 2nd & 3rd displays and leaves my #1 monitor free to work on other jobs while the video...