Windows 10: Movies & TV App With Another "Missing Codec" 0xc10100aa Error

Discus and support Movies & TV App With Another "Missing Codec" 0xc10100aa Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had installed the MPEG-2 video extension and the Movies & TV app worked fine until a recent feature update to Windows 10 Version 1803. Now I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by c_patrick1965, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Movies & TV App With Another "Missing Codec" 0xc10100aa Error

I had installed the MPEG-2 video extension and the Movies & TV app worked fine until a recent feature update to Windows 10 Version 1803. Now I get a window message about another codec issue:

Movies & TV App With Another "Missing Codec" 0xc10100aa Error 3d21989e-4068-4c40-8237-d7a4368be0bb?upload=true.png

Then there's a black screen with the audio playing. Any suggestions to fix this?

:)

c_patrick1965, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Movies & TV App With Another "Missing Codec" 0xc10100aa Error

Codecs in Movies & TV app

Hello,

Yesterday, I noticed that my video playing app ie. Windows's Movies and Tv and VLC media player both are unable to play my video.

So to play/check that video, I downloaded an app named cccp to play that video......that video played well on that app.......but i'm not comfortable with that app..... It sometimes irritate.........
    Isn't there any way so that i could get all the codecs or video format reader on my default app for playing videos.

Avi aVi Avi, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Movies & TV App With Another "Missing Codec" 0xc10100aa Error

1. Movies & TV App With Another "Missing Codec" 0xc10100aa Error - Similar Threads - Movies App Another

2. Movies&TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies&TV app: I use Movies&TV app on Windows 10 and the screen turned green on this app yesterday. I cannot see anything else on the screen, just green color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moviestv-app/8a77e0e0-b875-4076-a3aa-218fb29911e1
  3. Movies & TV App With Another "Missing Codec" Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV App With Another "Missing Codec" Problem: I installed the MPEG-2 video extension and the Movies & TV app worked fine until a recent feature update to Windows 10 Version 1803. Now I get a window message about another codec issue: [ATTACH] then the audio plays fine with a black screen. Any suggestions to fix this?...
  4. Windows 10 Movies & TV App With Another Codec Problem

Windows 10 Movies & TV App With Another Codec Problem: The MPEG-2 video extension is installed and the Movies & TV app worked fine until a recent feature update to Windows 10 Version 1803. Now I get this window message about another codec error: [ATTACH] then the audio plays fine with a black screen. Any suggestions to fix...
  5. Movies & TV App

Movies & TV App: Every video now defaults to the windows movie and tv app. I want to select where I want the videos to go so I can email videos and post them on social media. I have tried to delete the app with no success. Any suggestions? I did not change my settings for videos to default...
  6. on the Movies and TV app?

on the Movies and TV app?: Why some VIDEOS downloaded only show the Title, the Artist and SIGN of small video Camera instead of a full POSTER of the VIDEO? Is maybe some cause of videos corruption? I see every detail of the video that I want to play in REAL PLAYER. Why not on the MOVIES & TV app? Some...
  7. Movies and TV app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies and TV app: Good evening CF. I discovered recently my MOVIES AND TV APP on my windows 10 note book doesn't no longer playback when a video CD is inserted into the CD ROM. What l am using now is either WINDOWS MEDIAN OR CYBERLINK POWER DVD app that l installed. Is it that Microsoft has...
  8. movies and tv app

movies and tv app: I downloaded some home movies, when it plays through windows media player it plays fine. through movies and tv app it has no sound. I cant put them onto a dvd or share them at all and still have sound. I tried troubleshooting and deleted and re-installing the app. still have...
  9. Movies and TV app

Movies and TV app: A video I created on another program got moved to Movies and TV and I can't get it back to my desktop to edit it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/movies-and-tv-app/fc1e5870-c8b9-4908-be76-d0789d732ebd
  10. Movies & TV App Hangs

Movies & TV App Hangs: Hi folks, ever since upgrade the movies and tv app hangs when playing video. Always happens regardless of any video and happens 3/4 times each time I use it. I can't find anything out there to help, does any one have any ideas? Thanks 25870