Windows 10: Movies & TV app won't play - Error 0x8007007e

Discus and support Movies & TV app won't play - Error 0x8007007e in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi There, I really hope a solution will be found.. Win 10 64Bit - Fresh/clean install on Intel NUC6i7kyk. Samsung 950 PRO m.2 SSD. using last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by smounche, Nov 9, 2016.

1. smounche Win User

Movies & TV app won't play - Error 0x8007007e

Hi There,

I really hope a solution will be found..

Win 10 64Bit - Fresh/clean install on Intel NUC6i7kyk.
    Samsung 950 PRO m.2 SSD.
    using last drivers + Bios from intel.

i'm unable to play anything with the Movies & TV app.
    all of my files are local Mkv files.
    can open them with no problem in VLC, MPC, ect..

This is the error message i am receiving;

Movies & TV app won't play - Error 0x8007007e [​IMG]

Any ideas?

:)

smounche, Nov 9, 2016
  2. SamModica Win User

MP4 File will not play

I do not receive any error message when trying to play the video file. Movies & TV app just begins to play but only audio - there is no video.

Yes, I am also using Movies & TV app on the surface.

Sam

SamModica, Nov 9, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Won't play/recognize .mts files

Fist, Reply didn't work using IE11 on a Windows 7 laptop! Forced sigin, but sigin wouldn't work UGH!

Yes, WMP error "WMP cannot play the file. The player might not support the file type or might not support the code that was used to compress the file."

Same error for. Mts,

Tried the new Movies & TV app but get error Can't play 0xc00d36b4 (0xc00d36b4) on .mts, or .mp4. For .mov, WMP won't play and Movies & TV only plays the audio. Mp4 worked for a second then after I got the mts error mp4 files gave the same error above.

I'll look for the K-lite code pack and give it a try.

Thanks

Max

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

harrisonmj69, Nov 9, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

MKV codec - are you using HEVC / H265 or some version of AAC audio that can't be handled.
    The Movie app should be fairly straightforward.

Another possibility is that the MKV files still have DRM or some type of encryption of some sort in them. VLC will decrypt most files (that's also why it can play commercial DVD's) as there's often a "LIBDVDCSS" decryption library embedded --not sure what the Windows name of the library is - Linux uses LIBDVDCSS but it or similar is built in to VLC in Windows as well.

Ms obviously can't distribute this type of decryption Library without being subjected to masses of Law suits. I'm not sure how VLC gets away with it but it's 100% legal --at least where I am.

Will anything play - e.g from YouTube, old .AVI files etc. What about Music - mp3/mp4/Flac should play easily enough.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 9, 2016
  5. smounche Win User
    Hi Jimbo,

Thanks mate for taking the time and answering me. i appreciate it very!

i don't know if my mkv's are HEVC / H265. i have couple hundreds in my library. and non will play..
    i just read that Ms don't support DTS. it may be that there is DTS in the mkv container.
    if that is the case. except for using a different app (like VLC) is there any way to install 3rd party codecs that will work under the Movies & TV app?

i am asking this because my all purpose is that it will work under native window app (like Movies & TV).
    if i am able to work that out, then it will also work on the PLEX app i downloaded from the win 10 store (what is NOT working obviously in the moment..)

then i will find peace *Smile. my NUC that is connected to my Panasonic 60" flat screen will show all of my library in beautiful PLEX interface. and movie night is on!

smounche, Nov 9, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Forget the PLEX app from the Windows store

Download the PLEX SERVER from the PLEX site on to your PC and then load your libraries.
    PLEX will serve the files to your remote TV -- I use an AMAZON Fire TV box as my remote TV's built in app doesn't like MKV files and I don't want to transcode where possible. However more modern TV apps will either have a PLEX client build in or a "Media player" which will find the files from your PLEX libraries.

Much better way of doing this.

If you have a load of MKV's I suspect it's not HEVC / H265 as that's quite a new codec - really designed for UHD TV (4 / 8K) - with decent compression a 45 min TV show in bog standard HD TV (1080p) is only around 350 - 400 MB !!!! but obviously more work for the server to decompress and stream.

PLEX server should stream MTS. The best way is to try it and see.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 9, 2016
  7. smounche Win User
    hi,

Plex server is installed on my pc from day 1 *Smile. i am only working with PLEX.

unfortunately - the Panasonic TV app store - doesn't have (yet) an official PLEX app that i can download and install on the TV.. *Sad
    so i have no choice but to use my NUC as a "client" as well..
    and i am trying to use the official PLEX from the win 10 store... giving me a playing error as well..

smounche, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Movies & TV app won't play - Error 0x8007007e - Similar Threads - Movies app won't

2. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  3. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  4. movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4

movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4: I created a movie with windows live movie maker. It plays bothe video and audio fine in movie maker.I saved it as wmv file on my computer and it play fine on movies and photo app.Now, I convert the wmv file using VLC media player to mp4. It plays fine on VLC media...
  5. Videos won't play-Movies & TV app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Videos won't play-Movies & TV app Windows 10: Windows 10-Videos Movies & TV is set as my default app in settings. When I double click on a video, the video image loads OK, but when I hit the play button, nothing happens. However, when the same clip isopened with Windows Media Player, it plays fine. Question: If...
  6. Movies and TV apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies and TV apps: hello, recently i face something new problem in my pc. when i'm opening movies app for playing video, it's not working properly. i mean its not start properly just that its buffering. what's the solution of this app? if anyone knows, please let me know windows edition :...
  7. movie & tv app

movie & tv app: I keep trying to download the movies I buy off google play and the app but I cant downloD IT TO MY PC WHATS THE DEAL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-tv-app/c7ddd054-1985-4abd-bad8-618927d95c36
  8. Movies & TV App Is Broken, Won't Play Sound

Movies & TV App Is Broken, Won't Play Sound: The "Movies & TV" app has a bug where it won't play sound, regardless of which movie or TV show is played. All other Windows apps play sound just fine. I attempted to uninstall and re-install the app, and now it's on an infinite loop of re-installing. So really, why...
  9. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV app: Where do I find next on your Movies and tv player it's frustration that I can't play all my videos at once and skip when I want https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app/57ca99c5-1290-40cb-8017-7a154d17a8cd
  10. Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset

Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset: The app shows a black screen in my HTC Vive headset when trying to play movies. Plays fine on my monitor. In headset only sound, subtitles and the pop up showing what the film is when loading, but no film. Can watch Netflix fine, Youtube fine. Unsure if this has always been a...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. film and tv app wont play mp4

2. mp4 video 0x8007007e

3. movies and tv error code 0xc00d3e84

4. film and tv app error code 0x8007007e,
  5. mp4 Movies & TVs app troubleshooting windows 10,
  6. 0x8007007e plex,
  7. movies and tv cant play hevc 0xc00d36b4