Windows 10: Movies&TV app

Discus and support Movies&TV app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Movies&TV app on Windows 10 and the screen turned green on this app yesterday. I cannot see anything else on the screen, just green color.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cameron Porter3, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Movies&TV app

I use Movies&TV app on Windows 10 and the screen turned green on this app yesterday. I cannot see anything else on the screen, just green color.

:)

Cameron Porter3, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Movies&TV app

Movies & TV app stream to XBox One

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the cast button functionality is not working in Movies and TV App.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to run the App Troubleshooter for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

However, if the above recommendation does not help, I would suggest you to consider reinstalling the
    Movies & TV App again.

Steps to uninstall Movies & TV
    App

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Install Movies & TV
    App from Microsoft Store

Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue. if it still persists, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Movies&TV app

1. Movies&TV app - Similar Threads - Movies&TV app

2. The subtitles not working on Movies & TV app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The subtitles not working on Movies & TV app.: When i open subtitles files on Movies & TV app, sometimes the app display the subtitles fine and some times it's look like gibberish. The subtitle file works fine by the way with other programs like Media player Classic. I'm using Windows 10 pro x64 Version: 1809 Build:...
  3. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV app: Where do I find next on your Movies and tv player it's frustration that I can't play all my videos at once and skip when I want https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app/57ca99c5-1290-40cb-8017-7a154d17a8cd
  4. For anyone struggling with the Windows Movies & TV App, particularly the black screen...

For anyone struggling with the Windows Movies & TV App, particularly the black screen...: Everyone, and I mean everyone has issues with this app and for whatever reason this issue is not being addressed. No, you're drivers are up to date and fine. You do not need to make a new administrator account or mess around with Powershell trying to uninstall it then...
  5. Auto play feature not working in Movies & TV app

Auto play feature not working in Movies & TV app: Thirty minutes ago and all times before whenever I play a video in Movie & TV app on windows 10 when the video finishes it plays the next video automatically. I restarted my computer and it did an update. Now I have to close the application and select the next video...
  6. Windows Movies & TV app

Windows Movies & TV app: In the Windows Movies & TV app is there any way to view a list of "Recently Watched" Movies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-movies-tv-app/a0d8f0a5-d9b8-4a8c-9180-1647f6961865
  7. Movies and TV app with Web account Manager freeze entire system

Movies and TV app with Web account Manager freeze entire system: I have a surface go. I recently purchased 'futurama complete series' from the microsoft store. But when I try to download it, or after download it try to download something else, my CPU usage for the 'web account manger' service skyrockets to about 100%, or close to it. I...
  8. Win10 Where does Movies & Tv app keep the history?

Win10 Where does Movies & Tv app keep the history?: I have a listing that won't "Remove from List" (movies / tv) pinned start Some how this one file got corrupted The directory location of the file has a ZTWITT~1 at the end :( I can see it's pointing at a User\Downloads\ZTWITT~1 I tried using the file name with a ext mp4...
  9. Movie and tv library is not syncing with my surface for Microsoft Movies and Tv app

Movie and tv library is not syncing with my surface for Microsoft Movies and Tv app: My purchases are not showing for the app on my surface. All other computers are fine. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-and-tv-library-is-not-syncing-with-my/868391fa-671b-48f6-be54-a7a3cfd5265e
  10. movie & tv app file system error (-214729196)

movie & tv app file system error (-214729196): Every time I try to view a video file (WMV, AVI, MP$) using the Windows 10 Movie & TV app, the app closes and gives the following error message: [ATTACH] The App plays movie (MOV) files without error. Also there are ono errors opening the video files with Windows Media...