Windows 10: Movies&TV app

Discus and support Movies&TV app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Movies&TV app on Windows 10 and the screen turned green on this app yesterday. I cannot see anything else on the screen, just green color.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cameron Porter3, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Movies&TV app

I use Movies&TV app on Windows 10 and the screen turned green on this app yesterday. I cannot see anything else on the screen, just green color.

:)

Cameron Porter3, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Movies&TV app

Movies & TV app stream to XBox One

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the cast button functionality is not working in Movies and TV App.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to run the App Troubleshooter for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

However, if the above recommendation does not help, I would suggest you to consider reinstalling the
    Movies & TV App again.

Steps to uninstall Movies & TV
    App

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Install Movies & TV
    App from Microsoft Store

Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue. if it still persists, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Movies&TV app

1. Movies&TV app - Similar Threads - Movies&TV app

2. movie & tv app file system error (-214729196)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    movie & tv app file system error (-214729196): Every time I try to view a video file (WMV, AVI, MP$) using the Windows 10 Movie & TV app, the app closes and gives the following error message: [ATTACH] The App plays movie (MOV) files without error. Also there are ono errors opening the video files with Windows Media...
  3. Movies & TV App With Another "Missing Codec" 0xc10100aa Error

Movies & TV App With Another "Missing Codec" 0xc10100aa Error: I had installed the MPEG-2 video extension and the Movies & TV app worked fine until a recent feature update to Windows 10 Version 1803. Now I get a window message about another codec issue: [ATTACH] Then there's a black screen with the audio playing. Any suggestions to...
  4. Movies & TV App With Another "Missing Codec" Problem

Movies & TV App With Another "Missing Codec" Problem: I installed the MPEG-2 video extension and the Movies & TV app worked fine until a recent feature update to Windows 10 Version 1803. Now I get a window message about another codec issue: [ATTACH] then the audio plays fine with a black screen. Any suggestions to fix this?...
  5. Windows 10 Movies & TV App With Another Codec Problem

Windows 10 Movies & TV App With Another Codec Problem: The MPEG-2 video extension is installed and the Movies & TV app worked fine until a recent feature update to Windows 10 Version 1803. Now I get this window message about another codec error: [ATTACH] then the audio plays fine with a black screen. Any suggestions to fix...
  6. movie & tv app in win 10 pc

movie & tv app in win 10 pc: i have amazon prime video and sometimes the video takes place at night and very dark. there isnt any video controls for bight.& contrast in the app. i tried changing file assoc to vlc player but amazon video still goes to movie & tv app. i am half deaf and now half blind. is...
  7. movie & tv app in win 10 pc

in Windows 10 Support
    movie & tv app in win 10 pc: i have amazon prime video and sometimes the video takes place at night and very dark. there isnt any video controls for bight.& contrast in the app. i tried changing file assoc to vlc player but amazon video still goes to movie & tv app. i am half deaf and now half blind. is...
  8. Movies & TV App Is Not Accepcting PostCode In Profile Address.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Movies & TV App Is Not Accepcting PostCode In Profile Address.: hi, I just paid to rent a movie and now it wants me to add my ''profile address'' I put in all the information but it doesnt accept my postcode... ***Changed Original Title From: profile adress***...
  9. Movies & TV App Sort Order, Windows 10

Movies & TV App Sort Order, Windows 10: I would like to be able to sort Movies by the Production Company. Specifically I would like a way to sort all of the Marvel Movies into 1 view and then based on release date. It would make binge watching more practical when there are multiple in a series such as in this case....
  10. Movies and TV App Sort Order

Movies and TV App Sort Order: I would like to be able to sort Movies by the Production Company. Specifically I would like a way to sort all of the Marvel Movies into 1 view and then based on release date. It would make binge watching more practical when there are multiple in a series such as in this case....