Windows 10: Movies & TV can't link to Photos to trim a video

Discus and support Movies & TV can't link to Photos to trim a video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The "Edit in photos > Trim" button in Movies & Tv does not work, giving me the following error:PhotosPlease try again. If the problem continues, visit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Richards292, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Movies & TV can't link to Photos to trim a video

The "Edit in photos > Trim" button in Movies & Tv does not work, giving me the following errorMovies & TV can't link to Photos to trim a video :photosPlease try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.0x80070067This error code seems to have been referenced for a lot of different issues, so I'm not sure where to start on it. This has been going on for the better part of a year, persisting through upgrading to Windows 11. Any ideas what causes this? The file is a 21mb MP4.

:)

Richards292, Sep 26, 2022
  2. MaxBraun1 Win User

Edit Video in Photos- Trim

Hello!

I have same issue. My win version is 1709 ( windows 10 ).

I am using shadowplay to capture videos.

Then i am using Movie and TV ; Photo to trim captured videos. However, when i do this, trimmed video looks abit whiter or even darker i would say. Tried to search for some options etc but havent found anything. Cannot solve this issue and looking for Your
    help as its really important to have such comfy tool.

MaxBraun1, Sep 26, 2022
  3. navtnn Win User
    Video trimming is not working

Hello, I have tried to trim a MP4 file using both Photos and Movies & TV.

After I choose a part and click "trim", the trimming window closes off by itself and the trimmed video is saved but does not play/show anything.

I tried again and again with other MP4 files but it does not work. Please help.

Thank you.

navtnn, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Movies & TV can't link to Photos to trim a video

Edit Video in Photos- Trim

Hi,

You can trim the beginning and end of a video so your movie shows only the part of the video you want.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What is the name of the application used when capturing videos?
    • Is it happening to all the videos that you captured?
    • What video player are you using to watch this video file?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Movies & TV can't link to Photos to trim a video

1. Movies & TV can't link to Photos to trim a video - Similar Threads - Movies can't link

2. Videos can't be opened by "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos can't be opened by "Movies & TV": Video files can't open with Windows's default video player called "Movies & TV". This app was not showing at open with section. When I select 'Choose another app', it shows "Video.UI.exe" instead of "Movies & TV". I clicked on this option, but the videos were not played by...
  3. Videos can't be opened by "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos can't be opened by "Movies & TV": Video files can't open with Windows's default video player called "Movies & TV". This app was not showing at open with section. When I select 'Choose another app', it shows "Video.UI.exe" instead of "Movies & TV". I clicked on this option, but the videos were not played by...
  4. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV": I was trying to trim a video I took from Xbox Game Bar. I can access the video and watch it, but I'm unable to trim the video with the default application that is provided Trim in Photos. When I attempt to trim, it has a message in a yellow box that states "Unable to save...
  5. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV": I was trying to trim a video I took from Xbox Game Bar. I can access the video and watch it, but I'm unable to trim the video with the default application that is provided Trim in Photos. When I attempt to trim, it has a message in a yellow box that states "Unable to save...
  6. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

7. Movies & TV can't link to Photos to trim a video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV can't link to Photos to trim a video: The "Edit in photos > Trim" button in Movies & Tv does not work, giving me the following error:PhotosPlease try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.0x80070067This error code seems to have been referenced for a lot of...
  8. Trim option not working Photos/Movies & TV App

Trim option not working Photos/Movies & TV App: I've been using those for month to trim some vids quickly and worked perfectly, but on the last few days whenever I try, about two seconds after the trim screen opens up it freezes Not Working and then it closes itself or I have to use the taskbar to close.I tried going in...
  9. Movies and TV trimmed videos Issue

Movies and TV trimmed videos Issue: Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to change the file location of Movies and TV clips trimmed with the photos application. Previously I was able to trim the video, then when I would press save a copy it would be in my selected file location along with letting me change...
  10. Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video

Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video: Both of the open and both allow editing. But when I click save a Copy, neither will allow me to save to xxx_trim.mp3 file (default) or another .mp3 file with a new name. The screen says "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file Try saving a...