Windows 10: Movies&TV not playing video files 0x887c0077

Discus and support Movies&TV not playing video files 0x887c0077 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I recently updated Windows 10. After the update, it asked if I'd like to delete the old copy of Windows to free up drive space. I did that,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CUBSfanBUDman, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Movies&TV not playing video files 0x887c0077

Hello,

I recently updated Windows 10. After the update, it asked if I'd like to delete the old copy of Windows to free up drive space. I did that, now none of my video files, it doesn't matter if it's mp4 or not, will play for a half of second then give me error 0x887c0077

When I play them with VLC player, they are fine.

:)

CUBSfanBUDman, Aug 21, 2019

2. Movies & TV will not play mpg files on my Windows 10 computer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play.mpg formats on Movies and TV app. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if the video formats that you are trying to play is supported by Movies and TV app.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/file-formats-for-the-movies-tv-app

I would like to inform you that .mpg is not listed as the file format supported by Movies and TV app.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 21, 2019
  3. [BUG] Movies and TV app

Hi, I noticed a bug on the Movies & TV app after a recent update. This bug is pretty hard to notice so I didn't get any support. I checked it on two other PCs and found the same.
    Please follow the steps and give me feedback. Do you experience the bug.? A simple Y/N is enough.

• Open the Movies and TV app (also called Films and TV)
    • Open any video folder
    • Play the last video from the folder
    • [BUG] Can you see "Next video" button on the right side.?(Also no
      previous video button)
    • When you click on the next video button which video gets played. Is it the
      second video
      in the folder?

I J Sankar, Aug 21, 2019
  4. cutejoshi Win User

Movies&TV not playing video files 0x887c0077

Playing video file with extension .ts

Hi Sher ,

Does Movies and tv app support .ts format??

Because when i saw list of supported formats by movies and tv app .ts format was listed there.

I'm also facing the problem while playing the .ts format video in movies and tv app.

cutejoshi, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Movies&TV not playing video files 0x887c0077

1. Movies&TV not playing video files 0x887c0077 - Similar Threads - Movies&TV playing video

2. Videos can't be opened by "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos can't be opened by "Movies & TV": Video files can't open with Windows's default video player called "Movies & TV". This app was not showing at open with section. When I select 'Choose another app', it shows "Video.UI.exe" instead of "Movies & TV". I clicked on this option, but the videos were not played by...
  3. How to play a video frame by frame in the default Movies & TV video player?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to play a video frame by frame in the default Movies & TV video player?: Is the only way to watch a video frame by frame to click "create photo from video" wait for it to load, then go through it frame by frame? There has to be an easier way right? submitted by /u/MerlinTheWhite [link] [comments]...
  4. Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App: Hi Without any reason, one day I realised I cannot play any videos in YouTube in any browser, Chrome or Edge . Pressing Play Button it seems playback wants to start but it stops immediately. I downloaded the video. The same behaviour for the Movies &TV App, the downloaded...
  5. Movies and TV Stopped Letting Me Play Mp4 Videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Movies and TV Stopped Letting Me Play Mp4 Videos: I have no clue why this started to happen. Before I was able to access any file I wanted but now I can not access mp4 videos. I read that it has to do with my codec but I didn't touch it. If someone could give a thorough explanation on how I can fix this issue that would be...
  6. Videos won't play-Movies & TV app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Videos won't play-Movies & TV app Windows 10: Windows 10-Videos Movies & TV is set as my default app in settings. When I double click on a video, the video image loads OK, but when I hit the play button, nothing happens. However, when the same clip isopened with Windows Media Player, it plays fine. Question: If...
  7. GPU overheating when playing a video on Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU overheating when playing a video on Movies & TV: I literally wanted to watch a video on the app and after 2 min. my PC shuts off. I thought it overheated. The next day i wanted to see what did that. So i opened MSI Afternurner and played a video on the app and saw the GPU temperature was going up fast until it shut off to...
  8. Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app: [ATTACH] Please Help, I can't play some videos in Movies and TV app, whenever I click on the file, The App goes into a weird full screen with dark no video and then immediately crashes. I've noted the codec from VLC, a screenshot of codec information of the file is posted...
  9. No Color in Movies and TV while playing videos

No Color in Movies and TV while playing videos: Why no color in The app Movies and TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/no-color-in-movies-and-tv-while-playing-videos/e8321ded-81c1-4e47-982b-9618990b361d
  10. How to repeat a playlist to play videos via Movie&TV

How to repeat a playlist to play videos via Movie&TV: Do you guys how to repeat a playlist via Movie&TV to play some videos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/how-to-repeat-a-playlist-to-play-videos-via/96f463f9-3b1a-4b9c-a189-ad03dd8b7b60

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x887c0077

2. 0x887c0077 エラー