Windows 10: Movies & TV on Windows 10 Education does not show "Explore" and "Purchased" tab.

Discus and support Movies & TV on Windows 10 Education does not show "Explore" and "Purchased" tab. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Education and according to windows update, everything is up to date as of writing this (5/24/2019). I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pandehlove, May 24, 2019.

1. Movies & TV on Windows 10 Education does not show "Explore" and "Purchased" tab.

Hello,

I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Education and according to windows update, everything is up to date as of writing this (5/24/2019).

I am trying to use the Movies & TV app, however, as the title states, the "Explore" and "Purchased" tabs are not showing. The only tab that shows is "Personal".

Has anyone figured out if this is a feature or a bug? And, is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.

:)

pandehlove, May 24, 2019
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Movies & TV App No Explore/Purchased Tabs - PC

Hi,

The missing Explore and Purchased can be due to incorrect settings, the app is experiencing errors or the version of Windows. The standard Windows 10 Education is used for schools and students that focus on education and has limited features unlike Education
    Pro or Windows 10 Pro.

We can troubleshoot the Movies & TV using the steps indicated on this
    link
    . If your computer is handled by your school, we recommend contacting them for access.

Feel free to post back if you need further help.

Erika Aro, May 24, 2019
  3. John Ado Win User

Hi David,

We found this
    article
    about how to associate devices with the Movies & TV app. It got us thinking:

• Were you able to see your desktop as one of your download devices from your laptop or Xbox?
    • Have you tried to purchase a movie from your desktop?

If things from the article will not work, let's reinstall your Movies & TV app. Follow these steps:

• Run Windows PowerShell as administrator.
    • Copy and paste: Get-AppxPackage *zunevideo* | Remove-AppxPackage then press
      Enter.
    • Restart your device.
    • Lanch Windows PowerShell again
    • Copy and paste: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”} and press
      Enter.

Please advise as necessary.

John Ado, May 24, 2019
  4. Movies & TV on Windows 10 Education does not show "Explore" and "Purchased" tab.

I can't seem to find a post about this issue anywhere.

I have a Windows 10 Education Edition PC if that matters.

When I enter the app Movies & TV on my PC I am met by my "Personal" tab with a single folder for where I store some of my game-play videos from video games. However, I have seen multiple images that this app should also have tabs above that has "Explore"
    and "Purchased".

I do have multiple movies/TV shows bought and have watched them on my laptop and Xbox. The issue is I can't seem to find easy access to them as they do not appear on my PC app (I can go through the store and press play from the store page but that means
    I have to search in the store for movies I KNOW I have bought and can't see my collection).

I have tried to go into the settings and restore the purchases within the app and that has given me no luck. I am also very sure I am signed into my Microsoft account associated with said purchases.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: Picture provided (Explore / Purchased should be located to the left of Personal)

Movies & TV on Windows 10 Education does not show "Explore" and "Purchased" tab. ec0f2c61-eb29-4136-8459-d57f7e9a9c5d.png

David Seiss, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Movies & TV on Windows 10 Education does not show "Explore" and "Purchased" tab.

1. Movies & TV on Windows 10 Education does not show "Explore" and "Purchased" tab. - Similar Threads - Movies Education does

2. Movies and TV app not showing purchased library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies and TV app not showing purchased library: I noticed the other day that the Movies and TV app is not showing my purchased library on my gaming PC. Shows fine on my Surface Pro and Laptop PC and all three of my computers are upgraded to the current production release of Windows 11. Only difference I can figure out is...
  3. Movies and TV app not showing purchased library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV app not showing purchased library: I noticed the other day that the Movies and TV app is not showing my purchased library on my gaming PC. Shows fine on my Surface Pro and Laptop PC and all three of my computers are upgraded to the current production release of Windows 11. Only difference I can figure out is...
  4. Movies & TV no "Purchased" or "Explore" tabs Windows 11 Edu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV no "Purchased" or "Explore" tabs Windows 11 Edu: I'm using Windows 11 EDU, and was hoping to watch some of my Movies Anywhere collection on my PC. However, the "Movies & TV" app only shows a "Personal" tab, and I have no way of watching the movies I own using that service.Does anyone else have this issue, and know of a fix...
  5. Movies & TV no "Purchased" or "Explore" tabs Windows 11 Edu

Movies & TV no "Purchased" or "Explore" tabs Windows 11 Edu: I'm using Windows 11 EDU, and was hoping to watch some of my Movies Anywhere collection on my PC. However, the "Movies & TV" app only shows a "Personal" tab, and I have no way of watching the movies I own using that service.Does anyone else have this issue, and know of a fix...
  6. Need to Hide Explore /Purchased tab in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 Enterprise

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Need to Hide Explore /Purchased tab in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 Enterprise: Hi, I would like to get settings to make Explore / Purchased tab in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 Enterprise hide, users should be able to see only Personal tab on Movies & TV App. I could not find any settings for this anywhere. Kindly help on this. [ATTACH]...
  7. [Workaround] Windows 10 Education does not show "Purchased" or "Explore" tab

[Workaround] Windows 10 Education does not show "Purchased" or "Explore" tab: This has been a known issue for over 3 years at the time of this post. Near the end of that thread, userSiberiantiger82 suggests going to the Microsoft Movies & TV website and finding the "My movies and TV" link. For anyone curious, this is that link:...
  8. How to Watch/Stream Movies & TV Purchased Shows on Actual TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Watch/Stream Movies & TV Purchased Shows on Actual TV: Previously before we moved i was able to hookup at the time a HDMI cable from my old video card to the TV, and watch the shows that way, but now Room setup is different and TV isn't as close to PC, and plus now i use the HDMI connection with newer monitor. Is there a...
  9. Movies & TV and WMP not showing on TV as server?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Movies & TV and WMP not showing on TV as server?: Hi all. I've done a fresh install of Win10 (Ver. 1909) on one machine and an upgrade on another from Win7 Ultimate (Win10 Ver. 1903). The former doesn't show the PC on my LG C8 OLED when I use it's video player app as a listed server. I can cast to it with individual files...
  10. Movies and TV shows question

Movies and TV shows question: Hi I bought some movies and TV shows from the App Store. and the only player that they will play on is movies TV shows player. I have tried quite a few other players they will not play just a blank screen no error message. Just blank screen. Can anyone tell me what I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explore and purchased not showing in movies

2. movies and tv app not showing Explore/Purchased tab