Windows 10: Movies & TV seeking is smooth with Intel HD but not with AMD GPU

Discus and support Movies & TV seeking is smooth with Intel HD but not with AMD GPU in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I use the mouse to grab the dot to go forward in a movie the image freeze. Currently using Windows 2004, I tried with the default AMD driver and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheGlaude, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Movies & TV seeking is smooth with Intel HD but not with AMD GPU

If I use the mouse to grab the dot to go forward in a movie the image freeze.

Currently using Windows 2004, I tried with the default AMD driver and the latest, same result.

How can I make it work again?

submitted by /u/TheGlaude
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheGlaude, Jul 24, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Movies & TV seeking is smooth with Intel HD but not with AMD GPU

AMD GPU issues on Windows 10

I have a dual GPU laptop, with a power saving GPU, integrated, from Intel and and a "high performance" GPU by AMD. Now, I just noticed this, but despite my settings in AMD's Catalyst Control Center, no application was running on the "high performance" GPU.
    To try to fix this, I decided to uninstall both drivers completely, starting with Intel then AMD, the opposite of what I usually do. Then, I installed AMD first then Intel, again the opposite of what I do usually.

This seems to have fixed the issue where no app is running on the AMD card, but created a new one. Whenever I open or close an application that is set to run on the AMD GPU, the computer freezes for a few seconds, and only then moves on. Using the application
    feels normal and fine, except when opening and closing them.

Another issue is Windows 8 apps (I tried Asphalt 8, specifically) can't run in full screen using the AMD GPU. When I click the full screen button, said app crashes.

For reference, my GPUs are:

Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Intel core i3-2330M)

AMD Radeon 6470M (now referred to by Windows as AMD Radeon 7400M Series)

Please help.

João Carrasqueira, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Movies & TV seeking is smooth with Intel HD but not with AMD GPU

1. Movies & TV seeking is smooth with Intel HD but not with AMD GPU - Similar Threads - Movies seeking smooth

2. No Keyboard Shortcuts to seek videos in Windows Movies and TV!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Keyboard Shortcuts to seek videos in Windows Movies and TV!: Movies & TV app doesn’t have seeking shortcut.When I click on the seeking bar the arrow keys allow me to temporarily seek using arrow keys but I have to keep pressing escape key to remove focus from the ugly white box screen below around the seek bar after every little...
  3. No Keyboard Shortcuts to seek videos in Windows Movies and TV!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Keyboard Shortcuts to seek videos in Windows Movies and TV!: Movies & TV app doesn’t have seeking shortcut.When I click on the seeking bar the arrow keys allow me to temporarily seek using arrow keys but I have to keep pressing escape key to remove focus from the ugly white box screen below around the seek bar after every little...
  4. Movies And TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies And TV: Hello There, Since I Have Reinstalled My Movies And TV App Whenever I Play A Video It Says "Cant Play Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.Error 0x800700ea I Watched The Same Video On Other Players Like...
  5. GPU overheating when playing a video on Movies & TV

GPU overheating when playing a video on Movies & TV: I literally wanted to watch a video on the app and after 2 min. my PC shuts off. I thought it overheated. The next day i wanted to see what did that. So i opened MSI Afternurner and played a video on the app and saw the GPU temperature was going up fast until it shut off to...
  6. Movies & TV

Movies & TV: I have windows 10. Why are all the movies I rent EXPIRED on the same day as I rent them??? It all began on Dec. 07, 2019. The registry fix is impossibe> How do I get what I have PAID for??????...
  7. Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV: How do I stop Movies & TV application from starting alone when I put it into Pause? I stopped auto play in the Microsoft Store settings and it stills plays around 10 seconds after I put it in Pause. Thanks...
  8. AMD R5 with intel HD 4400 incompatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD R5 with intel HD 4400 incompatibility: Hi, I have an acer aspire e1 472G with intel HD Graphics 4400 + AMD R5 240 Acer provide the windows 10 driver only for the intel 4400 I tried every combination possible : AMD current driver, AMD beta driver, ACER intel driver, Intel website diver. And all I get is : code...
  9. Movie & TV

Movie & TV: Hello, Movie & Tv do not read .mov video. It works on VCL, windows media player, itunes, Quicktime, but not Movie & Tv. Do you have a solution ? Thank you 27617
  10. Always have to disable Intel HD Graphics in order to enable AMD GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Always have to disable Intel HD Graphics in order to enable AMD GPU: Hello everyone, Here are my system specs; HP Probook 450 G3 6th Generation Windows 10 AMD Radeon R7 M260 I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Media Encoder CC in my Video Post-Production Job. I have to have the AMD Radeon R7 M260 GPU enabled for these two...