Windows 10: Movies & TV stuttering playback 4K HDR 10Bit

Discus and support Movies & TV stuttering playback 4K HDR 10Bit in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I cant make this app stop stuttering when playing 4k videos. I have increased buffer size in VLC and it plays 4k videos just fine. Any way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NewsFromHell, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Movies & TV stuttering playback 4K HDR 10Bit

Hi everyone,I cant make this app stop stuttering when playing 4k videos. I have increased buffer size in VLC and it plays 4k videos just fine. Any way to fix stuttering issue in M&TV? any way to increase buffer size or i dont know maybe cpu utilization?

Win10 1909, 1080ti, 8700k

submitted by /u/NewsFromHell
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NewsFromHell, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Zafatta Win User

Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously.

I recently got a 4k HDR tv (Samsung UE43NU7100). I connect my PC with a normal HD monitor and the 4k HDR tv. When turning on HDR on my tv the resolution of the 4k tv (3840x2160) gets set back to normal HD (1920x1080) in windows settings. Windows is completely
    updated, my AMD Radeon R9 390 8gb graphics card is up to date and supports and displays in 4k when HDR is off. My Xbox one X displays both 4k and HDR perfectly simultaneously. I use a high speed HDMI 2.0 cable. I have no idea why my pc does this and cant find
    anything about windows not being able to do 4k and HDR at the same time. It also doesn't work if I only connect the tv instead of the monitor and tv. Any suggestion?

Zafatta, Apr 2, 2020
  3. ROBERT530 Win User
    how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd hdr 2160p monitors or 4k uhd hdr nvidia geforce gpu

how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd hdr 2160p monitors or 4k uhd hdr nvidia geforce gpu

according to the internet windows 10 is suppose to feature uhd hdr in 4k.. windows has never been able to project a desktop display equal to 4k uhd

i have all these COOL TOYS but have NO IDEA how to WORK it ??..

i have a 82" samsung 4k uhd hdr 2160P TV as a computer monitor/ tv / gaming in 4k.. cannot get windows 10 pro ver 1803 to play view gaming movies

stream in 4k. i can watch 4k music videos 4k movies in hdr . i seem to be very UN knowledgeable about how to get all these COOL TOYS to work

like being able to project 4k uhd hdr on a windows desktop. any GEEKS who want to share insider knowledge on how to do this.

samsung 82" samsung 4k uhd hdr 2160P TV

intel I7-7820X

GIGABYTE X299 UD4 REV 1.0 BIOS F4

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1080TI 8GB

CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER ZX

CORSAIR VENGENANCE 32GB RGB 2133 DDR4

WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 7200RPM

WESTERN DIGITAL 4TB

WESTERN DIGITAL 8TB

WESTERN DIGITAL 8TB

WESTERN DIGITAL 8TB

ROBERT530, Apr 2, 2020
  4. M A Ullah Win User

Movies & TV stuttering playback 4K HDR 10Bit

4k HDR Media Center PC Disaster / Problems / Woes / Issues / Etc... / Pain in my... / Get The Point Yet!

It's not as plain sailing with Shield TV as some users would have you believe. After my recent frustrations with my HTPC and HDR content, I jumped on advice of a Shield TV user and got myself one. It works up to an extent! The native Shield TV interface
    is not 4K. So, menu content can look a bit blurry as they are upscaled. You can enable 4K menu through apps like SPMC but that breaks HDR. It plays 4K HDR content without stuttering via apps like KODI, SPMC, PLEX but I found that Shield TV downscales 4K to
    1080p but can pass on HDR metadata to TV. So you end up upscaling back to 4K on TV but the HDR logo lights up. I use a Denon AVR X2300w receiver in the middle to handle Atmos and DTS-HD sounds. It can't do volume control overlay on 4K content coming to it
    (ie. from Virgin TIVO box or from my HTPC) but when I play 4K hevc HDR files on shield, the volume overlay shows up suggesting it is receiving 1080p content. There is also big problems with frame-rate switching. Some have said PLEX handles 4K HDR better but
    many have had issues with passing through (bitstreaming) HD audio to receivers. So, at present there is no perfect solution for 4K HDR hevc playback if you are particular about audio, video bit rate, HDR & resolutions. Movies & TV stuttering playback 4K HDR 10Bit :(

M A Ullah, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Movies & TV stuttering playback 4K HDR 10Bit

1. Movies & TV stuttering playback 4K HDR 10Bit - Similar Threads - Movies stuttering playback

2. Why no option to download in 4k hdr in MOVIES & TV app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why no option to download in 4k hdr in MOVIES & TV app?: why no saving as a file for 4k hdr? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-no-option-to-download-in-4k-hdr-in-movies-tv/ccf9cea7-7366-4474-a618-59cab6a1e4f5
  3. Why no option to download in 4k hdr in MOVIES & TV app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why no option to download in 4k hdr in MOVIES & TV app?: why no saving as a file for 4k hdr? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-no-option-to-download-in-4k-hdr-in-movies-tv/ccf9cea7-7366-4474-a618-59cab6a1e4f5
  4. Windows Movie & TV stutter at beginning

Windows Movie & TV stutter at beginning: I have Windows 10 2004 and recently i have noticed Movie & TV app having a stutter at the very beginning when ever starting MP4. But the same clip works flawlessly in Windows Media Player. Tried resetting the Movie & TV app but didn't work....
  5. When downloading the Movies & TV App Stutters!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When downloading the Movies & TV App Stutters!!: Hi, I just took notice of this right now. Whenever I am downloading something big like a game update of the sort I noticed that this app is starting to stutter. The moment I stop the download the stuttering stops. I checked on a different media player and it plays perfectly...
  6. Wndows does not detect HDR tv (10Bit)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wndows does not detect HDR tv (10Bit): Hello , Windows is not detecting my 10-bit HDR tv but is instead showing 8-Bit. To be clear , HDR works with my PS4 and VIA home network streaming. But windows doesn't seem to detect it as an HDR TV. OS: Windows 10 Graphics : INTEL UHD 620 TV: TCL 55P6US...
  7. Stuttering problem with Movies & TV app

Stuttering problem with Movies & TV app: My Dell computer came with the Movies & TV app as the default video player. In the 2 years I've had the PC I've had no problems with it and I really like it as a player. But starting about 2 months ago or so certain videos played with the app have a very bad stuttering...
  8. Change default playback in Windows Movies & TV

Change default playback in Windows Movies & TV: So there is no sound in Windows Movies & TV (or Windows Media Player), however there IS sound in other players like VLC. That was one issue that bothered me in 2 weeks now. Until I found a solution. Next to the Speaker icon, there is another icon with some settings for...
  9. Playback issue in movies and tv

Playback issue in movies and tv: when i open movies and tv app it says playback issue send feedback how can we solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/playback-issue-in-movies-and-tv/43d0706b-57b2-4757-86b6-e2c74419d2f2
  10. bad playback issue with movies and tv app

bad playback issue with movies and tv app: I booted from win7 into win 10. I have a whole lot of mpeg2 encoded video files on the network in a shared folder. At first, the app could not play, offered a free codec for mpeg. I agreed, it installed, after a few minutes it played. The playback was smooth, good sound....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdr video tv stuttering

2. windows movies & tv stuttering 4k