Windows 10: Movies & TV: the subtitles in hebrew are being presented in gibberish

Discus and support Movies & TV: the subtitles in hebrew are being presented in gibberish in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ***solution: go to control panel [ATTACH] Select Region [ATTACH] go to Administrative and select Change system locale... [ATTACH] change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tal5361, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Tal5361 Win User

Movies & TV: the subtitles in hebrew are being presented in gibberish

***solution:

go to control panel

Movies & TV: the subtitles in hebrew are being presented in gibberish 25c5bc13-e8b2-4a6e-8ecb-c9e89bc6a7f7?upload=true.png

Select Region

Movies & TV: the subtitles in hebrew are being presented in gibberish a224b328-6f0a-4e5e-85cb-0f440bae0719?upload=true.png

go to Administrative and select Change system locale...

Movies & TV: the subtitles in hebrew are being presented in gibberish cd4fce77-5054-4a6d-b1f5-dcca3f5426b2?upload=true.png

change the current system locale to Hebrew (Israel) and than select OK

Movies & TV: the subtitles in hebrew are being presented in gibberish 8f6e59ea-f60b-4058-8a94-e6202db3059b?upload=true.png

select Restart now and the subtitles in the movies app should be alright

:)

Tal5361, Nov 23, 2019
  2. bg_941 Win User

Hi,

I reinstalled my computer from scratch, I'm using windows 10.

When I play movies with Movies $ TV and loading subtitles in Hebrew it is shown as gibberish.

How can I fix it?

Thanks,

Boaz

bg_941, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Movies & TV: the subtitles in hebrew are being presented in gibberish

It appears to be a bug in Movies and TV, but no official solution;

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/musicandvid...

Give this a try:

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Movies & TV

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Check the Store for updates

If that does not work, install VLC Player to see if that works:

Download official VLC media player for Windows - VideoLAN

Download official VLC media player for Windows - VideoLAN

If that does not work, try installing the Hebrew language pack to see if it helps.

Movies & TV: the subtitles in hebrew are being presented in gibberish 4b03d1a4-92fa-4bd5-85d3-fedaaddc9b66?upload=true.png

Andre for Directly, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Movies & TV: the subtitles in hebrew are being presented in gibberish

The subtitles not working on Movies & TV app.

When i open subtitles files on Movies & TV app, sometimes the app display the subtitles fine and some times it's look like gibberish.

The subtitle file works fine by the way with other programs like Media player Classic.

I'm using Windows 10 pro x64 Version: 1809 Build: 17763.

The subtitles looks like this in Movies & TV app ⬇⬇.
    Movies & TV: the subtitles in hebrew are being presented in gibberish 0aaba507-f4ab-4e7a-bc87-c6b87f34d6db?upload=true.jpg

Mustafa-Ibrahim, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Movies & TV: the subtitles in hebrew are being presented in gibberish - Similar Threads - Movies subtitles hebrew

2. Subtitles don't work in Movies and TV?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subtitles don't work in Movies and TV?: When a foreign language is spoken in an English movie, there are no subtitles, even with them turned on. This has happened now for several movies and is unacceptable....
  3. Subtitles don't work in Movies and TV?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subtitles don't work in Movies and TV?: When a foreign language is spoken in an English movie, there are no subtitles, even with them turned on. This has happened now for several movies and is unacceptable....
  4. Dropped frames / stutter caused by subtitles in Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropped frames / stutter caused by subtitles in Movies & TV: The problem is noticeable if monitor is set to the same refresh rate as the content 23.976fps or 24.000fps and play 4k hdr movie. Frame drops at the same time when subtitles appear, causing stutter. The same file plays perfectly if subtitle isn't loaded. This problem also...
  5. Dropped frames / stutter caused by subtitles in Movies & TV

Dropped frames / stutter caused by subtitles in Movies & TV: The problem is noticeable if monitor is set to the same refresh rate as the content 23.976fps or 24.000fps and play 4k hdr movie. Frame drops at the same time when subtitles appear, causing stutter. The same file plays perfectly if subtitle isn't loaded. This problem also...
  6. movies & tv app: movies with alien languages subtitles do not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    movies & tv app: movies with alien languages subtitles do not appear: Whenever a movie has an alienmade up language the subtitles that are automatically supposed to be shown do not appear whether I have normal subtitles turned on or off. WHY?...
  7. movies & tv app: movies with alien languages subtitles do not appear

movies & tv app: movies with alien languages subtitles do not appear: Whenever a movie has an alienmade up language the subtitles that are automatically supposed to be shown do not appear whether I have normal subtitles turned on or off. WHY?...
  8. Movies and TV certain subtitles not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies and TV certain subtitles not working: I wanna watch this movie with the subs but everytime I open the subs through the movies and tv app, it doesn't shop up in the list of audio/subs. But when I try to open a different subtitles file it shows up in the list. I tried downloading different subs for the movie, none...
  9. Can't add subtitles in Movies and TV

Can't add subtitles in Movies and TV: I am using Movies and TV to watch videos. However, when I choose subtitle files, they do not add. They don't pop up in the subs bar. I have tried all the methods on all the other articles. These are .sub files, but even with .srt and others, I can't add subs. I do not know...
  10. The subtitles not working on Movies & TV app.

The subtitles not working on Movies & TV app.: When i open subtitles files on Movies & TV app, sometimes the app display the subtitles fine and some times it's look like gibberish. The subtitle file works fine by the way with other programs like Media player Classic. I'm using Windows 10 pro x64 Version: 1809 Build:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. movies hebrew sub

2. change subtitles of movie from English to hebrew