Windows 10: movies will not play

Discus and support movies will not play in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i just turn off fast start up and my movies running ok.go in to power op. and turn off fasted startup.and turn off pc. turn on pc try running a movie.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by THOMASFLETCHER1, Dec 22, 2018.

1. movies will not play

i just turn off fast start up and my movies running ok.go in to power op. and turn off fasted startup.and turn off pc. turn on pc try running a movie. good luck.

:)

THOMASFLETCHER1, Dec 22, 2018

2. How to play a movie?

Hi,

To better isolate your concern, we would like to verify few things:

• Which Windows movie platform are you currently using?
    • Do you get any error message upon playing the movie?
    • Have you made any recent changes or update in your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 22, 2018
  4. movies will not play

audio ahead of video when playing movies

Hello
    lauroolvera,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the application that you're using to play movies/videos?
    • Does the issue happen to all types of videos/movies?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

movies will not play

1. movies will not play - Similar Threads - movies play

2. Windows 11- problems with playing movies/ clips

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11- problems with playing movies/ clips: Dear colleaguesOnce laptop is restarted Netflix/ HBO or youtube movies can be played well. After 10minutes- 1h I'm not in position to watch anything anymore.. It stops completely or the content is being played very, very slowly..For 3-4 seconds and then stops.I've checked...
  3. Windows 11- problems with playing movies/ clips

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11- problems with playing movies/ clips: Dear colleaguesOnce laptop is restarted Netflix/ HBO or youtube movies can be played well. After 10minutes- 1h I'm not in position to watch anything anymore.. It stops completely or the content is being played very, very slowly..For 3-4 seconds and then stops.I've checked...
  4. I rented a movie but can't play it offline because I don't have wifi to download it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I rented a movie but can't play it offline because I don't have wifi to download it.: above4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-rented-a-movie-but-cant-play-it-offline-because/4647ec9a-d31a-46ce-8eee-4c633854b583
  5. I rented a movie but can't play it offline because I don't have wifi to download it.

I rented a movie but can't play it offline because I don't have wifi to download it.: above4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-rented-a-movie-but-cant-play-it-offline-because/4647ec9a-d31a-46ce-8eee-4c633854b583
  6. Movies & TV and Windows Media Player only play audio for the first few seconds of videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV and Windows Media Player only play audio for the first few seconds of videos: When I open a video in Movies & TV or Windows Media Player the first few seconds of the video plays only audio with a black screen on Movies & TV or only audio and a freeze frame of the video on Windows Media Player. On Windows Media Player if I set the video to repeat, the...
  7. Movies & TV and Windows Media Player only play audio for the first few seconds of videos

Movies & TV and Windows Media Player only play audio for the first few seconds of videos: When I open a video in Movies & TV or Windows Media Player the first few seconds of the video plays only audio with a black screen on Movies & TV or only audio and a freeze frame of the video on Windows Media Player. On Windows Media Player if I set the video to repeat, the...
  8. Media player + Movie and Tv Is having a 5-8 seconds lag whenever i choose to play any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player + Movie and Tv Is having a 5-8 seconds lag whenever i choose to play any...: ALL THE VIDEO I PLAY USING MEDIA PLAYER + MOVIE AND TV, FOR THE FIRST 5 TO 8 SECONDS, ONLY AUDIO IS HEARD. WILL BE BLACK SCREEN NOT SURE WHY AND THE AUDIO WILL KEEP ON GOING FOR AWHILE BEFORE VIDEO COMES UP. BY THEN , MY VIDEO IS ALREADY ENDING...
  9. Media player + Movie and Tv Is having a 5-8 seconds lag whenever i choose to play any...

Media player + Movie and Tv Is having a 5-8 seconds lag whenever i choose to play any...: ALL THE VIDEO I PLAY USING MEDIA PLAYER + MOVIE AND TV, FOR THE FIRST 5 TO 8 SECONDS, ONLY AUDIO IS HEARD. WILL BE BLACK SCREEN NOT SURE WHY AND THE AUDIO WILL KEEP ON GOING FOR AWHILE BEFORE VIDEO COMES UP. BY THEN , MY VIDEO IS ALREADY ENDING...
  10. Movies & TV & Media Player won't play videos now but VLC player does

Movies & TV & Media Player won't play videos now but VLC player does: Hi, yesterday my Movies & TV app and Media Player app won't play videos that had previously worked ok. Curiously my non-Microsoft app, VLC media player, works fine.In case these would be relevant info, I had just uninstalled AVC Labs's video enhancing AI, a very demanding app...