Windows 10: Moving a boot manager of Windows 11 to another disk

Discus and support Moving a boot manager of Windows 11 to another disk in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Recently I bought a new HDD for my laptop as my old one is lagging and I don't want to lose my files by storing them on the old one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by R00L, Oct 10, 2022.

1. R00L Win User

Moving a boot manager of Windows 11 to another disk

Hello everyone. Recently I bought a new HDD for my laptop as my old one is lagging and I don't want to lose my files by storing them on the old one. Currently, I have SSD and HDD on my laptop and Windows is installed on SSD, but the boot manager partition is on HDD. That is because, firstly, Windows was installed on HDD, and when I installed it on SSD, it remained there. So the question is, what is the easiest way to move this system partition from HDD to SSD without using the USB drive?I found two guides which seem to do the work, but I want to make sure they are safe and could be used in my

:)

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Moving a boot manager of Windows 11 to another disk :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Oct 10, 2022
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 10, 2022
  4. Aquinus Win User

Partition management

Or at the very least, make sure that your hard drive boot order is correct, because it will take the first writable drive in the boot list to determine where to put the boot loader. As Jester suggested, pop the Windows install disk in, make sure your boot order is correct (or unplug the drive,) and run repair. It's really that simple.

Aquinus, Oct 10, 2022
Thema:

1. Moving a boot manager of Windows 11 to another disk - Similar Threads - Moving boot manager

2. Moving Windows Licence from Another disk.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving Windows Licence from Another disk.: Hello. I bought a new PC without any system. I wanted to move my old system to new computer but I couldn't. My new computer refused to start the system on the older disk so I decided to make a manual instalation on it. I've installed the system from a pendrive and then it...
  3. Moving Windows Licence from Another disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Windows Licence from Another disk.: Hello. I bought a new PC without any system. I wanted to move my old system to new computer but I couldn't. My new computer refused to start the system on the older disk so I decided to make a manual instalation on it. I've installed the system from a pendrive and then it...
  4. Moving a boot manager of Windows 11 to another disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving a boot manager of Windows 11 to another disk: Hello everyone. Recently I bought a new HDD for my laptop as my old one is lagging and I don't want to lose my files by storing them on the old one. Currently, I have SSD and HDD on my laptop and Windows is installed on SSD, but the boot manager partition is on HDD. That is...
  5. Shift windows 10 Boot Manager to another disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shift windows 10 Boot Manager to another disk: I was having 120GB SSD as boot disk and 1 Tb disk as data disk. I was having win 7 installed ,.By booting from windows 10 (20H2) 64 bit edition I deleted system and OS partition. I have installed windows 10 (clean) in SSD OS partition (SSD was already having 2 partitions ,...
  6. Windows Boot Manager Overwritten another disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Boot Manager Overwritten another disk: I had a linux distro with LUKS encryption installed on my M.2 Ssd. I installed windows 10 on my hhd only to discover that the boot manager wasnt happy to stay only on the drive I allocated to it, but it also installed itself on my ssd without permission and erased my grub so...
  7. Moving Windows 10 to another disk

Moving Windows 10 to another disk: Hello Microsoft, I bought a NUC that had Windows 10 pre-installed. I am having performance issues with the hard disk that came in the NUC and would like to move to an SSD. How do I use the Windows 10 license that came with the system? Is there a way to copy from the...
  8. Moving to another disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving to another disk: How to move everything (files, programs, games and etc) from one non-system disk to another? Symbolic links will not work, because the old disk will be disabled after the transfer. submitted by /u/bogdan_nickitin [link] [comments]...
  9. move disk to another computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    move disk to another computer: I've noticed no real hangups when moving a win10 disk to another computer and booting from it. A computer died this morning and was looking for a quick solution, so I grabbed a spare working tower and added the disk from the dead computer. This is a domain workstation and...
  10. Moving Windows 10 to another Disk

Moving Windows 10 to another Disk: Hi, I'm Abdullah I have HP laptop with windows 10 installed, and the windows putted in recovery Disk, I'm going to replace or add an SSD hard to my system, and want to know how can I move or recover the windows on SSD. [ATTACH]...