Windows 10: Moving a deprecated Windows store app from one PC to another possible?

Discus and support Moving a deprecated Windows store app from one PC to another possible? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone! As the title suggests. To be specific I have the Funimation (anime video streaming) Windows 10 app on one PC. The app got installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mrrobc97, Nov 30, 2019.

1. mrrobc97 Win User

Moving a deprecated Windows store app from one PC to another possible?

Hello everyone! As the title suggests. To be specific I have the Funimation (anime video streaming) Windows 10 app on one PC. The app got installed quite a while back on that PC. Upon getting another PC and installing Windows 10 and all my Windows apps acquired before I noticed that the Funimation app is no longer available for PC (only for Xbox). I obviously tried to Googleling a solution (damn, should I say Bingling here? *Biggrin) but no avail. Is there any possible way to move it from one PC to another? I know that it is a shot in the dark because I'm aware the data from Windows apps are scattered all over the system. Thx ahead your for your time.

:)

mrrobc97, Nov 30, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Nov 30, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Moving a deprecated Windows store app from one PC to another possible? - Similar Threads - Moving deprecated store

2. How to move programs from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to move programs from one PC to another: Hi All, IT newb here. I have two identical hardware-wise PCs that I need to setup for two people. I've setup all the programs in Computer A. My question is, what would be the best way to transfer all the programs/settings from Computer A to Computer B without losing...
  3. Transferring a program from one PC to another... Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring a program from one PC to another... Is it possible?: Hi all, In about a week I'm going to be upgrading my PC which will mean a fresh installation of Windows. There is a specific program I have installed on my current PC that I will also need on my upgraded PC. However I don't have a backup of the installation file. I purchased...
  4. is it possible to move the thing from one drive to another?

is it possible to move the thing from one drive to another?: so can I move all my files from drive A to drive b and then move the things from drive b to drive a, basically the same thing that I have now but on the opposite drives. submitted by /u/NachoSeventeen [link] [comments]...
  5. Is it possible to copy a Windows store app from another computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to copy a Windows store app from another computer?: I recently performed a fresh installation of Windows 10 build 1909 on my Acer Sw1-011 tablet/laptop (necessitated because there wasn't enough drive space to upgrade from 1809). After the installation I was able to re-install all of the apps except for The Weather Network's...
  6. Move windows 10 from one PC to another

Move windows 10 from one PC to another: When I bought this PC it came with Windows 8, then I got the free upgrade to Windows 10. I am changing the PC now but I am not able to move the windows 10 to that new pc, is that not allowed? I tried entering the product key, it did not work, then I tried activating from...
  7. How to move an app from a user to another one

How to move an app from a user to another one: Hi, I created a new user for me on the same laptop my mom uses. I play Township (a game app) on her user and I want to transfer it to my personal user. Any idea how to do it? submitted by /u/Retrograde-Motion [link] [comments]...
  8. Moving SSD from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving SSD from one PC to another: I have 2 laptops of different brands with completely different hardware, both with Windows 10 Home. The first laptop had a 250GB SSD, and the second had a 1TB HDD. I upgraded the first laptop to a 500GB SSD, and put the 250GB SSD in the second instead of the 1TB HDD. So the...
  9. Q: Moving license from one PC to another

Q: Moving license from one PC to another: Details pls: 3 yrs ago I purchased Windows 8.1 Pro (Retail !) I reinstalled to have Windows 10 pro.Now I want buying a new PC. Can I move the license to the new PC? If not: Can I add an HDD, and change CPU? Thanks guys :-) 78312
  10. How to move a metro app from one PC to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move a metro app from one PC to another?: Hi, I'm trying to move a metro app from my old Windows 8.1 PC to my new Windows 10 PC. Before you say 'Just re-download it' I should point out that, for some reason, MS have not only pulled it from the store but it also doesn't appear on my list of apps that are available...